proprietaria?

tomlitilia

Literotica Guru
Hi there Portuguese speaking Literoticians! I'm working on a story that involves a Brazilian girl working as a maid. In a scene, I want her to call her female employer by something in (Brazilian) Portuguese. Would "proprietaria" be appropriate? If it matter, the maid is living with the employer, taking care of kids and house. The story is about the maid increasingly dominating the employer, and I wish the "proprietaria" (or some other more appropriate word) should be indicative of how their relations ship would normally be.

Hi. In case this is still relevant, "proprietária" would be a very awkward choice. Your character should probably say "Dona Nameofemployer-both first and last name are ok, your choice) or simply "Senhora".

Thanks. I was after something more specific. But better safe than sorry. Senhora it is

Hi there Portuguese speaking Literoticians! I'm working on a story that involves a Brazilian girl working as a maid. In a scene, I want her to call her female employer by something in (Brazilian) Portuguese. Would "proprietaria" be appropriate? If it matter, the maid is living with the employer, taking care of kids and house. The story is about the maid increasingly dominating the employer, and I wish the "proprietaria" (or some other more appropriate word) should be indicative of how their relations ship would normally be.
Minha sugestão é “patroa” para mulher ou “patrão” para homem.
Espero que seja uma boa história.

Depending on the setting, it could either be Dona, as in Dona Maria, or Senhora, if this is a more posh setting.

Back in the day, you could use Sinha (short for senhora or senhorita).

The example "Dona Maria" or "Senhora Maria", would be for a married or elderly woman... In the sense of respect. But "Patroa" (Boss) is not wrong, when it comes to this woman being the one who pays the maid's salary.

It's also not wrong to say "Dona Maria, my boss (= patroa), said I was being a good employee..."

Back