The BDSM Book Club Discussion Thread

The BDSM book club selection for the month of June is:

Small Town by Lawrence Block

Fury :rose:
 
The discussion of the May BDSM book club selection, Daughter of the Blood by Anne Bishop can now begin. Anyone who has read it (ever) please talk with us about the book now.

Thanks,

Fury :rose:
 
No one is talking? Damn! Okay fine here goes my thoughts.

Did you like the book overall or not?

I did not. I felt either the author was just throwing a bunch of thing she thought was really cool together in a jumble or she actually has a complex society in her mind which she didn't bother to detail enough to the readers.

Do you feel it portrays BDSM in a real way, a positive way and/or your way?

I did not find the traces of BDSM to be read, positive or my way.

Did you like the sex scenes in the book?

No, there wasn't enough sex or BDSM. What was in there was mostly merely alluded to.

Did you like the rest of the book, the story in it?


Not really, I found it artificial. It took me a long time to read it because I felt it was pretty much bullshit, or a child playing at being cool sort of writing.

Would you be interested in reading another book by this author?

No. I am trying really hard to not care what happens next. I'd sort of like to know but I don't want to drag through two more books.

What did you like best about this selection?

When I could say I'd read it and PUT IT DOWN!

What did you like the least?

I didn't like that it was touted as a book in which the women were in charge. Frankly that scared me from the get go but then upon reading it, the men were highly powerful and arrogant and seemed far too in charge to make the earlier claims seem true to me.

I felt the story was thin, the details thinner and that some child was throwing in "KEWL" ideas randomly which made the whole book not work for me.

How would you have changed the story?


I would have made the characters clearer and more defined. I would have changed the names which I found distracting and silly. I would have shown the women in charge and the men less so if that was supposed to be the hook of the book. I would have had FAR more sex and BDSM scenes in the damn book!

Of course, you don't have to answer the questions above and you can say anything you like.


And I have. Anyone else?

Fury out!
 
Last edited:
FurryFury said:
No one is talking? Damn! Okay fine here goes my thoughts.

Did you like the book overall or not?

Better then the worst but not as good as the best.

Do you feel it portraits BDSM in a real way, a positive way and/or your way?

BDSM where except for a mention of a cock ring device.

Did you like the sex scenes in the book?

Again where were they??

Did you like the rest of the book, the story in it?

Well I liked how the main male character turned sexual activity into a game of power, much like some RL woman do.

Would you be interested in reading another book by this author?

Why the hell not.

What did you like best about this selection?

How the guys got to use sex as a weapon against the rulers of the realms. Also liked the WITCH, she can master seemingly difficult spells, but can't do the everyday spells worth a damn. Its like someone forgot to tell her that she is not supposed to be able to do what she does.

What did you like the least?

Sometimes it was hard to follow the book.

How would you have changed the story?


I would have made the characters clearer and more defined. I would have changed the names which I found distracting and silly. I would have shown the women in charge and the men less so if that was supposed to be the hook of the book. I would have had FAR more sex and BDSM scenes in the damn book!

Well heck you post when I am at work how fair is that??
 
Did you like the book overall or not?

Yes, I did. It wasn't what I was expecting but I enjoyed it enough and was interested enough to want to read the rest of the books in the series.

Do you feel it portraits BDSM in a real way, a positive way and/or your way?

The books really aren't about BDSM. There's very, very little actual sex in the books and while the society is set up for males in servitude to be the sexual slaves of the woman over them it's just sort of a given within the context of the book and not really delved into or capitalized on.

Did you like the sex scenes in the book?

There really weren't any with one exception which was horrifying and heartbreaking rather than hot. I don't consider it a sex scene to hear that two people are off in the next room fucking. The sort of third-person removed allusions to Daemon's sadistic practices in the bedroom don't qualify either.

Did you like the rest of the book, the story in it?

