Working The Starways (Closed for Iscaa)

The party made good time. Kahn's brothers were both running back and forth keeping an eye (and a nose) out for trouble.

They reached the pyramid before sundown, but there was no obvious entry.

Kahn pointed to a wall "That's the door," he thought to Sive.

"That's the door" she repeated to Murdock.

Murdock examined the wall, he found a hidden panel, with a keypad and a DNA scanner. "Dam!" He looked over to Sive it's a shame these nanites don't change your DNA. He then looked over at Kahn, "you had some of Rattack's DNA, maybe the door will open for you.

Kahn shocks his head, "I believe all traces of Rattack's DNA is long gone and has been replaced by yours," he thought to Sive.

"Rattack's DNA has been replaced by mine."she said to Murdock remembering when Kahn wanted it only she could hear his thoughts.

Murdock scratched his arm. He had noticed it had been itching, "I'm allergic to something on this damn planet," he thought. He placed his artificial hand on the panel.

After ten minutes One light shone green, but the other stayed red. "I've cracked the code but without the DNA I can't open the door."

"Perhaps I can help," a Voice called over making everyone turn and look and Zark.

"Ooga?" {another rivel} "Ooga!" {he week! I kill him easy} Brant shouted, but Darlla squeezed his hand.

"Its ok he's our friend," She tried to explan, but Zark was looking at his scanner.

"Remarckable!" he said looking at Brant, he then looked at Darlla, "Would you allow me to watch, inter-species breeding is always fascinating."

The smile faded from Darlla, "Iv changed my mind you can Ooga him to death!"

Murdock took control, "Zark get over here." Zark obeyed his captain. "So how can you help."

Zark took a device out of his pocket swiped over the top a few times then removed a medical slide. "Its got Rattack's blood on it. A hobby of mine is collecting DNA," he said with a smile. He held the slide close and the second light went green. There was a rumble as a hidden door slowly opened.
 
It had been hard going, but Sive and Darlla kept up with the men. Darlla kept looking to the sky... seeing flying things circling in the distance.

She couldn't help mumbling, "Those things up there must be pretty huge if I am any judge....and I am." She looked at Brant for verification, he nodded agreement causing her to move a little closer to him.

Meanwhile Sive knew the flying things were a worrisome thing, but couldn't help but look around at the foliage and ground. She saw all kinds of creepy crawly things....only giant size. She swallowed hoping to get to the structure sooner rather then later. Then she saw a thing that looked half animal half insect. It had a head and body like a rat, but the legs were all ant-like. It was the size of a small dog, it looked up at her and made some snarling noise. Sive stood for a second before giving it a stout kick, sending it screaming into the brush.

All the others stopped for a moment and looked back at Sive who shrugged her shoulder and said, "It was nothing, just a typical half animal half insect thing...let's get to the pyramid for crying out loud!"

They all nodded quickening the pace. Not long afterward they came to the black structure and Sive stood to the side once Khan had showed them the door. Darlla and Brant took the opportunity of going off into the bush once again. But not before he gave Sive a look to say, (Your turn is coming soon), causing Sive to move a little closer to Murdock and the door.

Aside from the lovemaking noises coming from the bush, Sive and Murdock realized that without Rattack's DNA, they would need a bomb to get inside.

"Perhaps I can help," a voice called over making everyone including Brant and Darlla who popped their heads up over the bushes, turn and looked at Zark.

"Ooga!" Brant snarled about having another rival, causing Darlla to squeeze his hand and pull him back down to the ground.

Zark raised his eyebrows glanced at his scanner and inquired, "Would you allow me to watch, inter-species breeding is always fascinating." Sive and Murdock rolled their eyes.

Murdock growled, "Get over here Zark and open this damn door!"

As Zark worked on the door, Sive happened to glance up into the sky....one of the huge flying things was getting closer.

She screamed for Brant and Darlla to get back to the door. The thing was coming in fast....it was a dragon-like creature and was intent on grabbing one of the party and carrying it off. The door opened and everyone scrambled to get inside as fast as they possibly could.
 
Last edited:
Zark got the door to open, it wasn't hard but took a little while as the computer wanted to be sure it was Rattack.

Zark dived to the floor and rolled under the opening door. Everyone else followed suit. Only Murdock stayed outside shooting at the creature, but when it was Brants turn the door suddenly fell closed on him pinning him to the floor and trapping Murdock outside.

Brand pushed up, but the door was too heavy. "Help me Darlla shouted and she tried to help lift it.

Zark was about to object saying he was above manual labour when Kahn growled at him.

Slowly the door raised an inch, and Brant struggled through, One on Kahn's brothers rush out knocking Murdock over at the last second before the Dragon creatures got him. The was a yelp of pain, as the creature flew off its dinner clamped in its claws.

"No!" Murdock shouted as he fired again, but his gun was out of power, Kahn howled as the creature flew away.

The door slowly opened, and Murdock walked in not saying a word.

"Wheres the other wolf?" Darlla asked before realising what had happened.

Kahn and his last brother both growled before sitting down by Sive, who instinctively stroked the two wolves.

"We have got to get off this damn planet," Murdock stated before walking down a hall. The others were folowing a few paces behind.
 
Sive was totally awestruck as she watched the huge dragon-like creature approach. Everyone was trying to keep the panic level down as they watched first Zark franticly fumble at the door then the dragon as it came in closer. Finally the door slid open allowing Zark to roll under as it slowly raised. The women came in followed by the three wolves. Leaving only Brant and Murdock who was trying to shoot at the creature hoping to scare it off. Then disaster struck.

The door came down just as Brant was passing through. He ended up pinned down by the fallen door. Darlla screamed for help, Sive joined in immediately. The women didn't do much good until Zark added his muscles to their efforts. The door slowly was lifted enough to allow Biff to dart outside and Brant to crawl in. They waited while Zark worked on the door again.

When the door finally opened there was Murdock....alone. Darlla asked,

"Where's Biff?"

A silent Murdock came in while Sive petted the grief stricken wolves who had felt their brother's pain as the creature had sunk it's talons into his body. They crowded to the doorway in time to see the creature fly off with the wolf. It had all happened so fast, the humans and wolves were in shock and grief.

