Aussies! Check in here!

Poppin in to say Hi to everyone. :D :kiss::rose:

Have you finished study for the year Dom?

I hope the move s going well, WQ. :kiss:

Good to see you Kisses. Hope all is well in your world.

I hope Mr Elf finds his way here. And Ms Moon when she finally returns and thaws herself out.

The move is making me go insane. How can people collect so much crap? I have done 7 trips to the tip to offload stuff that hasn't been used in God-knows-how-long..... and none of it was mine!
Now more than ever, I appreciate my minimalist lifestyle. I just wish other people did too. :eek:

The move is making me go insane. How can people collect so much crap? I have done 7 trips to the tip to offload stuff that hasn't been used in God-knows-how-long..... and none of it was mine!
Now more than ever, I appreciate my minimalist lifestyle. I just wish other people did too. :eek:

LOL I think like that every 3 months or so when we have our house inspection. (renting)
it's amazing how much crap can pile up in just that time.

LOL I think like that every 3 months or so when we have our house inspection. (renting)
it's amazing how much crap can pile up in just that time.

Every three months, I go through my personal belongings and get rid of stuff I haven't used for a while and things like unwanted gifts, etc.
With the exception of a few bits of furniture, every single thing I own can fit into my car.
I really can't stand clutter.
But then - I have OCD, so that kinda makes it easier :eek:

Every three months, I go through my personal belongings and get rid of stuff I haven't used for a while and things like unwanted gifts, etc.
With the exception of a few bits of furniture, every single thing I own can fit into my car.
I really can't stand clutter.
But then - I have OCD, so that kinda makes it easier :eek:

LOL - we too are in the process of downsizing from large home to townhouse....I share your pain!!!!

I asked Santa for three skip bins just do I could do. Huge throw our. Feel like I'm drowning in our clutter.

I asked Santa for three skip bins just do I could do. Huge throw our. Feel like I'm drowning in our clutter.

I hate having things on tables and benchtops.... I like to be able to see my nice, shiny, clean surfaces! I am definitely not one for knicknacks and doilies and crap like that.
I also don't get the whole pile of pillows on the bed.... what's the point when you're just going to have to shift them all off in order to go to sleep?

And I never, EVER, keep anything that's broken 'because it can be fixed'.
'Fixed' never happens.
:rolleyes:

I hate having things on tables and benchtops.... I like to be able to see my nice, shiny, clean surfaces! I am definitely not one for knicknacks and doilies and crap like that.
I also don't get the whole pile of pillows on the bed.... what's the point when you're just going to have to shift them all off in order to go to sleep?

And I never, EVER, keep anything that's broken 'because it can be fixed'.
'Fixed' never happens.
:rolleyes:

I have definite hoarder tendencies. I can't stand waste. I have enough books to sink the Bismark and do reread them. I am happy to give things away to good homes. I came from a recycling, tie it up with wire kind of home. I have been very good lately with getting rid of stuff. But I love my book shelves full and vintage stuff. I have lots of pillows. :D I push them aside to sleep but use them to read (not that I've had time for that, lately :rolleyes:) I dread moving.

I have definite hoarder tendencies. I can't stand waste. I have enough books to sink the Bismark and do reread them. I am happy to give things away to good homes. I came from a recycling, tie it up with wire kind of home. I have been very good lately with getting rid of stuff. But I love my book shelves full and vintage stuff. I have lots of pillows. :D I push them aside to sleep but use them to read (not that I've had time for that, lately :rolleyes:) I dread moving.

I am diametrically opposite 'hoarder'.
That being said - I also can't stand waste. I recycle just about everything, I run a worm farm for compost/fertilizer, and I freeze most leftovers to make other meals (food waste is a particular irritant!)
But I also cannot stand useless clutter. Frilly, fluffy things that are just there to look pretty. Ornaments, vases, that sort of thing,really gets to me. I literally get a headache when the place looks too cluttered!

Update....
Last night the kidlet went out to his after-leavers party. All was good till about 1130pm, when the usual crap began happening. I got a call saying'come get me - they've all turned into idiots!', but I couldn't as I'd had a few bourbons..... so my daughter went and got him.
I was enjoying a night at home alone.... until my man turned up at about 4am! He decided to come home instead of staying at his sisters for the night. Frightened the shit outta me! All of a sudden I had a man in my bedroom! You know how your brain kinda accepts you're alone, and then suddenly you're not? Yeah, that.

This morning.... no kidlet..... major sex :eek:
Seeing stars and wobbly legs type..... good stuff!

Aaaaaannnd...... then we realized just how much other stuff still needed to be done before he gets on the ferry.....
So today has been spent sorting the last of the tools etc.
At least the sheds are now empty!

