Oh no... not a political story...

laffalot

Really Experienced
Joined
Sep 5, 2008
Posts
108
Okay, so I'm probably going to get some grief from the conservative members on this site, but I had to share this idea while it's fresh in my mind, so... here goes nothing.

Cassandra White is a highly educated, extremely successful, middle aged widow. To the outside world, she is a religious, family values, far right conservative with a legitimate shot at winning a Senate seat. She is a strong critic of abortion, complains about illegal immigration, and vehemently opposes equal rights laws for gays and lesbians. Like many Tea Party Republicans, Cassandra isn’t afraid to offend her opponents and accuse them of wrongdoing as a way to rile up her base.

Bur Cassandra White has a dark secret that she keeps hidden away in her multi-million dollar gated mansion. For Cassandra is a closet lesbian who keeps a handful of female illegal immigrants as sex slaves. She also has a number of very wealthy friends who know and approve of her secret sex slaves, allowing her to host exclusive fundraiser parties where the guests get to enjoy the slaves for a price.

One could take it a few steps further and have Cassandra also owning some male slaves to cater to the closeted gay men who attend her parties. You could even have a doctor who is in on it who performs abortions every time one of the slaves girls gets knocked up.
 
For some reason, political stories don't seem to rate well on the site.

Two of my stories are political. One was called 'Simon & the Senator's Wife' which was set in the 1970s, and while the number of views and scores were modest it didn't rate as well as many cougar stories do. My other political story was set in England during the 1984 Miners' Strike and it sank without trace. Other writers have said that their political works didn't rate well either.
 
I believe Laurel doesn't like political content at all, given the current US climate.
 
Yep, I doubt this story would get through moderation as described.

I don't understand that. Why would that be?

The story as described doesn't concern specific political figures (even if it did -- so what?).

I don't see anything in the submission guidelines that would prevent a story like this from being published.
 
I believe Laurel doesn't like political content at all, given the current US climate.

So would any political story be rejected at present?

For example, if an author wrote about a Jewish man being elected to the presidency for the first time and moving his family into the White House and the story was mainly about the promiscuous antics of the President's 19-year-old daughter (a Jewish-American Princess stereotype) would this be okay or not?
 
I don't understand that. Why would that be?

The story as described doesn't concern specific political figures (even if it did -- so what?).

I don't see anything in the submission guidelines that would prevent a story like this from being published.
Anecdotally, Laurel has been rejecting politically oriented stories since just before the last US election - no specific site policy, except it's her site, her rules.
 
I don't understand that. Why would that be?

The story as described doesn't concern specific political figures (even if it did -- so what?).

I don't see anything in the submission guidelines that would prevent a story like this from being published.

I can't find the posts now, but from what I recall, about a year or two back somebody posted to say that their story had been rejected for political content. IIRC the gist of it was "people are getting very angry about politics right now and we don't want stories being used for political arguments", but I won't swear to it.

I could be wrong, but I'd recommend running the idea by Laurel before putting a lot of work in. While it might not concern RL political figures, it does reference a real party, and more pointedly so than the one LupusDei mentioned.
 
Back
Top