Yes, I did. It engaged me enough that eventually I just had to get over the lack of sex. It was confusing sometimes --- I never did figure out the exact layout of the three parallel realms and their cities within the first book. Also, at one point I was positive that a main character was described in one way and as a particular person and then, not long after, she was described completely differently and for the rest of the books forward that first personification never reappeared. I meant to go back and see if perhaps I'd just read the name wrong or gotten confused but I never did.

Would you be interested in reading another book by this author?

Yes, now that I know not to expect sex. Actually, I read the other two books in the trilogy immediately after I finished Daughter of the Blood. It was a four and a half day reading marathon in between the rest of my life errands. There's a pre-quel book as well as two short stories that I also intend to read.

What did you like best about this selection?

Hard to say. I liked the characters although I was frustrated by the inability of the protagonists to make a pre-emtive strike. Although, considering the long history of evil actions on the part of the villains I don't really see as it would be pre-emptive. In the end things work out as they should, but I grieve some of the losses incurred along the way.

What did you like the least?

The lack of sex when the premise of the society is so sexually based bugged me. Also, as I pointed out, I can never understand it when you KNOW who the bad guys are and how awful they are that you don't make some attempt to just gut them as soon as possible. Of course then we wouldn't have a book, but I needed there to be something prohibiting that action other than the good guys sense of honor. Or perhaps if that honor were made a bigger deal of.


How would you have changed the story?

In the first book I wouldn't have, nor in the second. There is a thing that happens in the third book that I'd like to have found a work-around for, but it didn't bug me as bad writing or story-telling it was just a loss that I didn't want to accept. I would have liked for there to have been more sex --- more "adult" relationships. The events that occur are in no way immature or suitable for children, but I found the lack of real sexuality a bit jarring. I find this with a lot of SciFi-Fantasy books though and it's one of the main reasons I've never been fond of the genre as a whole.
 
Thanks Leer and Brigdeburner!

Did anyone else read the book?

I think y'all both liked it better than I did?

Fury :rose:
 
FurryFury said:
Thanks Leer and Brigdeburner!

Did anyone else read the book?

I think y'all both liked it better than I did?

Fury :rose:

I liked it better but it did take me a bit to get into it.
 
FurryFury said:
Thanks Leer and Brigdeburner!

Did anyone else read the book?

I think y'all both liked it better than I did?

Fury :rose:

For a book its ok, but it seems a shame to try and call it a bdsm book, there was like no bdsm activities or much less any sex. I hope your veto over book 2 will prove to once again give us a bdsm book an not something else.
 
Let's check again on how I've picked these books, okay?

I went to Barnes and Noble, Books A Million and other sites of that ilk with BDSM as the search term.

I discarded the Non fiction books and anything one couldn't get free from the library.

I also took recommendations from people on the board.

That is how we got this list.

If there isn't actually enough sex or any BDSM in it that's irritating but I don't feel it my fault.

I am thinking of adding in selections of stories I know are good with lots of BDSM and sex from Lit and other places since the selection seems so small. Hopefully we all enjoy books and talking about them enough to enjoy what we do get.

Fury :rose:
 
FurryFury said:
Let's check again on how I've picked these books, okay?

I went to Barnes and Noble, Books A Million and other sites of that ilk with BDSM as the search term.

I discarded the Non fiction books and anything one couldn't get free from the library.

I also took recommendations from people on the board.

That is how we got this list.

If there isn't actually enough sex or any BDSM in it that's irritating but I don't feel it my fault.

I am thinking of adding in selections of stories I know are good with lots of BDSM and sex from Lit and other places since the selection seems so small. Hopefully we all enjoy books and talking about them enough to enjoy what we do get.

Fury :rose:

Here is place to buy some cheap cheap ebooks that might fill the need your looking for.

http://www.olympiapress.com/catalog/
 
FurryFury said:
I am thinking of adding in selections of stories I know are good with lots of BDSM and sex from Lit and other places since the selection seems so small. Hopefully we all enjoy books and talking about them enough to enjoy what we do get.

