First Submission a success... second submission rejected

PhotogJames

Virgin
Joined
Jun 29, 2014
Posts
3
I am a new writer. My first submission on July 2 (Chris' Photo Shoot, The Real Story Ch. 01) was accepted and has received a good response from readers.

My second submission was rejected with these 3 items of feedback

"Did I check to make sure everything was spelled correctly?
Were there any serious errors in punctuation or formatting (i.e. submitted in all capital letters, capitalization errors, etc.)?
Please fix the formatting of the dialogue. The essay "How to Make Characters Talk" in our Writer's Resources section has more information if you have further questions."

I believe I have made the needed changes.

I submitted a request to an editor to ask for help last Thursday and have not received a response

I am new to Literotica and I am not sure how to proceed.

PhotogJames
 
* Please ensure you have switched on your Private Messages. Go to User CP (top left of this page), click on Edit Options (in the left hand column), and then tick Enable Private Messaging in the second box down. Make sure that the next box down (Receive Private Messages only from Buddies and Moderators) is NOT ticked. Finally click Save Changes at the bottom of that page.
 
I spent ages messaging people from the editors list to have mostly no replies (although a few were kind enough to get back to me to let me know they were too busy) in the end I put a note requesting an editor at the end of one of my submissions and was fairly inundated with responses!

The only slight disadvantage to this approach is that you end up with editors who aren't necessarily Lit editors and don't know what Literotica are looking for in the peices submitted to them, but that is easily rectified.
 
I spent ages messaging people from the editors list to have mostly no replies (although a few were kind enough to get back to me to let me know they were too busy) in the end I put a note requesting an editor at the end of one of my submissions and was fairly inundated with responses!

The only slight disadvantage to this approach is that you end up with editors who aren't necessarily Lit editors and don't know what Literotica are looking for in the peices submitted to them, but that is easily rectified.

Finding an editor can be a tough process, but keep in mind that there are no "Lit editors." Literotica doesn't review or approve anyone who volunteers to edit. The Volunteer Editors list is just a list that Lit maintains (and many profiles are out of date or defunct) and allows people to join -- it doesn't mean that the site has approved anyone on the list to be an editor.
 
sorry that wasn't very clear, I think what I meant was that there are guidelines on editing from Literotica and if you're in that directory you've probably read them.
 
sorry that wasn't very clear, I think what I meant was that there are guidelines on editing from Literotica and if you're in that directory you've probably read them.

I wouldn't count on that.
 
Back
Top