The Lounge Book Club

Veroe

Maestro/Truthseeker
Joined
Apr 5, 2009
Posts
62,507
This is a quiet room with lots of natural light coming in through the windows. All the chairs are in a circle surrounded by book shelves. Beyond that is a little café and juice and smoothie bar should you requirement refreshment while reading or discussing your book.

This thread is for readers. This thread is intended to support and foster a community atmosphere for those who enjoy reading books. So join the club and tell us what you are reading and maybe why you like it too. Also if you wish tell us what genres you like or your favorite writers in those genres. Also if others are looking for a good read maybe some of you can point them to a new book you've read you think they'll enjoy.

So pull up a chair and join in.
 
I guess I'll start with myself. I am currently rereading the Entire Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan.

I've read this series before as it came out of course, but this summer I learned that Sony is developing a TV show based on the series I expect so they can capitalize on the end of Game of Thrones by fitting right into that niche. That made me feel a little nostalgic towards the series that had been a favorite of mine for a long time and I was looking for another good read at the time so I decided what the hell and pulled my copy of Eye of the World off the shelf.

So far I've made it all the way from Book 1 The Eye of the World to Book 7: A Crown of Swords.

Rereading these I've come across a lot of things: Characters and events I didn't recall from my first read through of the series. So its a pleasant surprise. Also of note was that my favorite character the first time was Rand Al'Thor but now I'm all in on the Perrin Ay'Barra train.

Anyway Epic fantasy is one of my favorite genres, one I read for fun, always have. Some of the other novels in this genre I've loved is the Belgariad by David Eddings, The Sword of Truth by Terry Goodkind, The Runelords by David Farland, and the War God's Own and the Norfressa series by David Weber.
 
Last edited:
i'm reading my way through the novels that warwick deeping wrote in the 20's, 30's and 40's. most have to do with the impact on the working class in england of world war one. i'm fairly obsessed. also, i'm rereading the "jalna" series by mazo de la roche. they are all sorely neglected by the modern reader.
 
Neglected by modern readers is right. I've never heard of either of those writers.

Sorry we couldn't talk about this more, Rael.
 
I just finished The Book Thief, and I enjoyed it quite a bit. I like that it is written from Death's perspective and that he seems not to enjoy his job. I admire how the author chose to write it that way, it's different than anything else I've read.

I'm concurrently reading The Adventures of Tom Sawyer. Just a chapter a day to recount with a friend each evening as we laugh and remember our own childhood.

I've started The Hush, but I'm not sure I'll continue. Not that it's poorly written or boring, but if it goes onto being supernatural or scares me... I'm done. :D. I don't need that prior to sleeping! :eek:
 
I've just started The Wives
50 pages in and lm having mixed emotions about the it. Its the kind of book then pulls you in but I feel a bit uneasy reading it I'll let you know what happens if I finish it or not.
 
Finished the Book...
The Wives
by Tarryn Fisher
I will admit it was quite a read, crazy ending...never seen it coming. Bravo to the Author, Excellent Book.
 
Back
Top