Fury :rose:

Fury,

I know I'm new ... but I think that's a lovely suggestion. I wouldn't want such a thing to replace a discussion of a full length book, but there are many very well written stories around that are free and quite accessible.

As stories are usually much shorter than novels, it also isn't as much of a strain to read them on a computer. (Studies show that regardless of whether you find reading text on a computer strains your eyes or gives you headaches, you actually process text on computer screens more slowly than you do on paper format!) Also, even people who might be too busy to read a full length novel for the discussion would be able to read a shorter story and participate.

I'm not trying to sway you in any way, but if you do decide to augment the existing book club with a few short story selections, I'd definitely be in. I have a couple interesting selections in mind already.

~Carillon
 
leeroy jenkins said:
Here is place to buy some cheap cheap ebooks that might fill the need your looking for.

http://www.olympiapress.com/catalog/

Well, as I said, I'm not looking to buy even if it is cheap but thanks for the link, I'll check it out.

Fury :rose:

Carillon said:
Fury,

I know I'm new ... but I think that's a lovely suggestion. I wouldn't want such a thing to replace a discussion of a full length book, but there are many very well written stories around that are free and quite accessible.

As stories are usually much shorter than novels, it also isn't as much of a strain to read them on a computer. (Studies show that regardless of whether you find reading text on a computer strains your eyes or gives you headaches, you actually process text on computer screens more slowly than you do on paper format!) Also, even people who might be too busy to read a full length novel for the discussion would be able to read a shorter story and participate.

I'm not trying to sway you in any way, but if you do decide to augment the existing book club with a few short story selections, I'd definitely be in. I have a couple interesting selections in mind already.

~Carillon

Thanks!

This sounds like an area of much potential fun! My all time fav BDSM stories are VERY long.

I think we could have a lot of fun with the nominations alone!

Fury :rose:
 
How are y'all doing with the book this month? I finished it last night.

Fury :rose:
 
FurryFury said:
How are y'all doing with the book this month? I finished it last night.

Fury :rose:

I had plans to get, it really I did. Right now my desire to read is ebbed till the point the 2 books I have from the library haven't been looked at or read in over a week at least.
 
leeroy jenkins said:
I had plans to get, it really I did. Right now my desire to read is ebbed till the point the 2 books I have from the library haven't been looked at or read in over a week at least.

Well your real life is taking over your thoughts and that is understandable, even laudable!

:kiss:

Fury :rose:
 
FurryFury said:
Well your real life is taking over your thoughts and that is understandable, even laudable!

:kiss:

Fury :rose:

If you say so Fury I see it more as a tunnel vision type thing, I am a bit flighty at times, but I do have the ability to obesess about something that it sharpens my focus to a find point, my focus now is to get this D/s relationship off to a good start.

As I have nothing at all todo this weekend because of ... I might as well read and finish the book after I get it.
 
Now taking nominations for JULY!!!

It's six p.m. and about a week away from the next BDSM book or read of the month club's next selection.

This next month, (July) I would like to look at books and stories (at Lit or elsewhere) that might satisfy us in some kinky way.

Nominations please?

Thanks,

Fury :rose:
 
1,) Kushiel's Chosen by Jacqueline Carey

In this engrossing adult fantasy tale, the fascinating Phèdre nó Delaunay fights to save her queen and country in a battle whose greatest weapon proves to be Phèdre herself. This sequel to Carey's accomplished debut novel, Kushiel's Dart, finds Phèdre, now Comtesse de Montrève, once again plying her skills as an anguissette--a courtesan for whom pain becomes pleasure--and her talents as a spy. She uncovers a conspiracy of treason and murder and begins an adventure that takes her once more to distant lands in the company of an intriguing cast of characters--and a new confrontation with her old enemy, Melisande Shahrizai.

