Where are the Star Trek fans on Lit?

AllardChardon

Literotica Guru
I thought this article would have been posted by another fan, but I guess not.

Thousands attend farewell ceremony for USS Enterprise
Reuters – Sat, Dec 1, 2012

The world's first nuclear-powered aircraft carrier, the USS Enterprise, was formally retired on Saturday at a ceremony in Norfolk, Virginia, attended by thousands of crew members who served on the ship during its five decades in the U.S. Navy fleet.

The 1,123-foot (342-metres) long Enterprise was commissioned in 1961 with eight nuclear reactors on board, and the next year was deployed to participate in a blockade of Cuba during the Cuban Missile Crisis.

Since then, it has played a role in a number of naval missions, including deployments to Vietnam and to the Middle East as part of the U.S. response to the September 11, 2001, attacks. It returned from its final deployment about a month ago, said Navy spokesman Mike Maus.

Nicknamed the "Big E," the Enterprise was the oldest active duty ship in the U.S. Naval fleet, according to the military, and was the eighth U.S. military ship to bear the name Enterprise.

The roughly 12,000 people who participated in the ceremony for the USS Enterprise include many former crew members and their friends, Maus said. The ceremony was held in Virginia at Naval Station Norfolk.

The Enterprise will stay at Naval Station Norfolk for several months and then will move to a shipyard in nearby Newport News, Virginia, where its nuclear fuel will be removed from the vessel, Maus said.

After that, the ship will be towed to the Puget Sound Naval Shipyard in Washington state, where its nuclear reactors will be dismantled and the Enterprise will be scrapped, Maus said.

There are no plans to turn the Enterprise into a museum, as has been done with other historic warships.

The Navy said in a statement that inactivation and defueling of the Enterprise will have "major impacts on the structure of the ship" and that it would be too costly to "return the ship to a condition that would support it becoming a museum."

(Reporting By Alex Dobuzinskis; Editing by Paul Thomasch and Vicki Allen)

Didn't read through that preamble above. But I'm a fan there even a few star trek stories n ere. I wrote a str trek inspired one myself.

I recently watched Star Trek IV, The Voyage Home, and I still love the scene where Chekhov is asking people on the streets of San Francisco, where the nuclear wessels are kept. Alameda, of course and its the USS Enterprise, no less. A great movie in my opinion.

I recently watched Star Trek IV, The Voyage Home, and I still love the scene where Chekhov is asking people on the streets of San Francisco, where the nuclear wessels are kept. Alameda, of course and its the USS Enterprise, no less. A great movie in my opinion.

I quite agree.
The incident on the bus where Spok silences that annoying twerp's boom box lifted the hearts of many viewers.
But my favourite is where Scotty & Bones are in the suppliers:
"Erm, Scottie, you're supposed to use the keyboard."
Scotty puts down the mouse he'd assumed was a microphone.
"Oh: a Keyboard. How quaint".
(in the pursuit of transparent aluminium.)

I'm a Trekkie and proud of it. Whether it be TOS, TNG, DS9, Voyager, or something else I love my Star Trek! :D

I'm a Trekkie and proud of it. Whether it be TOS, TNG, DS9, Voyager, or something else I love my Star Trek! :D

Ah- DS9.
I was a fan of Jadzeer Dax. . .
Bloody Gorgeous; she could have had my cells any time.

Per Ardua Ad Astra!
The scene where Spock sacrifices himself for them all and presses his hand through the glass to Captain Kirk's will always make me cry.

Ooh!! *raising hand, bouncing around happily* Me too!

Go figure, my man persists in his efforts to convert me to a Star Wars fan.

And who can forget that Spock took too much LDS in the 60s. There are so many great lines in that movie, we could go on for hours. Okay.

Go figure, my man persists in his efforts to convert me to a Star Wars fan.

Star Wars was always boys and their toys. Not that I mind boys with toys. And Princess Leia is one hot chick.
But it has to be the chiselled features of the Captain and those buttock brushing mini skirts.
I was titillated to see that the very first episode of Star Trek Next Generation had a man in one of those dresses strolling through.

If music be the food of love, Klingon.

"Ah but you should here Shakespeare in the original Klingon."
EG:-
tlhaw'DIyuS, Qo'noS ta' ghaH
Claudius, King of Denmark
Khamlet, ben ta' puqloD; DaHjaj ta' loDnl'puqloD je ghaH
Hamlet, son to the late, and nephew to the present king
polonyuS, Qang ghaH
Polonius, Lord Chamberlain
Horey'So, Hamlet jup ghaH
Horatio, friend to Hamlet
voltImaD
Voltimand

I was sooooo let down by a Klingon bachelor party. The writers had a lot of fun with that one.

"I can see it so clearly......I am going to kill Worf"
"Kill Worf"
"Kill Worf!"

