The Last Thing You Thought...

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's true, most definitely.

I've never paid for a pure breed. Personally, I like to take in dogs who need a home. My Boxer we took in from a family who didn't have the time to raise her properly. I respect that when a family discovers their limits and acts in the best interest of the dog.

Absolutely. I got my golden chow from his rescuer, but he couldn't keep him because he had a newborn, and a cat already. He felt he couldn't make it work so I took the boy in. He is my baby. He also sheds all year round but not like normal dogs. He comes out in tufts of hair (he has that chow coat)

In the summer time he looses easily 10 pounds of hair and looks like a different dog.

I am a general animal lover, but dogs are my real love. I've never met a dog I couldn't approach, even aggressive ones who normally don't like men, or people.

My parents have a dog right now who is skittish as can be. It took MONTHS before she would even be in the same room with my dad, and they didn't bond until she had an injury that made it so he had to carry her up and down the stairs to go to do her business.

I visited them and her and I bonded the first night.

That they are! :D

Yaaaaay, I love...!!

finishes reading

...oh... :(

Well, just to join in, I grew up with labradors all my life, mainly blacks, had one golden in there and a chocolate. Our black now is gorgeous and so so loyal it's insane. She never walks further than a metre or so from me now I'm pregnant and when Mini Brit was born she'd lay as close to the crib as possible...just in case she was needed...

Labs are awesome especially around children. They seem to genuinely bond to their family, at least the ones I've known. My parents have a Golden and my close friend has a Black. I've seen nothing but sweetness. My dog also loves them both.

Absolutely. I got my golden chow from his rescuer, but he couldn't keep him because he had a newborn, and a cat already. He felt he couldn't make it work so I took the boy in. He is my baby. He also sheds all year round but not like normal dogs. He comes out in tufts of hair (he has that chow coat)

In the summer time he looses easily 10 pounds of hair and looks like a different dog.

I am a general animal lover, but dogs are my real love. I've never met a dog I couldn't approach, even aggressive ones who normally don't like men, or people.

My parents have a dog right now who is skittish as can be. It took MONTHS before she would even be in the same room with my dad, and they didn't bond until she had an injury that made it so he had to carry her up and down the stairs to go to do her business.

100%. I have a total weakness for dogs.

I knew you'd find that clip. :D

100%. I have a total weakness for dogs.

Same here, you just can't be mad at a puppy.

9a05be916cd7b9496ab67675b6ac7696.png

Labs are awesome especially around children. They seem to genuinely bond to their family, at least the ones I've known. My parents have a Golden and my close friend has a Black. I've seen nothing but sweetness. My dog also loves them both.

Never met a lab who wasn't lovely in one way or another.
This one we have now though was the only one we've ever had to 'teach' how to swim. :rolleyes: now she can there's no stopping her but as a puppy and a young dog, it was a little embarassing...

Step one...throw the stick...

5006_118704261354_3431349_n.jpg

Step two...normal dog = leaps in after stick, ours = dive in head first and nearly drown!

5006_118704271354_5279946_n.jpg

Surface near the bank looking more than a little bedraggled and we have to 'rescue' the stick using an oar from the rowing boat (and then the other oar to rescue the first oar that got dropped in the water trying to get the stick! I kid you not!!)

I can barely handle the little bit of shed my Boxer does in the summer, she gave me an allergy attack this morning after our jog/walk and had to sit right be me while I was stretching. LoL

Animals know who they can trust. They tend to love me. I love dogs, cats and bunnies! We have a bunny too... she lives in my daughter's room. That little thing sheds like a mo-fo and HATES to be brushed and will bite at the brush when you do attempt, it's kind of funny/cute. I've had many, many cats growing up, but I will say I love having a bunny, they really are great pets.

I can barely handle the little bit of shed my Boxer does in the summer, she gave me an allergy attack this morning after our jog/walk and had to sit right be me while I was stretching. LoL

Animals know who they can trust. They tend to love me. I love dogs, cats and bunnies! We have a bunny too... she lives in my daughter's room. That little thing sheds like a mo-fo and HATES to be brushed and will bite at the brush when you do attempt, it's kind of funny/cute. I've had many, many cats growing up, but I will say I love having a bunny, they really are great pets.

I have enough animals to start a small zoo.

2 dogs, 2 cats, 2 rabbits.

I knew you'd find that clip. :D

Same here, you just can't be mad at a puppy.

9a05be916cd7b9496ab67675b6ac7696.png

aw..*melts*

This one we have now though was the only one we've ever had to 'teach' how to swim. :rolleyes: now she can there's no stopping her but as a puppy and a young dog, it was a little embarassing...

Step two...normal dog = leaps in after stick, ours = dive in head first and nearly drown!

Surface near the bank looking more than a little bedraggled and we have to 'rescue' the stick using an oar from the rowing boat (and then the other oar to rescue the first oar that got dropped in the water trying to get the stick! I kid you not!!)

Oh lord that is hilarious! hey, no breed is perfect! hehe

*laughs* That is just hilarious.

Oh lord that is hilarious! hey, no breed is perfect! hehe

*laughs* That is just hilarious.

She's definitely one of a kind!
But wouldn't want her any other way!

This was taken when Mini Brit was about a month and a half old and had only been home a couple of weeks after her surgery. The dog was never more than this far away if she could help it. :heart:
38560_453767346354_4686603_n.jpg

It's okay... not everyone can be right.

:p

tumblr_m10nvzhZX01r5psdp.gif

:D

edit: Though I do like cats as well.

Hisses at them both, teeth baring, glaring.

Cats are amazing animals. They are beautiful, and quite misunderstood.

And I'm still in that fuck me like you hate me, make us both bleed, pass out, fighting angry fuck type of mood...don't try me. I might not be so nice. I'm in a cage for a reason.

-Strokes the kitty behind the ears-

Purrs deeply, crawling into his lap.

This was taken when Mini Brit was about a month and a half old and had only been home a couple of weeks after her surgery. The dog was never more than this far away if she could help it. :heart:

Awwww, sweetness!

I have friends who have adopted a little boy and from nearly day one their golden lab has been his fastidious friend. It's adorable.

And I'm still in that fuck me like you hate me, make us both bleed, pass out, fighting angry fuck type of mood...don't try me. I might not be so nice. I'm in a cage for a reason.

Like I said I don't hate cats. In fact cats like me a lot. Every cat I ever owned loved me to death always running through my legs and getting in my lap and purring as I scratched their ears.

Anyway

Cats-Are-Jerks_61b617413f1dd4a7fea7.gif

*dies from cuteness overload*

Like I said I don't hate cats. In fact cats like me a lot. Every cat I ever owned loved me to death always running through my legs and getting in my lap and purring as I scratched their ears.

Anyway

Cats-Are-Jerks_61b617413f1dd4a7fea7.gif

*laughs*

I love cats, but they are brats!

I've had many... and even the ones I loved best were demanding when they felt they needed to be, a little like me.

Purrs deeply, crawling into his lap.

-Pats the kitty softly-

How's college?

That kind of reminds me of my dog's mommy dog (who lives here with my mom now, actually).

She's an Aussie Shepherd, and after she was a year or so old she started grabbing one of the legs of my sister's pants whenever she'd try to leave the room and try to pull her back into it. We just thought it was her being weird until I realized what she was doing: acting like a shepherd trying to keep her people together. She was a determined little thing though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back