Help! Story keeps getting inappropriately rejected!

Okay, I don't know why my story keeps getting rejected this is the second time and there is no reason for it. I keep getting told that they suspect its underage and I didn't think I needed to state the obvious that my characters weren't underage. So I added a couple more sentences clearly stating they weren't and again it gets rejected again! I'm getting really ticked off now! Some one please help I'm at the end of my rope and I don't want to rewrite a week's worth of writing.

Okay, I don't know why my story keeps getting rejected this is the second time and there is no reason for it. I keep getting told that they suspect its underage and I didn't think I needed to state the obvious that my characters weren't underage. So I added a couple more sentences clearly stating they weren't and again it gets rejected again! I'm getting really ticked off now! Some one please help I'm at the end of my rope and I don't want to rewrite a week's worth of writing.

Help!...was already a movie with the Beatles. Just change the title. All will pass.

First off, are the characters underage (under 18)? Or could it be thought that they are?

Second, there are two things you can do. One, send a PM to Laurel (use the link at the upper right of this page; if you don't have PMs activated, you can go to User CP, then Edit Options to activate them). Second, send me a PM, and I can provide you with an email address to send the story to, and I'll look it over to see where the problem might be, if I can find it.

And you shouldn't have to change the title.

Quite a few writers write, before the story, an introduction saying, 'all the characters in this story are over 18'. Usually in italics and that seems to help.

Under Lit's guidelines you can have under-eighteens in your story. They can have a romance, even fall in love. There are some good First Time stories that do this well. It is just absolutely not allowed to have anything of a sexual context with under-eighteens in your story.

Back