Western Trails (closed)

He chuckled,

"For a moment thought you wanted to give me a Penny for my thoughts."

He smiled down at her,

"Then Pretty Penny you shall be."

He felt loathe to break their passionate embrace,

"So shall I join you for another brief splash in the water?"
 
She grinned as he called her Pretty Penny and she kissed him gently before he mentioned a splash in the water. Nodding, she nibbled on her bottom lip as he pulled from her body and she felt the sticky fluid flow from her. She took his hand as he stood and pulled herself from the pallet, pressing her body against his for another kiss before they made their way to the cool water.
 
It felt strange to be here under the open sky, naked as a the day he was born, walking with a lovely woman who was just as naked as he. He slowly waded into the shallow water and promptly sat down, the water reaching just under his armpits,

"Ah now this is most refreshing."

He watched her, taking in the beauty of her naked form, she truly was a wonderful woman in more ways than one. Taking her hand he pulled her over to him, letting her stradle his lap and slipping a hand to her lower back, pulled her to him, hos mouth finding her own in a slow, deep kiss as he held her tightly.
 
Penny stood on the bank of the water for a moment as John stepped in without hesitation. It was cold and she slowly started to ease into it, shivering as she noticed him watching her. Smiling at him as he pulled her into his embrace, a sigh leaving her lips as she straddled his lap.

Then he kissed her again, a slow meeting as his tongue started to dance with hers. She whimpered, her arms wrapping around him as he held her tightly against his body. She was in love. The realization hit her suddenly and she was startled enough to pull away from the kiss, looking at him with a silly little smile on her face.

“I love you, John.” She whispered, for his ears only even though they were the only living creatures in miles. “I love you.”
 
He trailed a hand through her hair, watching her face in the half-light,

"Perhaps we share a feeling then?"

He was not ready to admit to the feeling, he had known her only for a few short days, but it was mostly possible that he had found the woman who had evaded him all these years. First they had to get out of their current situation for him to explore any feeling he had for her.
 
“Well, it would be my great hope that we did.” She said softly, noticing the way that he stopped himself from saying what he wanted. It was alright, Penny decided as he trailed his hand through her hair and held her close in the cool water. “But if you needed time, I understand.”
 
He smiled gently at her,

"Just a bit of time, but I do care for you and that is a care that I believe to be similar to what love would be."

He gave her a grin, kissed her and ran a hand over her arm,

"Feels like it isn't just me who feels the chill of the water?"
 
“Well, you were the one that suggested we come down to the freezing pond for a quick dip.” Penny said, a playful expression on her features as she leaned in and kissed John one more time, sighing softly at the feel of his firm lips against hers.
 
He smiled and kissed her back, running his hands over the soft skin of her naked back,

"Then perhaps we should head back for the heat of the fire? I also think that food should warm our insides considerably."
 
“Hmmmm….are you cooking this time?” Penny teased, kissing her lover once more as she felt him start to pull her towards the edge of the pool.

She had to admit that it was extremely cold, but in his arms she didn’t seem to notice it at all. As the kiss broke, she looked up at John and smiled, a feeling of peace settling over her that she’d never felt in her life before. He made her happy, he made her feel safe, and most of all, he made her feel beautiful.
 
He chuckled,

"We never got to what you served, so I guess I can take the next round."

Helping her out of the water, he realized how much the air had cooled down, down on the desert floor it could get rather cold, but higher up it didn't get that cold as the rocks actually kept some of the heat locked in. He handed her his shirt to dry herself and dug into his saddlebags, pulling out another shirt. He slipped into his clothing and quickly fanned some life into the coals, feeding it some of the twigs and branches, building up a nice fire for them. He sat down and picked up his plate, the food was not cold yet, so he took a bite and nodded,

"Yup, you know how to cook for sure."
 
“Good. That means you’ll keep me around.” Penny said as he complimented her cooking. She laughed at the look that he gave her and she quickly dried off, slipping on his shirt once she was finished. It felt nice to be in a fresh change of clothing, even if it did leave an indecent amount of her legs exposed.

She sat next to John when she was finished, snuggling up against his side as she took her own plate back into her hands and ate her fill. Once her belly was full, she sighed and looped her arms around his waist, pulling herself tightly against him as she watched the campfire dance.

“No one’s ever made love to me quite the way that you did.” She said softly, glancing up towards his face with a smile. “I enjoyed it.”
 
He smiled at her as she snuggled up to him, setting his plate aside,

"To be honest I can't remember ever being sober when doing anything remotely like that before."

He nudged her with his shoulder,

"Was a first for me and I must admit that it was great."

He was surprised by this softer side to himself, he had never actually spent time like this with somebody else, much less a female. Never have he made any revelations towards any other person like he had made to her. He slid an arm around her and held her close to him.
 