2.) Heir to the shadows, by Anne Bishop, from The Black Jewels Trilogy which includes-- Heir to the shadows and Queen of the darkness.

In Heir to the Shadows, Jaenelle's vampiric, adoptive father, Saetan, and her foster-family of demons shelter her. To restore her memory and emotional balance, they move to Kaeleer, where Jaenelle befriends the kindred--animals with magical and communicative powers--and gathers a circle of young Queens. She also heals Lucivar, Daemon's half-brother, who offers a brother's love and a warrior's fealty. As she recovers strength and memory, Jaenelle resolves to restore Daemon and cleanse Terreille.

Bishop subverts readers' expectations; the "darkest" powers reside in virtuous characters, demons and vampires are kindly, and Jaenelle's adolescence is more comically normal than horrific. Her vibrant characters and descriptions will keep readers hooked, anxiously awaiting what promises to be a riveting conclusion. --Nona Vero


3.) Tie Me Up, Tie Me Down: Three Tales of Erotic Romance by Sherrilyn Kenyon, Melanie George, Jaid Black

Book Description

In this sexy erotica anthology, three hot authors reel you in with sizzling novellas about alpha heroes who will do anything to get the women they want -- even kidnap them!
Bestselling author Sherrilyn Kenyon presents "'Captivated' by You," the second sexy story in her series featuring the Bureau of American Defense. Rhea Stevenson is a "BAD" agent who has just been handed her most challenging assignment. She must go undercover as a dominatrix to bring in a deadly terrorist. The only upside is that her fellow agent, "Ace" Krux, whom she has long desired, is her training partner. Almost immediately the roles of master and slave are wonderfully blurred and Rhea and Ace unleash a wealth of hidden desire.

From bestselling romance author Melanie George comes "Promise Me Forever," the story of Savannah Harper, who has finally put her breakup with pro-football player Donovan Jerricho behind her. But when Tristan comes home to Mississippi on the eve of Savannah's wedding, he still wants her. And when he carries her off and holds her hostage, Savannah's surprised to find that the desire's deliciously mutual....

From Jaid Black comes "Hunter's Right," the fantastical story of Corporal Ronda Tipton of the U.S. Army, whose chopper goes down in the Arctic Circle. The only survivor of the crash, Ronda happens upon a hidden civilization of Vikings -- where she must face the bridal auction block. Only Nikolas Ericsson, the man who found Ronda, can save her by claiming her as his own according to sacred rights. But will she and this primitive brute give in to the sparks made when their worlds collide?

Sensual and playful, these three novellas will carry you away!



4.) Wild women : contemporary short stories by women celebrating women / edited by Sue Thomas

Contents The tiger's bride / Angela Carter -- Woman from America / Bessie Head -- The English disease / Nina Fitzpatrick -- The smile of a mountain witch / Ohba Minako -- Two words / Isabel Allende -- The debutante / Leonora Carrington -- Liking men / Margaret Atwood -- Simmering / Margaret Atwood -- In the garden / Darcey Steinke -- The odalisque, extinct / Diana Hartog -- Bloodmantle / Tanith Lee -- Sleeping Beauty, revised / Jill McCorkle -- All strapped in / Sue Thomas -- Orchids to you, dear / Fiona Cooper -- Really, doesn't crime pay? / Alice Walker -- Stone-eating girl / Meena Alexander -- The raw brunettes / Lorraine Schein -- I like to look / Kathy Page -- Planetesimal / Keri Hulme -- Perma red / Debra Earling -- The queen's chamber / A. N. Roquelaure (Anne Rice) -- Her thighs / Dorothy Allison -- Four bare legs in a bed / Helen Simpson -- How to save your own life / Erica Jong -- It's bad luck to die / Elizabeth McCracken -- MindMovie / Christine Slater -- A day at the peep show / Veronica Vera -- Roses / Evelyn Lau -- Julia and the bazooka / Anna Kavan -- Silver water / Amy Bloom -- In my next life / Pam Houston -- Many mothers / Beverley Daurio -- Suicide / Mariarosa Sclauzero -- Autobiography / Carol Emshw.

