the Authors’ Hangout LITEROTICA/A.I.R. 2012-2015 Themed Contests Support Thread…

Status
Not open for further replies.
[SIZE="+3"]YES, THIS IS THE FAKE CONTEST THREAD
[/SIZE]

made-up-fucktard2.jpg

[SIZE="+3"]
For information on the real contest go to:
[/SIZE]
[SIZE="+3"]
The Official Author's Hangout Halloween Contest Support Thread​
[/SIZE]

Last edited:
yes this is the one and only... and it's sponsored by yours truly...

[size=+2]ASSOCIATION of INDEPENDENT READERS (A.I.R.)[/size]

2012 Halloween Contest

tumblr_m9f51evql91qbppbno1_500.jpg

pumkin pussy

A contest where the winners are decided by the readers and not back room politicking...

A contest where all the votes are counted - not just the ones the QUEEN likes...

A contest where erotica reigns supreme - not bland non-humn stories penned by toadies...

2012 Halloween Contest

tumblr_m9f51evql91qbppbno1_500.jpg

pumkin pussy

A contest where the winners are decided by the readers and not back room politicking...

A contest where all the votes are counted - not just the ones the QUEEN likes...

A contest where erotica reigns supreme - not bland non-humn stories penned by toadies...

This is a "contest" where the "winners" are decided, arbitrarily, by one person. But don't let that bother you. There are no prizes or prestige or any other reason for anybody to enter, and no way to decide to enter anyhow. :eek:

ETA: But, if you want to enjoy the photos of pretty girls, go ahead and do so.

MANU nomination period now open...

[size=+2]
LITEROTICA’S LIFETIME ACHIEVMENT AWARD
[/size]

The Board of Directors of the ASSOCIATION of INDEPENDENT READERS (A.I.R.) decided some time ago that it would be appropriate to honor one of the giants of LITEROTICA fiction at the end of each of the Special Themed A.I.R. Contests.

They decided to call this new prize, one they believe will soon become emblematic of erotic fiction excellence and the most respected author’s award in the genre, the MANU. This name of course honors the first PRINCE of erotic fiction, a man who’s become a giant in the field of erotic publishing.

184_450pxStatue_of_a_Satyr_1.jpg

the [size=+2]:D MANU :D[/size] award

These prizes will be awarded based on the author’s complete body of work. We are now accepting nominations for the fifteenth MANU to be awarded. And the opportunity to join these great writers:

[size=+2]
the MANU

[/size]

BarondeSade
BOSTONFICTIONWRITER
Daniellekitten
Goldeniangel
Just Plain Bob
Many Feathers
nikki_2021
rgjohn
SamuelX
Sarahhh
scouries
Slickman
TryAnything
youbadboy

[size=+2]
[/size]

The Board of Directors of the ASSOCIATION of INDEPENDENT READERS (A.I.R.) decided some time ago that it would be appropriate to honor one of the giants of LITEROTICA fiction at the end of each of the Special Themed A.I.R. Contests.

They decided to call this new prize, one they believe will soon become emblematic of erotic fiction excellence and the most respected author’s award in the genre, the MANU. This name of course honors the first PRINCE of erotic fiction, a man who’s become a giant in the field of erotic publishing.

184_450pxStatue_of_a_Satyr_1.jpg

the [size=+2]:D MANU :D[/size] award

These prizes will be awarded based on the author’s complete body of work. We are now accepting nominations for the fifteenth MANU to be awarded. And the opportunity to join these great writers:

[size=+2]
the MANU

[/size]

BarondeSade
BOSTONFICTIONWRITER
Daniellekitten
Goldeniangel
Just Plain Bob
Many Feathers
nikki_2021
rgjohn
SamuelX
Sarahhh
scouries
Slickman
TryAnything
youbadboy

I nominate Freddie:D, for whichever name he is using at the moment.

I just hope boxy that you aren’t throwing out false accusations at one of LITEROTICA’S ‘favorited sons’ because you’re jealous of his accomplishments.

The baron is one of this sites greatest writers and if you don’t believe it I invite you to visit the MOST FAVORITED page.

He is quite simply a man of integrity as are all of our MANU honorees.

If you have some evidence to back your ridiculous claim present it. If not just shut the f**k up!

tumblr_maj3b3IpBU1rsiux6o1_500.gif

what boxy deserves for his jelousy inspired accusations?

Sorry to tell ya but his story was tossed out of the real contest for being the same one he entered last year. He's been around long enough to know that isn't right.

Sorry to tell ya but his story was tossed out of the real contest for being the same one he entered last year. He's been around long enough to know that isn't right.