I'm guessing most of you have had a better Saturday than I! (Well, apart from the sex bit ;))

apart from wink wink I could brag, I would have to say you have a son with a good head on his shoulders, smart lad to know when to leave.

apart from wink wink I could brag, I would have to say you have a son with a good head on his shoulders, smart lad to know when to leave.

He has a rule.... when things go bad, he leaves because he can't afford a single blot on his record/name or he won't get into the Military Police in Jan 2015.
He needs a completely clean record.

He has a rule.... when things go bad, he leaves because he can't afford a single blot on his record/name or he won't get into the Military Police in Jan 2015.
He needs a completely clean record.

what service is he going into and what is he becoming ie dog handler or straight police. If dog handler i might have some contacts for him to help him with postings later on.

what service is he going into and what is he becoming ie dog handler or straight police. If dog handler i might have some contacts for him to help him with postings later on.

His plan is to be an MP for around 10-12 years and then join the Federal Police in civvie life.
He's done all the initial intake stuff, but can't actually join till he turns 18. So he has a year off.

His plan is to be an MP for around 10-12 years and then join the Federal Police in civvie life.
He's done all the initial intake stuff, but can't actually join till he turns 18. So he has a year off.

Well sounds like he has a smart plan laid out. You have raised an intelligent boy.

Well sounds like he has a smart plan laid out. You have raised an intelligent boy.

You're telling me!
He says he wants to buy his first house after a year in the Army (reckons he can easily save enough as he won't have any expenses.) Then his plan is to buy another place every year and build up a rental portfolio.
I don't know if he'll manage it, but he's done the figures and thinks it's achievable.

You're telling me!
He says he wants to buy his first house after a year in the Army (reckons he can easily save enough as he won't have any expenses.) Then his plan is to buy another place every year and build up a rental portfolio.
I don't know if he'll manage it, but he's done the figures and thinks it's achievable.

I think he will find it a bit harder than that...(just from seeing friends who have been in the service) but he could still build up a decent portfolio in ten years. Armed service members also get special tax breaks and loans as well.

I think he will find it a bit harder than that...(just from seeing friends who have been in the service) but he could still build up a decent portfolio in ten years. Armed service members also get special tax breaks and loans as well.

Maybe.... but he thinks it can be done so long as Tony-bloody-Abbott doesn't scrap negative gearing like he's been saying.

Hi fellow aussies, just got home from weekend xmas party.....shitty weather still in Melbourne.....where has summer gone???????? My bikinis are still in their bags unopened since I bought them!!

Hey Guys....((((hugssssss)))) and :kiss:'s for those that want them :)

Well that's TAFE done until Feb next year. Almost finished my bricklaying job, so I'll be able to find time to venture out on Kimmi.......anyone suggest anywhere to visit? :)

Good Morning :)

Well, my youngest had his leaver's dinner last night.... that's it, I'm officially out of children! They're all young adults now :eek:
Bit disappointing to see he was the only one there in dress shoes with his suit. Every other guy had skate shoes. Not a good look.

The house is very, very bare..... Ralphie and Eenie have gone to the slaughterman..... the XC has been finished (that was a HUGE amount of work to get the entire car done in only a couple of weeks!).... I have made 7 trips to the tip, and have at least one more.....
Today, the XC goes into storage for the next couple of months, then we load up the XF and the man leaves on the ferry on Sat. I will follow with a loaded car and the kidlet sometime in January.

I am soooooooo glad it's almost over! This has been a hell of an effort.

Hey Queenie ((((huggggggggssssss)))) and :kiss:'s

You've done amazing!!!! Good on ya!!!!

Good morning to you:)

New Aussie here just joining these forums and damn happy to find this thread.

I agree with you about Kids having no sense of style when it comes to their formals. Recently had Two eldest children have theirs and the same thing occurred (most kids in sneakers) and some even rocking up in jeans and T-shirts.

Hope your Move goes smoothly and you have no problems settling in to the new place.

Hey Wombat :)

Welcome along :D

Here's a pic of the finished car, for those interested.
(Bonnet is open as paint is still drying!)

Ooooooo now that's a ride I could enjoy ;)

Oooh, Aussie here too!!

Hey....err....Pervs :eek:

How are you going?

Poppin in to say Hi to everyone. :D :kiss::rose:

Have you finished study for the year Dom?

I hope the move s going well, WQ. :kiss:

Good to see you Kisses. Hope all is well in your world.

I hope Mr Elf finds his way here. And Ms Moon when she finally returns and thaws herself out.

Hey Triskie ((((hugsssssssss)))) and :kiss:'s

Yip, all done now to February.....:D

How's you? :rose:

Back