From Library Journal
Capitalizing on the appeal of Clarissa Pinkola Este's popular Women Who Run with the Wolves (LJ 6/15/92), editor Thomas has prepared this volume of short stories that "bring together modern examples of the warrior guises of Wild Woman." Thomas, a novelist and writing instructor whose own "All Strapped In" is included in the volume, divides the works into eight thematic sections-empowerment, sex, and righteous rage, among them-and provides informative introductory remarks to each section. The short stories come from a politically correct mix of contemporary women writers that include Isabel Allende, Margaret Atwood, Pam Houston, Alice Walker, and a number of emerging voices. It's not an essential purchase, but your Wild Women readers will want to check it out.
Debbie Bogenschutz, Cincinnati Technical Coll.
Copyright 1994 Reed Business Information, Inc.

5.) Topping From Below by Laura Reese.

From Publishers Weekly
The title of this devilishly pornographic?albeit literate?novel is taken from the argot of sadomasochism and refers to a rebellious dynamic in which the dominant partner (the "top") is subtly manipulated by the submissive partner (the "bottom"). After her young sister, Franny, is found murdered?bound, gagged and mutilated?Nora Tibbs, a journalist for the Sacramento Bee, discovers in Franny's computer a diary that details her brief affair with "M.," an arrogant music professor in his late 40s. Cruelly exploiting the overweight, love-starved woman, M. forced Franny to submit to a humiliating gamut of outre sexual practices. Convinced that M. is Franny's murderer, Nora sets out to prove his guilt by pretending to submit to his depraved aberrations. But, to her astonishment, she discovers a dark, pagan side of herself when M. enthralls her with intense, if perilous, sexual pleasure. Graphic descriptions of exotic sexual practices (bondage and discipline, sadomasochism, bestiality, etc.) accumulate, counterpointed by Nora's sweetly romantic relationship with a fellow reporter. The suspense, a bit attenuated by thin secondary characters, also is muted by artless foreshadowing, but the conclusion is satisfying in a savage sort of way and Nora's plunge "down, all the way down" under M.'s manipulations will keep most readers gripped even as they're aware that Reese's shameless pandering is manipulating them in turn. Comparison to Story of O is well earned. 100,000 first printing; Literary Guild and Doubleday Recommended for adult fiction collections.

6.) Cooking Up a Storm by Emma Holly

The Coates Inn Restaurant in Cape Cod is about to go belly up when its attractive owner, Abby, jumps at a stranger's offer to help her – both in her kitchen and her bed. The handsome chef claims to have an aphrodisiac menu that her patrons won't be able to resist. Can this playboy chef really save the day when Abby's body means more to him than her feelings? Beautifully written and evocative story of love, lust and haute cuisine.
---------This novel by Emma Holly is set on Cape Cod, and boy oh boy you have to look at the Cape differently after reading Cooking Up a Storm. Thee is more sex here than you can imagine regular working people having, but not only do both Emma and Storm have each other, they have numerous other partners. This is ma modern erotic romance where the woman has traditionally masculline traits, and the hero has more feminine traits in some respects. While that may be disconcerting to some, it makes for a different, interesting read.

Storm comes looking for a job but really for a business he can take over. He is not sympathetic at all. Abby has a failing restaurant and needs help, both in the restaurant and in finding her sexual side. Storm unleashes a monster. Abby finds herself witha a number of people before deciding to make her way back to the aphrodesiac laced cooking, and loviong, of Storm.

I started our liking Abby and not caring much for Storm, but ended liking Storm much more but still not rooting for either one. I thought, by the end of the book, that they deserved each other.