Yeah, but according to d-bag I'm the cheater.

I just hope boxy that you aren’t throwing out false accusations at one of LITEROTICA’S ‘favorited sons’ because you’re jealous of his accomplishments.

The baron is one of this sites greatest writers and if you don’t believe it I invite you to visit the MOST FAVORITED page.

He is quite simply a man of integrity as are all of our MANU honorees.

If you have some evidence to back your ridiculous claim present it. If not just shut the f**k up!

tumblr_maj3b3IpBU1rsiux6o1_500.gif

what boxy deserves for his jelousy inspired accusations?

I appreciate the offer. I would LOVE to be the guy fucking that hotsy. :D

A story from SusieQ!
and just one so far...:rose:

tumblr_l2qp8tLOS11qzlphbo1_500.jpg

one can be enough!!!!!

So which of the QUEENS everchanging RULES did the good MANU AWARD holding Baron break?

I think that's a legitimate question. I don't see anywhere in the given rules that says you can't resubmit last year's story.

I think that's pretty much a given don't you? How many yearly contests do you know of that lets you enter the same story the next year?

I think that's pretty much a given don't you? How many yearly contests do you know of that lets you enter the same story the next year?

Each contest has its own rules. If this one doesn't state that you can't repeat enter as long as it's contest-theme specific, then why would rules of other contests apply?

Someone dinged me in a contest last year for entering a published story. But that's not stated as against the rules here either. (And the story stayed.)

I don't really care, but if this is the reason his story was dropped, I would challenge it if I was him--unless someone can point out the rule against it.

Each contest has its own rules. If this one doesn't state that you can't repeat enter as long as it's contest-theme specific, then why would rules of other contests apply?

Someone dinged me in a contest last year for entering a published story. But that's not stated as against the rules here either. (And the story stayed.)

I don't really care, but if this is the reason his story was dropped, I would challenge it if I was him--unless someone can point out the rule against it.

Maybe this is a case of live and learn.

Maybe this is a case of live and learn.

This is the first rule, and I have highlighted the part that was broken:

This is one of the biggest Special Contests of the year. The competition may be fierce! Write a shockingly original, frighteningly hot and readers may just choose your story as one of the three cash prize winners!

This is one of the biggest Special Contests of the year. The competition may be fierce! Write a shockingly original, frighteningly hot and readers may just choose your story as one of the three cash prize winners!

That's original in a different sense than you are trying to make it. The adjective apppended to it makes that clear. Let's not be silly about this.

There is zero proof that the story was removed from the contest by Laurel. The odds are exactly even that BarondeSade removed the story himself.

In light of the assload of negative comments the story was receiving due to being a duplicate of an existing story in his list, and the fact that the newer, second posting of the story has been removed from the site a few days later -- rather than immediately at the time it was removed from the contest -- there is more circumstantial evidence pointing toward and author removal rather than action by the website.

Reposting the same story doesn't break a contest rule. It breaks a submission rule, which does indeed disqualify it from the contest, as all contest submissions must meet Literotica standards. You aren't technically allowed to post the same story to Literotica twice. In practice, it probably doesn't get caught too often.

If you want a specific example, Freddie recently had to delete a story as BFW in order to repost it in his new posting identity.

Frankly, the people who are using BarondeSade as a weapon to needle scouries -- who everyone knows is also using him as a means to attach his name to authors with genuine fanbases -- is turning my stomach.

The story is no longer in the contest. It is no longer on the site. The author doesn't even post on the forum. His fans have already beaten him about the head and neck for posting the story a second time. Lay off and get the fuck over it.

You're no better than scouries when you're smearing someone who isn't even here to tell his side of the story for the purpose of a cheap jab at a fucktard with delusions of grandeur.

301 Votes & an Average Score of 4.71

LITEROTICA VOTE TOTALS STILL LAGGING!!!

Here are the LITEROTICA Section of the contest VOTE TOTALS at the THREE QUARTER mark. Still No 1000+ vote story yet. And look how many haven't even hit 100 votes!

Another indication that the reading public hasn't been very impressed with the quality of stories submitted. The Halloween Conteest seems to have run its course. A.I.R. is now planning on another theme for next years contest.

