Sailor's Cove: The Adventure Continues

my Sister was visiting from out of Town for a whole Week so I didnt have a chance to stop in and say Hi so Good Morning to all of you today:)

Morning Cove :rose:

I ended up working traffic control for the Veterans day parade here in our village. It was a good thing since we are short people anyway & one of my off duty PD commanders came over and worked the end of the parade area with me.

Thank You to all our veterans for their service then & now :rose:

Good Morning Everyone !
I know I shouldnt brag, but Iam fourty something today :)

Morning Cove :rose:

I ended up working traffic control for the Veterans day parade here in our village. It was a good thing since we are short people anyway & one of my off duty PD commanders came over and worked the end of the parade area with me.

Thank You to all our veterans for their service then & now :rose:

You are short people in your village. Are you pygmies?;)

maybe in years but my body says differently :(

My body is in bad shape. I've been in a wheelchair since I fell in August. Yesterday the right arm thingy came off. I've been struggling with the rollator. It's not as bad as it could be, but the pain is still there. Of course the fear is worse. As so as I'm dressed, I'm going to see if the maintenance man will come and take a look at it. I'm supposed to start out patient physical therapy next week. When the woman called me to make an appointment she didn't mention needing a referral. Hopefully my PCP will get it to them today. If Mike, the maintenance man, can't fix the chair, I'll call my in-home PT to see if he can stop by and fix it. He mentioned that he lives close to me.

I have 2 bad knees that could be replaced and DGD in my spine. I can't get knee replacement surgery because my BMI is to high. I can't exercise because of the joint problems. The pain meds either make me loopy or contributed to my falls. Yeah, getting older is a challenge.

My body is in bad shape. I've been in a wheelchair since I fell in August. Yesterday the right arm thingy came off. I've been struggling with the rollator. It's not as bad as it could be, but the pain is still there. Of course the fear is worse. As so as I'm dressed, I'm going to see if the maintenance man will come and take a look at it. I'm supposed to start out patient physical therapy next week. When the woman called me to make an appointment she didn't mention needing a referral. Hopefully my PCP will get it to them today. If Mike, the maintenance man, can't fix the chair, I'll call my in-home PT to see if he can stop by and fix it. He mentioned that he lives close to me.

I have 2 bad knees that could be replaced and DGD in my spine. I can't get knee replacement surgery because my BMI is to high. I can't exercise because of the joint problems. The pain meds either make me loopy or contributed to my falls. Yeah, getting older is a challenge.

If you need a new chair you let me know. I'll look up the number for your area to call for one. You should be able to get one for free.

I'm trying to avoid shoulder #4. My head and shoulders are fighting over my neck muscles & the herniated discs there. So it looks like I'll never have a real neck but at least I am doing better in some ways. They are keeping me on PT since it's cheaper then to cut me loose and a few months later I break or snap a new tendon then surgery.

If you need a new chair you let me know. I'll look up the number for your area to call for one. You should be able to get one for free.

I'm trying to avoid shoulder #4. My head and shoulders are fighting over my neck muscles & the herniated discs there. So it looks like I'll never have a real neck but at least I am doing better in some ways. They are keeping me on PT since it's cheaper then to cut me loose and a few months later I break or snap a new tendon then surgery.

You sound like Mrs. Potato head.

Got up late, but still got enough Time to stop in and say Good Morning to Everybody;):)

Thanks! I'll let you know if the maintenance man is able to put the arm back on. BTW, he's a former student. Having to use the rollator has forced me to walk more and that's a good thing. I think if the rehab center had had a slower model, I'd be walking now. I had my rollator at the center, but the right hand brakes didn't work. That made me a bit hesitant to use it even though I'd used it daily at home before the falls.

Thanks! I'll let you know if the maintenance man is able to put the arm back on. BTW, he's a former student. Having to use the rollator has forced me to walk more and that's a good thing. I think if the rehab center had had a slower model, I'd be walking now. I had my rollator at the center, but the right hand brakes didn't work. That made me a bit hesitant to use it even though I'd used it daily at home before the falls.

what about a rolling walker with a seat??

oh I didn't know it was called that. Can you get another one?
Would you use one??? Cause I'll see what I can dig up on programs
to get you a new one if you want me to.

I have a new rollator. My brother bought the first one when I had surgery in 2014. At the time he couldn't understand why I wanted or needed one. I knew I was going to resume my walking regime and unlike where I had lived before there wasn't a large park, so I'd be walking on sidewalks and knew I'd need to stop and rest if I got tired.

Back