"We have got to get off this damn planet," Murdock stated before walking down a hall. They all followed silently when the ever practical Zark stated,

"We need some light or there will be more losses!" Murdock had by that time stopped and was adjusting his artificial hand to give them some light. Something was wrong, he was not having any luck in getting it to work. He shock his hand and tried again as the others waited patiently. Zark came over and took out his tri-corder to see what was wrong. After reading it for a full minute he finally looked up at Murdock and said,

"You can stop trying to get your hand to give some light, it's not going to happen, your hand is changing." He glanced back at Sive who was standing a few feet away. Her eyes widened and she shook her head realizing that Zark was about to tell Murdock about her nanites and that he had them in his body. She didn't want him to reveal this information now... not this way....in this god forsaken tunnel. She had wanted to tell Murdock at some better time and not in front of anyone else. She shook her head at Zark again interruping,

"Never mind, I believe the wolves have excellent night vision, let them lead the way."

Zark...never too swift as a rule, got it and shut his mouth. The wolves moved in front of the humans and slowly made their way through the darkness. Murdock still puzzled felt Sive take his arm, as he put one hand on the smooth wall. Darlla and Brant did the same followed by Zark.

After what must have been more then an hour, Murdock saw a very small pin prick of light, he stopped for a moment and told the others. The wolves had kept on moving causing the humans to quicken the pace. As they got closer to the light, Murdock cursed the fact that his gun was not going to be of any use if they came across anymore predators or Rattack's men.
 
Slowly the group approved the light, entering a new part of the giant structure. There was a choice of three routes. Murdock looked at Kahn who sift the air.

"He can't smell anything," Sive stated. Brant also sniff the air, "Ogla," he said quickly before covering his nose. Murdock could tell why. There was a foul smell coming from the tunnels ahead, the smell of death.

"Well we can't stay here," Darlla said, "Do we split up?"

Kahn growled at this suggestion, and he ran into the first passage.

"He said to let him have a look first. There are three more passages at the end of that path... the first one is a dead end." Sive reported to the party. "The second one has two paths. The left one leads to a long corridor..." After a few moments of Sive saying what Khan saw and the routes he took, Kahn suddenly came out of a different passage. "Its a huge maze." Sive stated.

"Well, we worked that out," Murdock said with a sly smile. "Ok, there are six... er seven of us. We work in pairs, Darlla you keep that cave man with you. Mark your route. Sive and the wolves will be one to a team, they and keep in touch telepathically whoever finds the way out signals the others."

Murdock took Zeek, Sive teamed with Zark, Leaving Kahn with Darlla and Brant. Zark handed out glowing rocks he had collected earlier and marked the path he took, with a scratch on the wall. Everyone else followed suit as they each took a path, hoping it wouldn't take too long to mark out the maze and find their way through.
 
As Murdock picked out who would be on each team, Sive stood to the side and hoped this would get them to the main chamber. Then she heard that Zark was to team up with her. Rolling her eyes and sighing she nodded at the doctor and said,

"Come on Zark, the sooner we explore this maze the sooner we will find the main chamber and hopefully the Rattack's treasure."

Zark handed Sive one of his glowing rocks to Sive and started to follow as she entered the tunnel to her left. It wasn't pleasant stepping along, the light from the rocks did help, but the smell they had to endure wasn't getting any better. Finally Sive closed her eyes and concentrated on getting the nanites to filter out the worst of the odor after that things got much better. She glanced back at Zark only to see that he was still being affected. She dug in her pocket and handed him a handkerchief,

"Here Zark, hold this over your nose."

He whined at her offering, "Awww what good is this little bit of material?"

Sive gave him a menacing look, "I'd say it's better then nothing, just hold it on your nose, we should be getting near the main chamber, this tunnel hasn't twisted in a while. Keep your eyes peeled for danger."

Zark nodded his head nearly dropping the handkerchief as he did.

Meanwhile Brant, Darlla and Kahn had gone down the far right tunnel. Brant didn't know what to make of the giant wolf-like creature. His planet had warm blooded animals, just not this big. The big creatures were usually reptilian. He looked at his woman and wondered if he should have taken his other woman instead of this wolf. He didn't like her being near any other male. He drew near Darlla so as he could defend her in an instant.

Darlla was having a hard time with the horrid smell. As they moved along it got stronger, until she thought she would loose her lunch. She glanced at Brant and Kahn, they didn't seem to be too bothered by it. She ripped a piece of her uniform off her sleeve and held it to her nose. (I don't know if this helps, but just holding makes me feel better.)

Kahn knew that they were drawing near to the source of the rotting flesh. The tunnel suddenly opened up into a large chamber. The three of them silently poked their heads in enough to see what could be seen. The light from their glowing rocks didn't go far, but they were able to see some huge heap of blackness and on either side some light reflected back at them. They waited for a few minutes to see if anything alive was moving around.

Kahn entered the chamber and slowly moved towards the huge stinking mass of decaying flesh. It towered over him many times. From what he could make out, it was some kind of reptile of gigantic proportions. He glanced back at the two humans waiting at the tunnel entrance. Making a soft woof he signaled to them the coast was clear.
 
Murdock had decided he had taken the wrong passage, or at least he hoped the others were having more luck. Almost every passage was a dead end. He marked another passage as he entered it. The smell was horrid, and he now had a cloth over his nose, trying to filter some of it out.

Zeek was sniffing the ground when he lifted his head, and his tail wagged once.

"What is it, boy?" Murdock asked, but Zeek returned to sniffing. "I wish you could talk like Kahn, and I'm sorry about your brother."

Zeek looked over at him, before getting close allowing Murdock to pet him. He liked this human, although he had to obey Sive and Kahn, this human was his favourite after Sive. They walked down the passage hoping to find the way out.

Darlla was giving the reptile a wide birth, It stank and giant maggots were eating away at the corps. She wondered how it had got down here. Brant was right behind her, while Kahn was sniffing around the chamber. There were ten more passageways led from this room. Darlla was starting to think they never would get out. Kahn suddenly Growled. Something was approaching.
 
Two luminescent golden eyes watched the two humans and wolf. She, known as Nefernefernefer, was one of Rattack's precious treasures. An intelligent Sphynx-like cat with the ability to talk in ten languages including the wide spread Galaxy English. She was telepathic as well. Nefer, as she was usually called had escaped her pirate captors and had been hiding in the cave ever since. She had found a way out but the dangers outside the cave was far worse then inside. Unable to eat that rotting carcass she had come across, she had no other option but to chance going outside for her food. So far she had escaped becoming some predator's small meal, but only by her cunning and swiftness.