LITEROTICA Seection of the contest
highest VOTE TOTALS at the 3/4 mark

A Halloween Mishap SaucyEroticProductions I 849
M&M Kisses Tx Tall Tales ROM 660
A Good Kind of Scare littlebirdstory I 626
Witch's Curse: Bitch Becomes a Slut silkstockingslover NC 626
Horny Halloween curlyspurs LW 576
The Costume Party BarondeSade I 442
The Sex Genie HeyAll I 439
We Have to Win! CharlieGG LW 370
Oktoberfest Sex-Geschichte cbsummers FT 365
The Strength a Costume Brings RedHairedandFriendly LW 364
Tricked with a Treat Goldeniangel ROM 355
The Haunting in Hollow Brooke turner1116 I 325
Halloween Party HawthorneVixen I 324
Ridden by Red Riding Hood Legman173 EX 322
Unleashed Lien_Geller NH 321
Journey Through the Rabbit Hole NymphWriter EC 301
A GOR-y Halloween Party Tx Tall Tales LW 292
Lust in the City of the Dead madam_noe I 288
Halloweensters Schuppinzigh I 261
Bob the Blob The_Unicorn NH 215
You'll Huff and Puff, and I'll Blow CianPerrel IR 191
Taken in the Garage CianPerrel NC 185
Ashley's Humiliation CianPerrel LES 183
A Kitty for Santa monamante LES 182
il Diabla The_Technician A 180
Laine Goes to the Ball TinyBeth BDSM 165
Halloween Swap HarveyMarcus EC 163
Memoirs of a Menage naughtEgirl LES 161
Snow White, or Sleeping Beauty? CianPerrel NC 160
Little Red bluejeanserenade NH 160
The Defiled One The_Technician SF 156
Final Breath drteetho FT 152
Beautiful Corpse bienheureuse EC 145
When Worlds Collide boneams NH 145
No Tricks, Just Treats ChloeCallie ROM 140
Lipstick Prints BuckyDuckman T&C 139
A Grimm Tribute MSTarot NC 137
See You Guys Next Year runningonblade BDSM 134
So I Fucked a Zombie, So What? Dream_Operator SF 130
Hallowed Eve sleeplessgurl NH 121
Homecoming at the Witch's Academy msgrant67 SF 116
Thirteenth Seduction Ironiclaconic EH 112
The Third Apprentice wet_special ILL 109
Dirty Harry Potter Stultus ROM 105
Fairies, Ghosts, and the G-Spot Untameable_Guy GS 96
Resurrection fgmntfmgnshn SF 93
Something Wicked This Way Came madam_noe EH 91
Wolf Tale: The Magic madam_noe SF 91
My Trick or Your Treat Sexcess A 88
Teen Titans, Go! CianPerrel GS 85
All Hallows' Eve sun_sea_sky ROM 80
The Angel and The Devil CianPerrel GS 77
Made to Fit KeithD GM 75
Dawn's Very Special Halloween Party TE999 NH 74
Carnival and Masque. TamLin01 LW 73
Heather's Halloween House Party msgrant67 FET 72
I'm In Charge AllyTara FET 72
Intergalactic Intimacy Miss_Guided SF 71
Aphrodite's Palace sweet_lusciousdesire GS 68
A Bestiary of Monster Girls LiquidMatthew NH 63
Pleasing Kelsey Panthergirl NC 61
Halloween and Me RedHairedandFriendly R&E 61
So You Want to Be in Movies sr71plt GM 60
Halloween Wish PrincessS85 EC 59
The Change Lycandope EH 57
The Thirteenth Virgin wantsomefun1951 EH 55
Trick or Trebor Odysseyker SF 54
Coed Vampire Boxlicker101 EH 53
Unmasked and Exposed LaRascasse GM 46
My Night as a Night Elf CianPerrel ROM 46
Arkham Hospital for the Insane rot_teufel EH 43
Forest of Faunus xelliebabex EH 41
Shell Game Ironiclaconic EC 40
Skin Lycandope EH 40
Death and the Maiden Brandie69 EH 38
You Will Welcome Death wantsomefun1951 NE 38
Blood Red and Going Down BlueNightingale EH 37
Ways to Break a Good Man, No. 2 manyeyedhydra EH 37
Old Times' Sake YDB95 NC 37
Halloween Masquerade TE999 NH 37
The She-Wolf Lycandope EH 36
The Door slopoke1012000 GS 36
When the Howling Comes sxy_kitten AUDIO 35
The Bucks Mansion YDB95 EH 34
Raynie's Fantasy Fulfilled TSienna EH 33
Hawthorn Manor CianPerrel EH 32
Halloween Witch Pandora33103 FT 32
Cthasguahafgh nicecthulhu EH 28
A Taste of Midnight Corpse_rider EH 26
Nightmare in the Gallery ejls EH 24
A Ritual Promise DeviouSquirrel EH 24
Confluence tiggerlilly NC 24
Unchained Lycandope EH 21
Halloween Again botox FET 21
Entranced Bourguit EH 20
Creature Features TamLin01 EH 18
Lord of Devil's Night MSTarot EH 17
Doctor Dee is Dead oggbashan EH 17
Orgasmic Orbital Odyssey Miss_Guided NH 17

Again... for being my 1st ever contest entry, and since my story has only been up for 17 days (as of his posting) my score isn't too bad. I haven't had any other story get so many votes so fast in such a short time. My story may not win, and it may not be the most popular, but it's a piece that I worked hard on and one I'm very proud of.
Thanks to all who voted and commented. At least I can say I tried and I did my best.

