2014 Survivor Rules and Registrations

Why the heck not. I probably have no idea what I'm getting myself into and will probably muck it up. That, or I'll have a relapse like I did last year and won't be able to do squat. But, (shrug)... I guess I'll throw my name in the hat.

Hey, nobody said anything about having to actually be good to compete, just prolific, right? :D

But, yeah. I guess I'll need a scorecard so I can make myself look like a fool in the 2014 Survivor Contest.

Oh, and should I announce my intention to get through the first level cap without using immunities? ;)

I will be starting your scorecard thread in a few minutes. I or another mod has to be the one to do that because nobody else can start a thread on this forum. Don't announce your intention to eschew immunities. If you don't want to use immunities, just don't select an immunity number or do select one but never use it when your number appears.

I believe BOSTONFICTIONWRITER is the only person to ever fill in every cap 1 during the five years or so they have been in effect, and he did it using immunities. Others have posted stories or immunities in every category. I've done it myself but, except for BFW, nobody has ever filled in every cap.

Can I Play?

Sounds like a fun way to get involved with the community.

Do I announce my stories here or do I add a note when submitting?

About time

I am in.
This has been on my wish-list for a long time. Would be an excellent writing exercise for me. I am late by tow months. Hope I make it up.

I am in.
This has been on my wish-list for a long time. Would be an excellent writing exercise for me. I am late by tow months. Hope I make it up.

You are not too late, but you will have to Enable Private Messaging

I have a rules related question so I guess I should post it here.

Originally the survivor contest required all stories counted for points to be original and that changed with the addition of chapters to stories, which has been great for a writer like me.

If I were to totally rewrite the first thing I ever posted to lit (which is dreadful btw and needs rewriting)so that the general plot remained the same but the entirety of the writing changed and I gave it audio for the text with audio category would that count for this survivor contest?

if I doubled its current word count of approx 2K words and treated it like another chapter would that make a difference?

Thanks in advance anyone who cares to weigh in. :rose:

I have a rules related question so I guess I should post it here.

Originally the survivor contest required all stories counted for points to be original and that changed with the addition of chapters to stories, which has been great for a writer like me.

If I were to totally rewrite the first thing I ever posted to lit (which is dreadful btw and needs rewriting)so that the general plot remained the same but the entirety of the writing changed and I gave it audio for the text with audio category would that count for this survivor contest?

if I doubled its current word count of approx 2K words and treated it like another chapter would that make a difference?

Thanks in advance anyone who cares to weigh in. :rose:

I deleted 350 stories, more stories that most writers write on the site, from my BostonFictionWriter account to rewrite some of the stories as e-Books. Without even me asking, Laurel volunteered her comment when I deleted my stories, knowing full well that I was going to rewrite them, as I told her I was as my reason for deleting them.

"Once posted to Literotica, you cannot use them in the Survivor contest."

Now, if the rule suddenly changes and we can rewrite and repost old stories...well then, I have 350 more stories waiting and ready to go.

It doesn't matter to me which way the wind blows as long as I'm headed in the right direction. A rule is a rule and if we change the rule this year, what about last year and the year before.

I deleted 350 stories, more stories that most writers write on the site, from my BostonFictionWriter account to rewrite some of the stories as e-Books. Without even me asking, Laurel volunteered her comment when I deleted my stories, knowing full well that I was going to rewrite them, as I told her I was as my reason for deleting them.

"Once posted to Literotica, you cannot use them in the Survivor contest."

Now, if the rule suddenly changes and we can rewrite and repost old stories...well then, I have 350 more stories waiting and ready to go.

It doesn't matter to me which way the wind blows as long as I'm headed in the right direction. A rule is a rule and if we change the rule this year, what about last year and the year before.

If you have already deleted the 350 then honestly who would really know if you did rewrite and resubmit. That's entirely up to you.

I had thought to keep the original in place and treat this as a extra chapter, like chapter 1 part B but it we cant that fine too its why i asked. I wasn't married to teh idea or anything it was just something i thought about doing for the text with audio section that all to give that series a bit of... I dunno more character.

A rule change being detrimental to the years before didn't become a big issue when they changed the chapter rule, so I don't see it as an issue here either way.

Shrugs, its all moot if Laurel has said no. Thanks for the info.

If you have already deleted the 350 then honestly who would really know if you did rewrite and resubmit. That's entirely up to you.

I had thought to keep the original in place and treat this as a extra chapter, like chapter 1 part B but it we cant that fine too its why i asked. I wasn't married to teh idea or anything it was just something i thought about doing for the text with audio section that all to give that series a bit of... I dunno more character.

A rule change being detrimental to the years before didn't become a big issue when they changed the chapter rule, so I don't see it as an issue here either way.

Shrugs, its all moot if Laurel has said no. Thanks for the info.

Actually, for me, and maybe you feel the same way, but writing new material is so much more creatively exciting. Sometimes I can't bear to even read my old stories.

I've been on a role lately with long, novel length stories coming one after another. My Becky and Brain Gangbang story was 60,000 words and my new series, Susan's Saturday Night Sex is 60,000 words. Right behind those, I have several new series posting in the next few weeks.

I forget more stories than I write. Sometimes, I can't type fast enough. I think I must have the brain tumor that John Travolta had in Phenomena.

You're a good writer. I've been reading some of your stories.

And to answer that question since I can't merge the older post with the new news and views thread, all stories counted for points in the contest must be NEW and original. If it was previously posted in any form, it can't be rewritten and used for the contest.

I would like to join the contest, please.

I'm not prolific. (I've always been a slow writer, prizing quality above quantity.) That said, I think entering this contest would be a way to challenge myself to increase my output....
So, yeah, why not, right? If you would provide me a scorecard, I'd appreciate it!

The Author Survivor Contest

I want to be in the author survivor contest and please create a score card in my user name.

This is awesome! I've been wanting to find creative ways to expand my topics of interest. Can you please make me a scorecard?

I can't find the page for the June Immunities. I've used the search and it does not appear. Can anyone provide a link?

BrettJ in Canada

Yeah, I found it eventually, but it didn't pop up on the search pages. Thanks.

BrettJ in Canada

Deal me in. I've never play this before, but I do know I write enough to give it a good run.

MSTarot, wishes to join the fun.

:D

I have a question. When it comes to the bonus for how many categories?

What qualifies for that? In other words this year I have a LW story, but it is a contest entry. So if it ended today, does that count towards LW or no I would have to have one specifically in LW as well?

Am I explaining this right?

I have a question. When it comes to the bonus for how many categories?

What qualifies for that? In other words this year I have a LW story, but it is a contest entry. So if it ended today, does that count towards LW or no I would have to have one specifically in LW as well?

Am I explaining this right?

It's my understanding that contest entries count as contest entries only. Counting it as both a contest entry AND a category entry would be double dipping. Not an official opinion, but I think that's correct.

You are correct however. Special Stories count as their own category and that is where the story will be posted. So I highly recommend you put stories in the special contest in categories that you are comfortable if not prolific in. I pity the fool who burns a novel or story with Audio on Summer Lovin.

It's my understanding that contest entries count as contest entries only. Counting it as both a contest entry AND a category entry would be double dipping. Not an official opinion, but I think that's correct.

You are correct however. Special Stories count as their own category and that is where the story will be posted. So I highly recommend you put stories in the special contest in categories that you are comfortable if not prolific in. I pity the fool who burns a novel or story with Audio on Summer Lovin.

Thanks for the clarification.

Yes, so far I've put contest stories in categories I either already have something in or will soon.

Back