She watched silently when suddenly the wolf growled a warning. (One of her many enhancements was the ability to hide her scent.) Out from one of the tunnels came a large ugly half snake half lizard creature. It had bizarrely pink and green colored skin, a long crocodile-like head with plenty of teeth and short stout legs that could really move it along when needed. Nefer wrinkled her delicate nose, she has seen it before when it came to feed. It didn't smell much better then the juicy maggot moving carcass.

The humans and wolf backed off as the new visitor trotted in scraping the stone floor with it's thick sharp claws. It was too intent on sniffing the rotting carcass to notice anything but it's target. Licking it's chops and drooling it moved rapidly towards the body and started to munch away on the juicy meat and huge pale squirming maggots.

Nefer took the opportunity to run between the pile of rotting flesh being devoured by the lizard/snake and some of Rattack's booty. This chamber only had a small fraction of his hoard, he had some of his surplus taken to this chamber a while back. It may not be the main treasure, but it still was impressive. There was gold and platinum coins, lots of jewels, outdated technology and even some ancient pottery from various planets. Rattack had always been game for anything that had value of some sort.

The cat only wanted to get closer to the humans without their knowing, before they went down the tunnel. She looked towards the wolf silently sending him her thoughts, (Peace brother, I am not your enemy and will not hurt you or your people. I have escaped from Rattack's men and only seek help off this monster laden planet.)

Kahn looked at the small animal for a few seconds before he nodded his great head sending, ( OK, but keep out of sight for now, come closer to me, if needed I will protect you.) With a sigh Nefer bounded forward to come only feet from the retreating wolf and his unknowing companions.
 

Attachments

  • Nefernefernefer.jpg
    Nefernefernefer.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Murdock and Zeek were exploring another corridor when they heard a scream.

Zeek took off with Murdock running behind him. He dragged the glowing stone against the wall marking the route but finding Sive and the others were suddenly the priority.

Darla's group all heard the scream. Kahn took off running jumping over the eating lizard. Darlla was about fo follow when she saw Nefer hiding in the shadows. "Wow, aren't you a cutie," she said before Nefer took off running down another tunnel.

"Ooga?" (dinner?) Brant shouted as he followed Nefer ignoring the Scream. Darlla didn't know what to do, but she decided to stick with Brant knowing there was no way she could catch Kahn.

Sive opened her eyes. It was pitch black where she was, "Zark?" she called out but got no response. She crawled along on her hands and knees moving the stones, and pebbles that littered the floor out of the way. She closed her eyes and concentrated. The nanites were changing her eyes, and when she opened them she could see, everything was glowing with a grey tint.

She was very proud of herself for thinking of that until she realised she had been crawling through a tunnel covered with hundreds of small human bones. She knew they were human because of all of the skulls on the side of the shaft. Sive screamed again, suddenly feeling terrified as she saw Zark's head on the floor in front of her.
 
Sive and Zark silently moved down their tunnel putting their marks along the wall with a chalk-like stone that Zark had found. Zark paused suddenly and shone his light to his right,

"There is a smaller side tunnel here. I will go and investigate it."

Before Sive could stop him he advanced into it and was soon gone from sight. Sive waited for what seemed along time before deciding that she better go after the doctor, mumbling angrily,

"You better be on your way back Zark or taste some of my wrath!"

She carefully proceeded along noting after awhile that the floor had begun to slope downwards slightly. She kept her hand on the wall for support not knowing how steep it was further along. As Sive cautiously stepped forward, she started to slip on some loose stones and pebbles. Before she knew what was happening she had lost her balance, feeling a sharp pain in her ankle she fell on her backside accelerating downward.

When Sive opened her eyes, she had not only lost her light source but her weapon as well. Her ankle hurt like hell, she sighed thinking she probably sprained it. She called Zark's name only to be answered by silence. Trying not to give in to the fright of being alone and in total darkness she moved around noting a lot of light kind of long stick like material along with rounder ones. Finally her hand felt the wall once more. Making herself more comfortable she closed her eyes and concentrated on enhancing her eyesight. That was top priority for now.

When Sive opened her eyes, she glanced around noting everything had a tint, she blinked a few times to adjust, that is when she saw she was surrounded by bones...human bones! She screamed backing up against the wall. With wide eyed fright she glanced from side to side when her eyes landed on one large round head amongst the much smaller skulls....it was Zark! She screamed again!

Nefer heard and saw what the human known as Sive did at the very same moment. She knew exactly where the woman was. Within seconds she was bounding for that area knowing what inhabited it. There was no time to lose, she ran on.

At the same time Kahn heard Sive's scream. He made a mighty leap over the lizard and ran out the side of the tunnel. He could sense the woman was in trouble as he ran for all he was worth, using his nose to track her.

Sive sat in the dark, trying to concentrate on sending the nanites to fix her ankle, but her fear was getting in the way. Suddenly she saw two yellow eyes in the dark, she whimpered as she tried to stand up. The eyes moved closer and she heard in her head,

"Don't be afraid ...I have come to help you. I am known as Nefernefernefer, but you can call me Nefer."

Sive leaned against the wall standing on her good leg, the creature looked very feline in form and was about the right size as well. She gave a small sigh as she relaxed a little. Wanting to know more she asked,

"I am Sive, how did you come to be here?"

Nefer cocked her head to the side,

"I will gladly answer all your questions, but the owner of this nest is coming down the tunnel as we speak, we must stand together if we are to survive!"

Sive heard some scratching noises like claws going over stone, and looked towards the sound. A huge rat-like monster was quickly moving toward the two of them. Sive franticly searched the floor of the tunnel for her weapon, while Nefer moved closer.

The creature slowed down to assess what was in front of it. The small warm blooded food would be first then the bigger one would be good for a few days. It wondered briefly where this big creature had come from. If it could find it's nest there would be food for a long time. Dully it knew nests of the small ones were disappearing. It licked it's lips as it move closer.

The little cat backed into Sive's legs making itself as big as it could while hissing and spitting. Sive bent down picking up the biggest object she could find....Zark's head.

Suddenly out of the dark, Kahn leaped onto the creature's back!
 

Attachments

  • Rat Thing..gif
    Rat Thing..gif
    71.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Murdock was struggling to keep up with Zeek, though he was surprised how fast he was running, he turned a corner to see Zeek and Kahn charge into a small shaft.