There is zero proof that the story was removed from the contest by Laurel. The odds are exactly even that BarondeSade removed the story himself.

In light of the assload of negative comments the story was receiving due to being a duplicate of an existing story in his list, and the fact that the newer, second posting of the story has been removed from the site a few days later -- rather than immediately at the time it was removed from the contest -- there is more circumstantial evidence pointing toward and author removal rather than action by the website.

Reposting the same story doesn't break a contest rule. It breaks a submission rule, which does indeed disqualify it from the contest, as all contest submissions must meet Literotica standards. You aren't technically allowed to post the same story to Literotica twice. In practice, it probably doesn't get caught too often.

If you want a specific example, Freddie recently had to delete a story as BFW in order to repost it in his new posting identity.

Frankly, the people who are using BarondeSade as a weapon to needle scouries -- who everyone knows is also using him as a means to attach his name to authors with genuine fanbases -- is turning my stomach.

The story is no longer in the contest. It is no longer on the site. The author doesn't even post on the forum. His fans have already beaten him about the head and neck for posting the story a second time. Lay off and get the fuck over it.

You're no better than scouries when you're smearing someone who isn't even here to tell his side of the story for the purpose of a cheap jab at a fucktard with delusions of grandeur.

Even though it's none of your business, Dark, I asked Laurel's permission if I could delete some of my BostonFictionWriter stories to rewrite them and resubmit them as SusanJillParker. I've deleted 250 of my BostonFictionWriter stories so far to rewrite them as e-Books and to repost them here.

Laurel said that I could repost them so long as I realized, having already been posted on Literotica, that they could not compete in any contests. Further that my reposted stories wouldn't appear on the first page of the new story list. As far as I'm concerned the rewritten stories are so far from the original stories that I don't deem them the same story.

As an example, I rewrote my 60,000 word Love So Young and Reposted it as 115,000 word Love So Young. The book now appears on Amazon as Love So Young, Volume 1 and Love So Young, Volume 2.

Whatever I do is first checked with and approved by Laurel. I comply with any and all current Literotica rules. The only contest I'm allowed to win here, matter of fact, I've had the current Survivor contest rules tattooed on my ass. When I turn, bend, and look in the mirror, I think of all the people here who continue to bad mouth me and insult me even though I don't bother anyone. I just mind my own business and write my stories.

By the way, my current 24,000 word Halloween contest story, Mother's Halloween Trick Treats Son is all original. Good luck in the Halloween contest and have a nice day.

How many definitions of original are there? :confused:

There are several different ways to use the word. You are trying to stretch the meaning you want to a different context. When you are talking about the context of a story that is original as in never being submitted to a specific contest before, you need to put it into that context: "original to this contest." You don't slap a "shockingly" adjective on the front of it, because that changes the context of the word's meaning completely.

Try not being stupid about this, Box.

Even though it's none of your business, Dark, I asked Laurel's permission if I could delete some of my BostonFictionWriter stories to rewrite them and resubmit them as SusanJillParker. I've deleted 250 of my BostonFictionWriter stories so far to rewrite them as e-Books and to repost them here.

My reading of what Dark wrote of your transaction by way of example was that it was an example of how this works, not as any sort of criticism for what you were doing.

I have a similiar example that worked out a little differently (and I can't remember why/how). Based on reader request that got my creative juices going I wrote and submitted an expanded version of "Silas's Choice." The expanded version initially was rejected, but when I noted back that "Silas's Choice Expanded" was a major expansion of the original work, the old one got preserved and the new one added, with the two identified as a two part series. As I recall though, most of the original version is still buried in the expanded series.

In hind sight, I suppose the best thing to do would be to delete the first version (but I didn't want to lose the votes/comments on that one), or maybe submit the expanded version as an edit. For some reason I can't remember it didn't work that way, though.

I can see disallowing posting of a "substantially the same" story, but if it's not actually stated anywhere in the publishing rules . . .

This does raise the question of whether you could first pull an old story, substantially rework it, and resubmit it again both to the file and to a contest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back