Would I buy it? Yes. Would I keep it? No. The ses is to ordinary and the plot not interesting enough for it to go on my keeper shelf. Good beach or bathtub read where you don't care if it gets wet.

----------------Ms Holly has recently been reissuing several of her earlier erotic stories, beginning with the terrific PERSONAL ASSETS. I decided to check out this story as well, but I must say that I did not enjoy this one nearly as much as I did PA. I'm no puritan, but I think casual sex can be taken too far! One of the things I liked best about PERSONAL ASSETS was the relationship within each of the couples and the fact that there were feelings involved along with the sex. But here I found next to no romance - just lots of gratuitous, incredibly casual sex under the guise of a woman "exploring her sexuality".

The book started out great! Jaded Storm Dupre is a hot, sexy LA-based chef looking for a fresh start and new challenges. A help-wanted ad for a chef to work in a small Cape Cod inn grabs his attention and soon he has uprooted his life and moved across the country intent on eventually buying out the inn's owner. She is Abby Coates who is hanging onto the inn by a thread. She hopes that the additional business a hotshot new chef will bring in will allow her to get the inn back on firm financial footing. Abby has just ended her relationship with a longtime boyfriend with whom she had a less than satisfactory sex life. Of course she and Storm are immediately attracted and she finds that sex with Storm has opened her eyes to lots of possibilities. Unfortunately, from there things went downhill for me, as Abby proceeds to have sex with just about everyone in town! Meanwhile the love-em-and-leave-em Storm begins to fall hard for her.

But I have to say that toward the end I really disliked Abby (...)! On the flip side, I began to like Storm more and more. I would have liked this book much more if it had concentrated on Abby and Storm as a couple rather than Abby's sexual exploits. And in the end, I have to say that I had no faith that their relationship would survive. But that's just me. For those who like erotica for it's own sake, this story may work. It didn't for me.

7. Top of Her Game by Emma Holly

Style and sensuality. Power and passion...There's something about the Parisian boutique Meilleurs Amis that provokes all who enter to blur the line between business and pleasure. No one knows this better than Beatrix Clouet, the daughter of its infamous and not-so-dearly departed founder, and her best friend-and new management trainee-Lela Turner.

Now, as they try to get their professional and personal lives on track, these best friends will have to weigh the price of love and lust-while making their wildest fantasies come to life... --This text refers to the Paperback edition.

8.) The Companion (Regency Vampire Novels) (Mass Market Paperback) by Susan Squires

Now that Elizabeth Rochewell's archaeologist father has died, society mandates she leave the freedom of the Sahara Desert and return to the stifling parlors of Regency England. Ian Rufford is a tortured soul. Captured and sold as a slave to a sadistic vampire, Ian will use any means possible to escape, especially after he realizes that he, too, is a vampire. He decides that an English doctor specializing in disorders of the blood might be able to save him, or put him out of his misery. For Elizabeth, the only good thing about her trip back to England is meeting a handsome, brooding stranger. Ian is aware of Beth, too, but he can't risk dragging her into his own personal hell. Darkly erotic and sinister in tone, this richly detailed book isn't for the faint of heart; but readers who crave the shadowy worlds of Christine Feehan's Carpathians, Laurell K. Hamilton's vampires, or Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dark Hunters will find that Squires' book is just the thing to sink their teeth into. Shelley Mosley Copyright © American Library Association. All rights reserved


Stories:

9.) Tales From Subspace by NIGHTQUEEN1963. http://english.literotica.com/stori...ry.php?id=84817

10.) Night Prowler by Paddymellon http://www.bdsmlibrary.com/stories/story.php?storyid=334


------------

ARE THERE ANY OTHER NOMINATIONS??? If so get them in! If I have missed someone's nominee please bring it to my attention. It would be an oversight not a deliberate thing, I promise. I need feedback! Tell me what you want, please!

Fury :rose:
 
Another book to nominate this month:

11.) The switch by Diane Whiteside.