Murdock hit the wall whit his metal hand "Oh come on!" hi shouted looking at four more routes he could take, none with a mark. He scratched a wall with is stone, showing he came this was alone and started walking, knowing even if he fount the way out, he now couldn't contact the others.


Brant took his arm out of the tiny tunnel Zefer had jumped through, he had been denied a snack. Darlla just stood in the room with her mouth open, there were enough gold and jewels to buy a fleet of ships in here, and that wasn't including the nicer items. Murdock had been a good captain, but it would have taken him years to plunder so much treasure. "Big guy, I think we are rich!"

Brant wasn't listening nor did he care for the shiny rocks and metal bricks and discs, he was hungry and wanted to get back to his cave before the sun set.

Kahn was running Zeek right behind him, his mistress was in trouble, he could feel it, he felt a little bad then he and Zeek had left the others, but Sives safety was paramount. There was a creature it looked similar to a rat but was the size of a dia-Wolf, It was charging at Sive and some cat type creature that was mumbling something telepathically. Kahn jumped on the creatures back, grabbing its neck with his powerful jaws. The creature screeched in pain as its blood run down its back, but it surprised Kahn by launching itself into a wall, Kahn held on, the rat was strong! Zeek ran around it also latching on to the creatures neck. He shook violently. Sive heard a snap and suddenly the rat stopped fighting, they had broken its neck.

Both Kahn and Zeek rushed over to Sive making sure she was all right. "I'm fine, I'm fine," she said as she scratched behind Kahn's then Zeek's ears.

"I'm glad you are," Zark head suddenly said making Sive scream and drop it. "Careful ouch, help!" he shouted as his head bounced across the ground.

Sive stared at it. She had thought surprised was dead. "Don't drop me, if my brain is damaged I will die!" Zark shouted at the stunned group. Even Kahn had been surprized about the talking head. "Alos i will need to reattach to my body, else it will start to rot, and it will take weeks for the smell to fade."

Sive walked over and picked Zark up, even though Kahn had suggested to leave it, but Zefer suddenly started to shake looking around. "More are coming we have to run!"
 
Brant looked at Darlla happily babbling as she looked at the piles of shiney things. He grunted, "Oogaa", grabbed her arm and swung her over his shoulder. Taken by surprise Darlla could only blink until he started to head down the tunnel that Kahn had taken. Then she started to hit him as she yelled,

"Put me down you big lug! I am not leaving this cave without my share of that loot! Put me down!"

He barely felt her pounding on him as he continued down the tunnel. They soon came across another set of tunnels, Brant decided to follow the one with the marks on it hoping to come across one of the other humans.

Meanwhile Sive scratched both wolves as she glanced at the dead and bleeding rat thing trying to reassure her friends,

"I'm fine, I'm fine,".

"I'm glad you are," Zark head suddenly retorted making Sive scream and drop it. "Careful ouch, help!"

He shouted as his head bounced across the ground. Sive tried to keep a straight face as Zark explained his situation. She picked his head up again and looked around to see if his body was near. She watched as Kahn sniffed once and went over to a pile of rocks, she saw a hand sticking out. Kahn grabbed it and pulled. It was indeed Zark's body. With the head's directions, Sive was able to reattach Zark's head.

As he stood there with them all looking at him Nefer started to tremble sending a message straight to Sive and Kahn's minds,

"More are coming we have to run!"

They were trapped, Sive searched her mind for some solution. Seconds later she asked Zark,

"Can you make a high frequency sound.....like way above what humans and wolfs can hear? Rats have a very high sound range compared to us. Can you make one at the highest? I read somewhere that it was used as a danger signal."

Zark nodded his wobbly head and concentrated. At that moment a large pack of rats came forward squeaking with menace. The small group backed up against the wall, wolves in front. Nefer jumped up on Sive's shoulder and hissed. They kept on moving towards the group when suddenly they froze.

Less then ten seconds later they screamed in fright, turned around and ran back the way they had come. At the same time some rocks from the ceiling started to fall down onto the floor. The group let out a group sigh of relief. Sive looked up at Zark and said,

"That was too close for comfort. But you did it big guy! We better get out of here before the whole ceiling comes down on our heads!"

Sive and the rest ran along the tunnel glad that they didn't come across any rats. They could hear more rocks crashing down. When they came out of the small tunnel, the rocks had stopped falling.
Sive cried,

"Zark I think the vibrations from your sounds made the rocks fall and give those poor small humans a burial. Lets keep going and hope we come across the rest of our people."

As they traveled along, they found marks on the wall and followed them. Not long afterwards Darlla and Brant came up behind them. Now they just needed to find Murdock.

Murdock had been going along the tunnel marking the wall every once in a while when he heard loud frightened squeaking noises coming his way. Looking backwards he saw what looked like hundreds of red eyes bobbing up and down. He looked around to see if there was anywhere he could get out of the way. Seeing a small ledge he ran for it, grasped the edge and hoisted himself up and out of the way just as a seething throng of rats tore past him. There must have been hundreds of the ugly beasts.

Once they were gone, Murdock jumped down from the ledge and carefully followed them. Not fifteen minutes later he came to the end of the tunnel only to hear more squeaks. He looked out, there were predators from the sky, swooping down and taking the rats. On the ground were lizard type creatures snapping up more rats in their toothy jaws. Murdock kept out of sight, until there was no rats or predators to be seen.

Sive and the others saw a light at the end of the long tunnel. With relief they ran the last few minutes. It would be so good to get some fresh air into their lungs. As they came into the sunlight Sive saw Murdock only a few feet from the cave entrance. Looking up at him she said,

"Looks like we got lucky and survived."

He nodded his head and pointed,

"Lucky indeed, and I see it's still holding, look over there. I believe that is the tip of a ship! Let go while it's relatively safe!"

They started in the direction of the ship, hoping they wouldn't come across anymore dangerous animals. Brant decided to take a detour with his female thinking he was due for a quickly after all that danger. He took her protesting still about the loot, put her against a tree, pushed her cloths down off her hips and thrust into her hard. She stopped complaining and started moaning. Not long afterwards they rejoined the party.
 
Murdock had been lucky. He knew he could have spent the rest of his days lost in those tunnels or worse eaten by those things. He had spotted what he thought was a ship but was still being very careful. His stump was itching like crazy, and his artificial hand didn't want to fit. "Stupid Zark must have used a different compound in the glove which I am having a reaction to.

