Request for sci-fi story illustrations; series of stills/individual images

RaceyRicey

Really Really Experienced
Joined
Jun 1, 2014
Posts
464
Hallo!

First time I've ventured into this little cosy corner of the forums! Seen some lovely stuff already!

I was referred here by "I.M. Fauve/THROBBS" in another thread where I requested some artistic assistance for a story I'm writing...

Basically, after finally taking the plunge and deciding to write a few solo stories to be published here on Lit, I'm writing a sci-fi story which centres around an alien race integrating with humans and a human girl "integrating" with one of those aliens, star crossed lovers style (literally). I've tried to sharpen my artistic skill-set from about a decade ago but the sketches I'm coming up with are inconsistent at best and I'm horrific at faces and hands/feet etc. (though to be honest, I always was!)...

So I'm looking for someone who could offer their expertise and create some gorgeous illustrations for key moments in my story.

Of course, I'd love these done in colour but I'm well aware of how much time and effort that would take so even if these were just consistent sketches I'd be happy!

Obviously, skills required include a good grasp of anatomy, sex and all that goes with that, but I'd also prefer it if the artist had the ability to illustrate scenery, vehicles, technology and the like as well as interpret my descriptions of alien anatomy correctly.

We'd be looking at a good 10-20 individual pieces covering key moments with the potential to expand the story into several subsequent chapters should it prove to be popular so ideally, it would be lovely to collaborate with someone willing to commit to that much and hopefully be open to an on-going partnership.

I know it's a tall order, and I'd struggle on by myself if I could be patient enough to let myself re-learn the skills I thought I used to have once upon a time, but of course I'm willing to give full credit for all artwork, including notes at the beginning and/or end of the stories with links to your portfolio of work/forum threads if you choose. I'm not sure what most other people offer for requests but I'm open to suggestions.

I also know I've been a bit vague about what the actual images would/should contain but that's 'cos I don't want to post anything about the story anywhere public before it's actually out there to be read. So details can happily be discussed via PM. :)

As far as styles and techniques go, I'm not all that fussed really. As long as the characters and their actions are clear and defined, I'm open to anything. If anyone's been on my Twitter they'll see a couple of the only decent sketches I've come up with in the last few days and they're a very Disney-esque cartoon-face style... That doesn't necessarily mean that's what I want, that's just what those sketches ended up being! :p

I really hope someone takes this on and I'm eagerly awaiting collaborating with whoever that is! :D

I welcome and appreciate any offers/responses, including links to your threads/portfolios for consideration. :cool:

Ta muchly! :kiss:
 
Seems like the thread you mentioned above hasn't had any posts in nearly a year? Do we know if that person's still active and wanting to do this sort of thing? Saw a lovely pic detailing how a character's inner body looks; that's definitely something I was considering for explaining the alien female anatomy and reproductive system etc...

If you want to have a crack at it, by all means... I'm not in any particular rush with this one; I'd rather it take time and be epic than be rushed and seem like it could've been something much bigger/better. I can see I'm going to be spending quite a while building it up anyway. :)

Besides, like I said, the images don't exactly have to be masterpieces, so they don't really necessarily need a lot of time or effort investing in them... Though it would be preferred. Ha. :cool:
 
I think he's "around", but probably busy. Not sure that he could (or would even want to) take on someone else's story. BUT, if you like his work, you could send a PM. Can't hurt.
 
I suck with regards to drawing people. I have a good imagination of what aliens look like, given enough description, but likewise suck at drawing them.

My point in saying anything is that some people draw great portraits while they hate drawing backgrounds, while I am great at drawing backgrounds, especially scifi.

If someone wants to collaborate in this regard, I'm open.

As to Wet_Special's activity...
Last Activity: Yesterday 06:05 PM
 
Back
Top