I.M. Fauve Gallery

thanks.

You've got a curious M.O. there — rarely typing commenst (words)
just 7 emoticons. Wuz up wut dat? :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

:)

Some response is better'n none!

I like. But typing sort of hurts. And I don't have to say it perfect when I really like it. :)

I like. But typing sort of hurts. And I don't have to say it perfect when I really like it. :)

Well then! I extra appreciate your comment and effort.:)
Can you get a speak to text function? That would be such a drag.
I have arthritis (not so extreme, yet) and drawing someimes gets a bit painful after a while.

Well then! I extra appreciate your comment and effort.:)
Can you get a speak to text function? That would be such a drag.
I have arthritis (not so extreme, yet) and drawing someimes gets a bit painful after a while.

I am going the other way. I am just not here much anymore. Few days now and then is all. Not enough sharing of thoughts with the ladies for me. Or just tired of being ignored. I can breeze though once a month and not miss much.

I am going the other way. I am just not here much anymore. Few days now and then is all. Not enough sharing of thoughts with the ladies for me. Or just tired of being ignored. I can breeze though once a month and not miss much.

Yep. I hear you.

*puts on grandpa voice* (not a grandpa, yet)
I remember when... LIT seemed more fun and interactive and even "collegial".:)

Last edited:
attachment.php

She says, "Ach! I 'eard it was just a myth! It's much bigger'n I expected!"

I love your self-portrait [referring to the one who can barely cover his monster under a kilt, not the monster in the background].

I love your self-portrait [referring to the one who can barely cover his monster under a kilt, not the monster in the background].

Ha!
Thank you.:)
Though, this is one of the few that isn't a self portrait.:D

(even the ones that are "self-portraits" — utilize a LOT of artistic license):cool:

Though, this is one of the few that isn't a self portrait.:D

(even the ones that are "self-portraits" — utilize a LOT of artistic license):cool:

Good information.

I did recognize that your avatar was not a self-portrait, except for maybe for the artistic license indicating you might be an avid reader.

Good information.

I did recognize that your avatar was not a self-portrait, except for maybe for the artistic license indicating you might be an avid reader.

it's not?

Interpretive, perhaps. A vignette of sorts.

it's not?

Interpretive, perhaps. A vignette of sorts.

A mix of the primal and the intellectual? An indication of where decisions are typically made by a man?

I noticed the reader left the scene for a while, with the book lying on the ground, pages flapping in the wind.

A mix of the primal and the intellectual? An indication of where decisions are typically made by a man?

I noticed the reader left the scene for a while, with the book lying on the ground, pages flapping in the wind.

We are all a blend. The percentages vary, wildly.

must have been a bathroom break....or sumthin':)

(still not clear how he turns the pages):cool: Jedi mind tricks, perhaps.

Perhaps if he throbbs just right, but I suspect that would be all in vain.

:cool:

Not if the wind blows just at the right time and the right direction.

Shit, I'll let you get back to drawing. I look forward to your next offering, whatever that might turn out to be.

They would not listen, they're not listening still.

p183#4573
too much effort, apparently

The "payoff" is minimal, but for the right person...

...she apparently has not been amongst those who peek at this thread. (~700 in a week)
I really wish that LIT still had the image view counters — at least that gave some minimal/passive feedback, considering there is not active feedback.

Perhaps they never will.

piqued? then peek until you peak.

also p183#4566

Last edited:
What's the formula, I wonder?

In another arena it was often the Pythagorean Theorem. Here, it's not math.

I enjoy your buried edits even more than your more than your first versions. Must be the law of scarcity.

Wishing you the best.

thank you.:)

Always a range in finish, and though I have broad tastes, that spectrum is not "all encompassing" — something for most, but not quite "something for everyone"

With feedback so limited, it is difficult to know what people like (if anything).
There have been comments and such in the past, but I suspect that I over saturated my thread, as you noted.

I was surprised to see an anonymous comment on "Thor", in the Erotic Art Section "up-front" on LIT. just — "no balls...?" rather odd, as there are definitely balls.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Balls ride high during a cool outdoor storm. A natural thermo-regulation and defense mechanism.

It's not like Thor was lounging on a hot beach that day.

Balls ride high during a cool outdoor storm. A natural thermo-regulation and defense mechanism.

It's not like Thor was lounging on a hot beach that day.

exactly.
the ol' Cumuloinimbus

Seems like a REALLY odd thing to comment on. But, on the bright side, it was feedback! :D

I suspect that the anonymous commenter does not have, has not seen, balls as a point of reference.

Last edited:
Your drawing of Thor is excellent. I have always thought that your work is similar to the work of Robert Crumb.

I hope you can resolve your current health issues, and find a good outlet for your erotic work. Sad to say, Crumb had to leave his conservative town in California, in part because of the nature of his art. After he moved to France with his wife, who is also an artist, he continued to do fine work. I saw his Book of Genesis collection at the Museum of Art in Portland, Oregon a number of years ago.

Thank you, Coati.

I know Crumb (well, not personally, but I'm old enough to have seen his work published "live" as I was growing up). Funny, I don't see too much similarity — stylistically, but subject-wise, there often is.

Wooooo nearly 450,000 views!
1,003 to go... approximately 100/day...so maybe a little over a week...and THEN!....

750 so, exciting!
273 just few days until...ummm PRIZES!? or...
Jan 29,2019 DING! DING! DING! past 450,000 views! mostly bots, I'm sure

What does that mean?
Not a lot.

Interesting replies, now that means something.
As with any thread, anywhere on the LIT Bulletin Boards, that's challenging to generate.

One can generate numbers of replies, by starting an argument or posting an ABC thread, or sometimes by posing a question....
so what do you think? heeeheee

Obviously, I hope, on THIS thread, I'd like to discuss my illustrations (of course most are currently not visible, so that's not gonna happen is it?)

Last edited:
I know Crumb (well, not personally, but I'm old enough to have seen his work published "live" as I was growing up). Funny, I don't see too much similarity — stylistically, but subject-wise, there often is.

Here is the stylistic similarity that I see. Both you and Crumb pay close attention to presenting physiological detail, with just a touch of exaggeration for the purposes of focusing attention on the inner world of the artist and the subjects. These subjects jump off the page, and make me think, "I know that person", "I've felt that emotion", or "I've seen that expression."

You both also pay close attention to the details of the environment surrounding the subjects.

Crumb's exaggeration of details obviously go more toward the cartoonish than is the case with your work, but Crumb always seems to be making statements that extend beyond individual humans and toward the folly of humans in general. So often, his scenes depict how humans surround themselves with garish or hyper-technological trappings. I've seen you do some of this, but it was a regular practice for Crumb.

As you point out, the similarities in subject matter are obvious. Both you and Crumb recognize the degree to which high-falutin' humans are motivated by their animal nature.

Back