He looked back at Sive and smiled, she was now part of his crew, though as he looked at her, he realised it was more of a Zoo than a crew. A cave man, two dia wolves, a human who can change here appearance, a doctor who could re-attach his limbs, and a cat creature.

"I'm no creature," a voice suddenly echoed in his head, "I'm Neffer, pleased to meet you, Captain. Are you going to save me from this place?"

"Sure," Murdock said out loud, suddenly confused.

Sive smirked, she could do here everything Neffer said.

when they finally got to the ship, everyone huffed in displeasure. "Ooga!" (What a pile of junk, so many holes.)

"I agree honey, it's a mess, but if it still flies we can use it to find the landing platform, there should be more ships there," Darlla replied.

Murdock entered, but nothing was working, "Damn it," the sun was starting to set, "Everyone in, we sleep in hearing tonight, Kahn you take the first watch."

Kahn nodded in response, he didn't like taking orders, but it seemed wise to have one of the wolves on watch at all time, and his brother was already fighting his tiredness.

Sive and Darlla searched the ship. They found a box with three old blasters in it, some blankets and emergency food rations, which the took to the hall. Murdock had found a section with two exits, just in case trouble found them.

Zark tested the guns before handing one to Murdock, one to Sive and one to Darla, not wanting to shoot any of the amazing, interesting creatures on this planet.

The rations didn't taste nice but were better than nothing. "Ooga," (That's horrible.) Brant complained, but everyone was so tired soon they were all asleep.
 
Last edited:
Sive opened her eyes suddenly and glanced around. There was Darlla and Brant entwined with each other at the far wall. Zark was by himself a few feet from them with Zeek sleeping near his feet. She looked for Kahn, finally spotting him just outside the doorway. He looked inside and saw her, Sive nodded her head slightly wondering if she should take a turn at watching. Immediately Kahn's thought came to her,

"No, you stay there...I am a far better look out then any human. I will wake Zeek soon and he will take over. You just rest, you will be needing all your energy. There is much danger before we find a ship to take us off this planet."

She nodded her head preparing to go back to sleep when she noticed she was laying in Murdock's arms. She blinked wondering how she got in this position and should she move? Sighing slightly Sive thought better of it and relaxed, Murdock's chest was warm and comfortable. She moved slightly to get closer when she noticed the wee Nefer curled up around the back of her neck where she had fallen slightly when Sive had raised her head. She now opened her yellow eyes and blinking sleepily at Sive,

"Please go back to sleep Sive so I can get comfortable on your neck again....I'm sooo tired!"

Sive smiled as the wee cat burrowed into her neck and hair. Suddenly there was a long shriek in the night. Everyone woke up and listened. After some long and tense minutes went by no more sounds were heard. Kahn then took the opportunity to change with Zeek. They all settled down once again knowing it was only a few hours til sunrise.
 
Murdock slowly opened his eyes. The sun had just started to rise. He looked down to see Sive sleeping on his chest. He just thought he wouldn't wake her when she lifted her head. She smiled at him, and he leant forward and kissed her. She kissed him back.

He thought back to their first meeting, in a dancing club, she was supposed to be an easy score, to keep his men happy, now apart from Darlla, his crew were all dead, and he was on the run from whatever was chasing her. Now all he wanted was a ship and some supplies so that they could head for unknown space and never look back.

Kahn suddenly jumped up, "Zeek!" He shouted before there was a yelping whimper, followed by silence. Kahn growled, and Nefer whimpered, "There's something outside!" they both thought to Sive and Murdock at the same time.

Brant jumped up, dropping Darlla. He stood there listening and sniffed the air, detecting an unknown sent "ouch you big lug," Darlla shouted hitting Brant's muscular leg.

"Shush!" everyone said and thought.

Darlla pulled a grumpy face but was quiet. Murdock peered out of the ship. There was a blood stain where Zeek had apparently been standing, but he could see nothing. He knew something was there. Something had killed Zeek.
 
Last edited:
Kahn raised his head and let out a low howl of grief, causing everyone to look at him and whisper,

"Shushhhhhhh!"

He stopped and sighed, he would give the proper burial for his friend later when it was safe.

Murdock whispered,

"Get your weapons ready, I have a real bad feeling about this. Come on, but everybody stay close together, backs to backs."

He motioned them to him when they had their weapons ready. Brant looked around and picked up a large rock which could be used directly or thrown. Nefer took her postion on Sive's shoulder. They slowly moved as a unit as they left the ship entrance passing by the dark blood spot left by Zeek. Kahn kept next to Sive as he sniffed. He could smell something, but couldn't tell where the source was.

The old ship must have been there for a very long time, the trees had been able to get established only feet away from it. And some of them were full sized. The group continued to move forward looking all around themselves weapons held out.

All of a sudden a smooth and scaly appendage came from above and grabbed Sive by the arm and pulled her up into the air. Nefer leaped off Sive's shoulder and onto Kahn's back. Screaming and kicking her legs Sive turned her head upwards to see the biggest ugliest snake head you could imagine. It looked like a snake, only it had two arm-like appendages. One of which was still pulling her up and closer to the toothy maw of the thing. She had no doubt where poor Zeek had ended up. She screamed,

"Die beast!" as she pointed her weapon and started to fire into that awful mouth.

As soon as Sive screamed everyone froze in horror as she was pulled skyward. Seconds later like one unit they all raised their weapons and started firing at it, careful not to hit Sive. To their dismay, their weapons didn't seem to be doing much damage. The creature had thick skin and their weapons were running out of power.

Meanwhile as soon as Brant saw the creature, he knew what he had to do. Checking that he still had his flint axe he ran to the tree the serpent was in put the axe back into his belt and started to climb. No one noticed as they were too busy trying to shoot around the dangling Sive.

As Sive was pulled closer to the jaws of the huge serpent, she looked around to see if there was anything she could use to hit it. She saw Brant not ten yards from her, he was just getting off the trunk of the tree and crawling along the thick branch the serpent had twined it's body around, being careful not to touch the serpent. She took heart at that and reached for a nearby branch breaking it off so she could hit at the head to keep it distracted from the caveman.

Brant edged closer and put the axe between his teeth getting ready. Sive was only inches from the maw of the animal when she screamed again hitting it franticly on the nose and eye slits. It paused for a few seconds not being used to it's prey fighting back.