In 2001 Seattle, former Army Ranger Sean Lindstrom owns the building containing the bookstore near the BDSM dungeon. There he meets US Treasury Agent Beth Nakamura who is looking for various non-fiction sex books. She orders him into the backroom and he obeys her command. She demands the submissive follow her orders and Sean does everything she commands she do ending with him jacking himself off in front of her. She is stunned with how easily she took control of this big dude while he is shocked that he came easily as he has been a monk for about a dozen years. ---

They agree to meet for more S&M lighthearted fun and when they do sparks fly. As they share sexual fantasies, Beth and Sean fall in love with one another, but both have monster doubts about a future together. He is a widower with a high school senior son whose memories of marriage are not that good while she was humiliated by her womanizing ex-fiancé so has trust issues. --- Though the opening encounter at the bookstore (not the ten years earlier military operation in Latin America) seems more a fantasy, erotic romance readers will appreciate this fine look at dominant-submissive behavior.

The relationship between the lead couple starts off at a high bang and never slows down as they enjoy their sexual encounters. Not for everyone, THE SWITCH is a heated novel that takes adjusting to the topic, but once done readers will appreciate that the tough ex Ranger who could kill without blinking has a submissive streak in the bedroom now to find those satin ropes. --- Harriet Klausner

Fury :rose:
 
Last edited:
Can we make it some sorta romance or something because I have not even read a third of this months book, just having some issue.
 
ImSkye said:
I have read Tales from Subspace - it's really good.

Skye

I agree! It's my all time favorite BDSM story!! I tried to make a SRP out of it once, or twice, only I wanted a married couple to train, separately and together, then see what happens to them. Will one turn out to be Dominant? Will they be able to keep their jobs and relationship?

Fury :rose:

leeroy jenkins said:
Can we make it some sorta romance or something because I have not even read a third of this months book, just having some issue.

Sure we can! Sorries about the rough reading month for you.

*hugs*

Fury :rose:
 
FurryFury said:
Sure we can! Sorries about the rough reading month for you.

*hugs*

Fury :rose:

Thanks Fury its not a tough month except for my choices. I waited over a month for Kushiel's Scion and now I can't hardly read it so I think I will just stay with the romance and plunder through some after I get the other stuff off my hold list that is.
 
JULY's Pick!

Okay our selection for the BDSM book club in July is:

11.) The switch by Diane Whiteside.

In 2001 Seattle, former Army Ranger Sean Lindstrom owns the building containing the bookstore near the BDSM dungeon. There he meets US Treasury Agent Beth Nakamura who is looking for various non-fiction sex books. She orders him into the backroom and he obeys her command. She demands the submissive follow her orders and Sean does everything she commands she do ending with him jacking himself off in front of her. She is stunned with how easily she took control of this big dude while he is shocked that he came easily as he has been a monk for about a dozen years. ---

They agree to meet for more S&M lighthearted fun and when they do sparks fly. As they share sexual fantasies, Beth and Sean fall in love with one another, but both have monster doubts about a future together. He is a widower with a high school senior son whose memories of marriage are not that good while she was humiliated by her womanizing ex-fiancé so has trust issues. --- Though the opening encounter at the bookstore (not the ten years earlier military operation in Latin America) seems more a fantasy, erotic romance readers will appreciate this fine look at dominant-submissive behavior.

The relationship between the lead couple starts off at a high bang and never slows down as they enjoy their sexual encounters. Not for everyone, THE SWITCH is a heated novel that takes adjusting to the topic, but once done readers will appreciate that the tough ex Ranger who could kill without blinking has a submissive streak in the bedroom now to find those satin ropes. --- Harriet Klausner

I hope everyone reads along with us this week.

I'm off to reserve the book at my library!

Fury :rose:
 
The discussion of last month's (June) BDSM club selection, Small Town by Lawrence Block can begin today! If you have read this book ever, please join in the discussion.

Fury :rose:
 
Back
Top