:D

Picard may be the dude, but DS9 fleshed out the characters & stories like no other series.

Just wondering what this group thought of the 2009 Star Trek movie with the history of the original characters and everyone being so young. I like it a lot and own it, of course. The new one coming out is causing some speculation in the press, I see.

Okay, I'm going to share a little vent here.

Whenever I hear Star Trek, I cringe. The reason?

Trekkies are cheapskates.

I've spent years in the collectibles market including 5 years running an actual retail store.

Between customers, trade shows and conventions this is what I noticed.

Star Wars fans will spend like there is no tomorrow.

"Wait, that stained handkerchief was once used to wipe the brow of the cousin of the guy who played the Greedo in Star Wars? Will you take $500 for it?

Star Trek?

That's the actual uniform that William Shatner wore on the set of the first episode?

Ummm, (insert snorting sound effect) well, uh...how about $10?

Never failed.

As for the shows? I'm a purist I guess. As hokey as the effect were and as bad as the acting, I'm a sucker for the original series.

I liked the 2009 reboot, as it was a good movie. It however went a little too far in terms of science fiction, and lost the 'real' factor to me.

I prefer the old series over the reboot due to 'real' factor being more strong in it.

What I would love to see is a Stardate mod for a forum software. Being able to see dates as Stardates would be so epic. ;)

Just wondering what this group thought of the 2009 Star Trek movie with the history of the original characters and everyone being so young. I like it a lot and own it, of course. The new one coming out is causing some speculation in the press, I see.

Hated it.
If for nothing else, that J.J.Abrams took the chickenshit route and made it one of those "alternate timeline" theme's so it is not really canon, and DID NOT provide ANY history of the original characters. Just a so so summer blockbuster with a cast of forgettable "hotties of the moment".

Meh.

As for the shows? I'm a purist I guess. As hokey as the effect were and as bad as the acting, I'm a sucker for the original series.

Have you caught any of the "new" TOS where they modernized the effects? Actually pulled it off not too bad.

What makes me cringe though? I was once talking to a local detective that investigates child sex crimes. He said "We always divide pedophiles into two groups...."
"Star Wars or Star Trek" :eek:

If you're talking collectible's, you would be looking at a lot smaller pool of "stuff" to choose from with Star Wars, versus how many movies, television episodes with how many characters in Star Trek? I.E. how many forehead prosthetics would Worf go through just for one episode in a season with a few dozen episodes?

Picard may be the dude, but DS9 fleshed out the characters & stories like no other series.
Agreed. There were a few missteps, but overall DS9 gave me the feeling that they had thought the whole bloody thing out from the beginning.

Some of the actors were good, but I was not pleased by Abrams' decision to make Chekov (yes, I stick with the series' spelling even though it is wrong), a member of the same Academy class as Kirk, Sulu, Uhura and McCoy.

Okay, I'm going to share a little vent here.

Whenever I hear Star Trek, I cringe. The reason?

Trekkies are cheapskates.

I've spent years in the collectibles market including 5 years running an actual retail store.

Between customers, trade shows and conventions this is what I noticed.

Star Wars fans will spend like there is no tomorrow.

"Wait, that stained handkerchief was once used to wipe the brow of the cousin of the guy who played the Greedo in Star Wars? Will you take $500 for it?

Star Trek?

That's the actual uniform that William Shatner wore on the set of the first episode?

Ummm, (insert snorting sound effect) well, uh...how about $10?

Never failed.

Yeah, I can see that. My problem is that I'm not into the collectibles as much. It might be that whole... "Girl" thing. However, somewhere in a set of storage boxes at my mother's house, I still have a full collection of DS9 novels, up through The Dominion Wars.

I have a few Star Trek books, and one movie I think.

I want to get the complete set of every series.

Oh, I'm also a Stargate fan. Primarily SG1 and Atlantis.

Any Trekkie here watched either series from that universe?

Richard Dean Anderson as Colonel Johnathan "Jack" O'Neill was a great actor with Amanda Tapping as the perfect actress as Major Samantha "Sam" Carter. Judge was perfect as Teal'c, and I forgot who played Dr. Jackson, Cassidy, the General, or Dr. Frasier.

topace, you're thinking of Michael Shanks, Don S. Davis (Hammond of Texas) then Beau Bridges (Landry) and Teryl Rothery. I don't remember who played Cassidy either.

topace, you're thinking of Michael Shanks, Don S. Davis (Hammond of Texas) then Beau Bridges (Landry) and Teryl Rothery. I don't remember who played Cassidy either.
In my fan fiction story that's a mix of SG1 and Atlantis, I'm partnering her with Sheppard. Jack is with Sam of course. ;)

Thanks for pointing out who those characters were played by. Been a while since I last watched an episode. Freebies on the net take forever to download so I don't bother.

Back