Everyone on the ground held their breath watching and hoping Brant would be in time to save Sive's life. Brant took the axe and raised his arm high, bringing it down with as much force as his huge body was capable of. At the last second the serpent turned it's head in time to see the man loom over it and the weapon come crashing down right into it's thick skull. It was a heavy boned skull but still was no match strength of that man's blow.

The creature's head slumped down and it's grasp on Sive loosened. Just before she started falling, Brant grabbed her wrist with one hand, holding onto the branch with his other. The serpent dropped with a heavy thud onto the ground.

Looking down Brant could see it was too far a drop so he pulled her up and positioned her onto his back. He climbed back down the tree to have everyone waiting for him with smiles. Once Sive had slid off his back, he reached out and held her arm pulling her against him. Darlla's eyes became huge and her lip curled. He reached out for Darlla pulling her to his side as well. Looking at Murdock and Zark before shouting,

"OOGGAA!" and pointed first to Darlla, then to Sive and lastly to his own chest. He stood there claiming what was his by right of life.
 
Murdock rushed over to Sive, making sure she was all right but Brant walked over pushing Murdock away, "Ooga!" (She is mine,)

Murdock didn't understand, "Ooga," but knew what Brant meant. "look I'm glad you saved her, but she isn't yours, she is mine."

Sive jumped up and shouted, "I am neither of yours I belong to me!"

"Oogga?" (but I saved you. am I now a strong mate?)

Murdock quickly backtracked, "I didn't mean you belonged to me, I meant you don't belong to him, he said as he pointed at Brant.

Brant didn't understand. He took the gesture as the man with the magic hand was telling the girl she was now his. "Ooga!" (that's right) He said as he hit his chest before he took hold of Sive's arm.

"No," Murdock shouted as he shook his hand.

"Ooga?" (What do you mean no?) "Ooga!" (I would squash you little man) Brant let go of Sives arm, and he raised his axe threatening Murdock.

Murdock responded by pointing the gun and his metal hand at Brant, "Just try it,"

"Stop it!" echoed in all their heads and Neffer jumped between them, only for Brant to kick the little cat out of the way. He raised his axe and roared, charging at Murdock.

"Stop!" Darla and Sive both shouted, but Brant didn't want to.

"Your funeral you dumb ape," Murdock thought as he pulled the trigger.

Nothing happened the gun was dead, "Only one shot?" he thought to himself, as the axe swung down, Murdock flexed his finger to fire his emergency stun but Brant's axe hit his artificial hand severing it in two.

Murdock fell backwards suddenly unarmed. Kahn Jumped at Brant trying to defend Murdock, but took a fist to the side of the head, before crashing to the floor.

"Ooga!" (now you die magic man!) Brant raised his axe high, but before he could swing it, Darla and Sive stood in his way.

"Stop please," Sive said, almost crying, Kahn and Neffer were both badly hurt, Kahn was whimpering and Neffer was silant for the first time since they had first met.

"Ooga!" (Move) Brant shouted.

"No baby you need to calm down," Darlla replied, trying to get Brant to lower his axe.

Brant wasn't in the mood to stop. He used his free hand to push his women out of the way, only for Murdock to take advantage and knee him right in the bollocks. "OOOOGGGA!" (ouch) Brant gasped. Murdock picked up a rock and smacked him around the head as hard as he could.

Brant dropped his axe and fell, blood running from the side of his head.

Murdock grabbed the axe, but before he lifted it Darlla was laying on top of Brant protecting him, and Sive was between them again. "Is this what you want captain. To kill him?"

"He started it," Murdock, started, then dropped the axe, "Sorry, he, I... Sorry," he grabbed Brant's arm and helped him up, then took a step back, "I'm sorry," he said to Brant.

Brant growled but then bowed his head. Murdock took that as an apology, but the next moment he was lying on his back the whole world spinning.

Brant had kicked him between the legs as hard as he could. "Ooooga." (apology excepted.)

Brant walked off with Darlla trying to hold his hand, but he wasn't in the mood to hold hands, or anything else with this woman now.

Sive checked on Kahn. He was severely hurt, several of his ribs had been broken, Sive tried to use her nanites on him, but it failed to heal him "I will be fine, I heal quickly. Don't know what I was thinking trying to save him." Sive smiled as she hugged Kahn, she knew he had grown quite fond of Murdock.

She then looked for Neffer while Zark tended to Murdock and wrapped Kahn's ribs.

"Is it over," she heard in her mind as she approached a small cave.

"Yes it's over Neffer you want to come out,"

Neffer slowly limped out of the hole showing how much damaged Brant had done with his kick, "I couldn't calm Brant, he was too angry, and I made Murdock hesitate so Brant had the advantage. I'm sorry I am glad they are both alright.

Sive picked up the little cat and huged him, her natates healing Neffers little body, "mmmm that feels nice thank you," Neffa thought back.

"We are going to get of this planet now," Sive said to Neffa, as she walked back to the others.
 
Both Darlla and Sive watch in wonder as the two men started to argue. Sive lifted her eyebrow and said,

"Testosterone fight....men are so ruled by their hormones."

Darlla smiled smugly before she added,

"Bet you that Brant will win!"

Sive glanced at her and rolled her eyes before turning back to the men. Things started to get serious very quickly. Nefer tried to interfere and got hurt for her trouble. The women tried to stop the men, but they weren't having any luck.

When Murdock lost his hand, Sive realized someone was going to die, she and Darlla jumped into the middle of it. It happened so fast, Kahn got hurt trying to save Murdock. In the end the women did get things under control. Once the men had calmed down enough to see straight Sive was surprised and glad to see them both make peace.

After seeing to Nefer and Kahn, Sive relaxed as she watched Zark tend to Murdock's hand. He didn't realize it yet, but the nanites in his body were regrowing his hand. In no time it would be as good as his original one.

As she watched Darlla run after Brant, she hoped they would make up soon, they needed to find the ship in order to get off this awful planet. With Nefer in her arms she walked over to Murdock and Zark followed by a slow moving Kahn. She looked down at Murdock and asked,

"You going to be OK? At his nod she added, "Good, let's give Brant and Darlla five minutes to make up then call them back. I think we need to get going. The sooner we get off this planet from Hell the better."

She sighed slightly as she leaned against a tree, remembering the awful feeling of being held in that snake thing's paws. Kahn came over and sat at her feet, feeling stronger by the minute. His injuries were soon healed. He decided he would bite the wrappings Zark had put on his ribs, they were no longer needed.