“We must be a match made in heaven then. That was the first time I haven’t wished I was drunk when someone took me to bed.” She said, trying to make a joke and looking up at John with a smile on her face.

She sighed softly as his arm slid around her and he pressed her tightly to his side. She clung to his warm body, her cheek pressed against his shoulder as she felt her eyelids grow heavy in contentment. She yawned, rubbing her nose against the fabric of his shirt before she slowly fell into blissful sleep.
 
He chuckled at her joke,it was actually a funny remark and he appreciated her even more for it. He felt her snuggle up to him and from her breathing he knew that she had fallen asleep, waiting for them both to warm up enough, he laid her down on the bedroll, covering her up with a blanket. He made himself another cup of coffee and took a seat on a nearby rock, studying her as she lay in sleep. The hardest part of their journey would now be to find water and stay one step ahead of the posse and the natives. As he watched her sleep, he could feel that deep inside him, there was a feeling of caring, a feeling he had long ago buried as it only brought him hurt.

The night drew out and he woke up to the light grey light of dawn, he got up from his seat, he had sat on the ground and leaned against a rock. He slept well considering the time and place, using the pool to splash himself awake and to get some coffee water he started the fire.
 
The smell of coffee woke her the next morning, a yawn parting her lips as she rubbed a fist against her tired eyes. She didn’t remember falling asleep and she certainly didn’t remember going to bed. She smiled to herself at the realization that John must have done that for her while she slept.

Sitting up on her elbow, she watched John working over the fire. “What I wouldn’t give right now for a proper bed.” She joked, a smile on her lips as she watched a smile grace his own. “You think you could rustle that up for me, Mr. Denver?”
 
"Oh as a matter of fact I could,"

he turned to smile at her,

"But that will mean that you will have to stay here. I'm not building no bed for just a few hours' use."

He slid the skillet onto the fire and placed a bit of fat in it to start melting,

"Luckily you made enough bread last night, so all I have to do is get some meat going and breakfast is served."
 
“Oh, I see how you treat women that you like.” She said, a smile on her face as she pushed the blanket off her body and stood up to stretch. She sighed in contentment, moving to give him a morning kiss.

When the kiss broke, she smiled down at him and stole another before she moved to gather her clothing. “I’m going to freshen up and I’ll be right back.” She called over her shoulder as she started down for the cool pool of water.
 
He watched her as she walked away, he didn't know if it was just him, but she looked absolutely stunning dressed in just his shirt. He gathered the meat he needed and fried it while she was gone, when he was finished he re-heated the bread in the skillet and set about cleaning up the dishes.

By the time she returned he was done, of course he had stolen a few glimpses at her as she bathed and got dressed, but now with the daylight creeping up on the landscape under them, they had to move and staring at a beautiful, naked lady was one way not to get finished.
 
As Penny sat back down to a plate full of food, she smiled at John in thanks and ate her fill in record time. Her appetite was certainly growing out there on the prairie with him. It must have been the thought that there was a man that actually cared about her by her side that did it.

“How far do we have to travel today?” She asked him over breakfast, knowing that they still had a long way to go before they reached their destination. Either that, or before they had to fight their way free of a bad situation.
 
He pointed to a rise not too distant,

"I would like to be there before sunset, it may not look far, but traveling on this terrain is not as easy as on the desert floor. We will also have to be on the lookout for water, have to keep the horses fresh as much as possible. When we hit the end of this range I want them to be able to run. The law will be on my back once we cross the border."
 
She nearly choked as he mentioned the law would be on his back once they crossed the border. “Who’s going to be looking for you?” She asked, looking at him with a questioning glance.

“John, you’re a little too paranoid for your own good.” She said, laughing softly as she moved to clean her plate.
 
He looked at her,

"Actually I'm a wanted man in the next state, I did tell you about it. Quite a handsome price on my head as well. But some sort of law doesn't allow them to chase me beyond their borders."

He jabbed a thumb towards where a thin trail of smoke rose into the air on the desert land,

"Unlike them."
 
“A handsome reward, you say?” She asked, packing away her plate in his pack as she turned to look at him with her hands on her hips. “Maybe I should turn you in myself and get the money.”

She grinned at him, laughing softly at the look on his face. A quick kiss to his lips eased the sting of her statement as she moved to roll up the bedroll and get it packed away. “Hurry up, slow poke. We got miles to go.”
 
"Nah actually I enjoy watching you bending over doing all the work I usually do, makes me think about how I can abduct you again once they try to capture me."

He smirked at her and moved to saddle the horses and attach the saddlebags to the saddles, it took him mere minutes to gather and pack the remainder of the meat before helping Penny into her saddle and he swung into his own. As they rode, they stayed just under the ridgeline, making sure that their silhouettes never broke the ridgeline for more than a few moments.
 
Back
Top