Zark had noticed a change in the Captain's damaged hand, the tissue was regenerating at a accelerated rate, he thought had to be the nanites. He decided not to mention this to Murdock. He finished wrapping the stump, making note to check it soon. He was fascinated by what was happening, and glad since the artificial hand was toast.

Meanwhile, Darlla caught up with Brant and wound her hands around his neck,

"Brant luv, your not mad at me are you? You don't want that skinny little woman...she is nothing but skin and bones. I am what you need. Come on, give me a kiss and let's make up!"
 
Brant wasn't in the mood, despite Darlla trying her hardest to cheer him up. He had lost his people, found two posable mates, but now, now he didn't want either of them. The magic man had turned them against him. He should have killed him when he had a chance.

He pushed Darlla aside and walked off. Darlla looked back to where the captain and Sive were, the looked at Brant, "Damn you," She whispered not sure what to do before she chased after Brant.

She had a working blaster, and Brant had a knowledge of this place, this was her bast chance of survival.


Kahn sniffed the air. He couldn't detect anyone snakes of giant reptiles, but staying here wasn't a good idea.

He looked over at Sive who was sitting with Murdock, "We have to go, I will go find the others." he thought but before he took a step and alarm sounded from somewhere to the north.

Murdock took Sives blaster, Before speaking. "That must be where the ships are. Kahn, find Darlla and the Caveman."

"Brant" Neffer added, before rubbing herself against Murdock's leg.

"Er... Darlla and Brant," Catch up with us as soon s you can."

Kahn wasn't sure about this plan, he had thought to find the woman and the cave man, and bring them back all heading off together, splitting up was not a good idea.

"It will be ok, just hurry," Sive said to him with a smile.

Zark had managed to build a rudimentary scanner, and it was pointing to where the alarm had sounded from.

Kahn rushed off, and the rest of the party headed out, Zark leading the way.
 
Darlla yelled at Brant as she caught up to him.

"Where the hell are you going you great big lug? We have to stick together, that is the only way we're going to survive!

He stopped and looked down at her....staring at her as she waited. His anger slowly disappeared, he sighed shaking his head. Ogga...( You little people are strange, like small children. I don't like your men, they don't know how to fight like my people...for our women!) He growled as his finished.

Darlla kept looking up at Brant, finding that she was starting to care about him, it wasn't just about survival anymore. She wanted him, needed him. Making up her mind she started talking,

"Look Brant, we ...you and me, we are a couple now. You don't need any other woman. In fact, keep away from that skinny Sive or I will find the nearest rock and bash you where it hurts the most. Do you understand? I don't want to share you with another woman, especially with that skank Sive!"

Of course he didn't, but got the emotions she was sending to him. He nodded is head grabbed her by the arm and turned back the way they had come. He stopped, there was the wolf, standing just over the ridge, waiting. With a nod of his great head, he turned and started lopping back along the trail. Brant, quickly went into a trot, hauling his woman behind. After a few minutes she started complaining he was going too fast. He stopped swung her over his shoulder and swiftly continued to follow the wolf.

Darlla wasn't comfortable, but she knew she wouldn't be able to keep up, so decided to keep quiet for now. They soon came to the place where they had departed from the others. Kahn sniffed around until he caught Sive's scent, looked back at the humans, nodded once before following the trail.

Meanwhile, Sive and Murdock followed Zark and his scanner. Sive looked back every few minutes hoping to see the others. Finally Zark put his arm out, signaling them to stop. They could hear faint voices and knew they were close to the pirate ships and their scurvy crew.

Murdock signaled for them to slowly back off. Once they were out of hearing range he whispered, " We don't have much fire power so I suggest we find a safer place and come up with some kind of plan."

Sive and Zark agreed. A short time later they found some fallen rocks and hunkered down behind them. Murdock spoke, "We'll wait here for the caveman...I mean Brant, Darlla and Kahn. While you two wait, I'll go and do some scouting. We need to know what we are up against. How many men there are and what type of ships there are. I'll be back as soon as possible."

Sive didn't really like this plan and whispered, "I think I should go, I can change into a one of the crewman and blend right in."

Murdock shook his head, "No, it's too dangerous, Zark make sure she stays here with you. That's an order!" He stood up before Sive could protest and glancing once at Zark, he quietly made his way back towards where the ships and men were located. Sive ground her teeth at Murdock's disappearing back. He was going to pay for his high handedness!
 
Murdock slipped onto the landing platform. There were over a dozen small ships, but that wasn't what peeked his interest. There was one that had just landed. Men were carrying equipment of it. These didn't look like pirates, what were they doing here.

He moved location creeping closer hiding behind some crates. That's when he saw the bodies. A dozen men, wearing pirate clothing... they had been slaughtered.

"Hurry and get the scanners online if she is here we can capture her." one of the men said, Murdock was surprised he could hear them from so far away.

"Sir, there are two life forms on the ridge line, I believe there human."

"Take Marco and Drake, bring them to me Cluff, alive."

"Yes sir," Cluff said saluting his commander.

Murdock watched, as three of the men picked up several weapons each and heading towards where Sive and Zark were. "Damn it," he whispered, He couldn't get back, without being seen.


Sive was not taking waiting well, "Who the hell does he think he is, Damn, pirate!" she thought to herself, Zark, however, was watching the platform, not wasn't watching Sive. She concentrated, changing into the large black cat. She had liked this form since the first time she had used it. Her senses were enhanced well beyond humans. She could sneak down, find out what was happening.

She could smell three humans, heading towards them, "Zark!" She tried to whisper, but only a low growl came from her throat. However it did do the trick, the noise made Zark look at his scanner, and he saw three blips heading his way. He turned to tell Sive only to be confronted by a large cat.

The cat growled again, "Easy," Zark whispered as he backed away, he then tilted his head and looked at his scanner again, "Fascinating; you can change into animals." he said forgetting about the three approaching dots.

Sive turned and ran back into the jungle. Leaving Zark thinking about the nanites and her.

"Hold it right there," Cluff ordered.

Zark swallowed and slowly turned, to see three men wearing military armour pointing colossal guns at him. "I surrender," Zark quickly said.

"Where is the other one?"

"that way," Zark replied pointing to where Sive had disapered.

Sive was not happy with Zark. He had given her up too easily. Maybe Kahn had a point. He needed biting. She was trying to make her Nanites hide her life signs, but the men were getting closer.

Before they got too close Sive jumped into the clearing snarled and charged back into the jungle, hoping they would think she was just a cat.

"Nice wild life," Marco said, as he lowered his weapon.

"If I had a smaller gun I would of shot it, it would have made an excellent trophy" Drake added, as Cluff handcuffed Zark's hands behind him.

Sive watched as the three men laughed and made jokes as Zark was taken to their leader.
 
Sive curled her lips as she silently followed the three men and Zark. They enjoyed pushing the whining alien poking fun at his rather large flappy ears. Sive couldn't really argue that point with them, they were a tad large, and she had noticed when he was emotional, the backs of them would turn different shades of color. Right now they were a pail yellow since he was afraid.

Sive made a mental note to find out what race he was from, cause it certainly wasn't human. She wished she could attack the men from above, but they had too much firepower, she knew it was highly unlikely she would get them all before being shot.

She had to get them separated somehow...but how? She looked at the men again, fear or lust? She would try lust. Instantly she changed into a very buxom blond, with only undies on. She quickly ran to a area clear of vegetation. She screamed for help and ran ....slowly hoping one of the men would take off after her. She was in luck, after arguing rapidly, the leader told the other two to stay with their captive. He then turned and ran after Sive.

After running several hundred feet while still screaming for help, Sive crouched down and turned back into the panther. She looked up and leaped up the nearest tree. Once on a large horizontal branch she waited for her prey. She watched as he lumbered towards her calling out, "Hey woman...where did you go?" Once he was beneath the branch she launched herself at him. He never saw her coming, or felt her teeth on his throat. Her body had broken his neck when she landed on him. Sive back off, looked around and jumped back into the shrubbery.

She waited to hear if anyone was coming after the leader. All was silent. Sive changed back into her human form, walked to the man's body and took his weapon. Now she was going after the other two men holding that nob of a doctor. She intending on telling him not to be such a pussy from now on and give away his own people.

In no time she could hear voices, she stopped and parted some leaves. There was the two men and Zark, in the same place she had left them. She lifted the powerful gun looking for the stun button, there was none. With a shaky hand Sive aimed at the closest man and pressed her finger on the trigger. He went down like a rock. Biting her lip she whispered, "One down and one to go!" The second man lifted his weapon and pointed it in a wide arc, not knowing where the shot had come from. Zark screamed and fell to the ground. Sive took aim and shot the man's weapon out of his hand. Then as he held onto his wounded hand, she came out of the trees stopping at the dead man

Sive was shaken inside as she acknowledged that she had killed two men. It wasn't a good feeling, after a few seconds she sighed and mentally told herself to buck up! She would think about that later on. She walked over to Zark,

"Zark are you OK?"

Zark replied, "I'm OK...they were a little rough on me, but I'm OK." while a few tears rolled down his cheeks. Still holding the gun on the second man Sive had shot she managed to get Zark's handcuffs off.

Handing them to Zark she barked, "Zark get your shit together and handcuff this man." Zark sniffed nodding his head as he first tore a strip of material off his shirt and wrapped it around the man's wound. Then he handcuffed him. Sive rolled her eyes as she waited. Once done, she brought her weapon around and pointed it at the man. She smiled and with a deadly voice asked,

"OK....I see your military....what is your mission? Talk now, cause I have a hair trigger finger, just ask your late friend!
 
Last edited:
Miguel, looked over at his fallen comrade, he had never really liked Tom, but he had been pretty handy in a firefight.

He looked back at the girl and smiled as he cradled his hand. "Well played Doctor, or is it Sive now?"

He watched her face seeing her eyes widen. He was right this was her.

"I see you will kill to survive now, good. wouldn't want this to be too easy."

Sive composed herself "Your mission," she repeated, but now she had a good idea, he wasn't military. He was a mercenary, part of a squad sent to find her. The bounty hunters had tracked her down.

The man smiled at her, "I would kill me if I were you, but then looking in a man's eyes as you pull the trigger... not so easy is it."
 
Darlla was tired of walking, tired of this stupid planet, and tired of being attacked by the wildlife. A giant spider had tried to eat her and had ensnared her in its web. Fortuntly Brant had killed it with a big rock, but it had taken time to free her, and she still felt sticky.

Kahn was trying to hurry them, but he couldn't project his thoughts into them. Sive and Murdock were the only two that he could talk to.

The wind shifted, and suddenly Kahn started growling, There were men, lots of men, with guns. He didn't know these scents but knew they weren't pirates.

Neffa suddenly ran into the clearing being chased but some large rats. She jumped into Darlla's arms, as Kahn quickly killed them.

"There in trouble, armed men!" she said, but Darlla and Brant didn't understand. "Kahn! there in trouble!" Neffa's voice was echoing in his head.

Kahn nodded and charged into the jungle.

"Where are you going?" Darlla shouted after him,"

"Ooga?" (can we eat the cat now?) Brant asked.
 
As Miguel held his hand and talked, all Sive could say to herself was, "SHIT SHIT SHIT! I worked so damn hard to stay out of these kinds of lowlife's radar! Now what am I going to do?" In a hard voice she repeated her question,

"Your mission?"

Her hands holding onto the blaster started to shake as he slowly moved towards her. She backed up as she saw him smile saying,

"I would kill me if I were you, but then looking in a man's eyes as you pull the trigger... not so easy is it?"

Sive kept stepping back until her back hit a large tree. She had nowhere else to go. Still shaking she held the gun, pointing it straight at the man.

"Don't come any closer...I mean it, I will kill you!"

He grinned at her starting to take another step, when he blinked once and crumpled to the ground. To Sive's great relief Zark stood just behind the fallen man with a chunk of wood in his hand. He had sneaked up and hit the guy on the back of the head. He stood there holding the wood looking at Sive with a wide grin on his face.

While they looked at each other in relief, Kahn came running at them at full speed. Stopping just a few feet away he thought, "Are you OK Sive? I got the feeling your were in great danger. I came as fast as I could." He looked at the fallen man, then at Zark. "Did the dorky Doc. do this?"

Sive nodded her head while reaching to fondle Kahn's ear. She was glad to see him. Glancing at Zark she said,

"Thanks Zark, that was a brave thing you did. I owe you one for this." She smiled adding, "Can you now put those hand cuffs on this piece of scum? You can see to his hand later."
 
Last edited:
Back
Top