The Isolated Blurt Thread XXXIV: Like Books & Black Lives, Albums Still Matter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feel better soon Elle. :rose:

For some reason, every time you mention your sitting on the stove, it brings to mind the story of the slowly boiling frog.

Brute kit?

It's a concept picture from a while ago. But the other day Jeep announced they are going forward with a Wagoneer truck for next year. I like the looks of the one on the picture. Not all roundy like most trucks on the market now. Plus, it's mid-sized and should fit in my garage.

I have pretty much accepted I am going to need naps most days or early nights, I am not possessed of tHe stamina my enthusiasm for
Life expects me to have , but I keep going days with out them and life is very sweet right now which helps immensely.

I am very slightly nervous I will seize up while away. I guess that's stressing me a little as I am so excited after so long so still.

I dont know when or where, why or how I'm gonna fall to bits... but if its something mega, I'll try and avoid at least standing up.

I dont/cant even book concerts that I know include standing, because I know they destroy me. And if I drugfuck myself enough I can, I should be there, cause I wont enjoy it.

Going to Ronnie Scott's last year is the first time I have been able to see live music for YEARS. They were charming and put me in lovely seats. We are going again in a few weeks. Not normal will laugh if he knows what we are seeing and remembers my taste, but I am going anyway! It's out, with a group of friends and I am excited.

Standing long time is out, sitting still is out, I am a fidgit.

I am best lying down really, or fidgeting about between positions every few minutes; so it's not very sociable to go to things like music venues even now I am well enough, and the theatre and stuff still feels out.

I knew I was in trouble when I felt jealous of a guy in a wheelchair at a pub gig. And what he did was, he floored himsel for an hour and change, but when it came up to the real band, he reclaimed his wheelchair, and as quite happy.

Well fuck me.

First business trip of the year and it is a shit one.

New Jersey :(

If that wast bad enough, it is a 10am meeting on Friday. But I have a 2pm meeting Thursday on the West coast.

Taking a 11pm flight that arrives at 5am.

Thank god for the admirals lounge and first class...

I'm rooting around looking for the foreign currency that I'm going to need which means that I have to sort through all kinds of French francs, German deutschemarks, Czech crowns, Peruvian sols, Italian lira, British pounds, Irish punts, Japanese yen, Russian rubles, Hong Kong dollars, Canadian dollars, Greek drachmas, Spanish pesatas, Swiss francs, Norwegian crowns, Bermuda dollars, Eastern Caribbean dollars, Euros, Kenyan shillings, Indian rupees, Austrian schillings and Yugoslavian dinars.

A lot of it is only useful as shrapnel since so many countries have changed their currencies.

Sometimes I wonder why I keep this shite.

:)

Ok. I'll just cook myself on it. Probably tomorrow.

Starting to feel loads better. I think I scared myself with a bad morning. I have spent almost the whole day decadently in bed and remembered how dreary this was as a regular lifestyle :).

Glad to hear it Elle!

It's a concept picture from a while ago. But the other day Jeep announced they are going forward with a Wagoneer truck for next year. I like the looks of the one on the picture. Not all roundy like most trucks on the market now. Plus, it's mid-sized and should fit in my garage.

Nice. I'll have to check it out.

I have started the slow modification of my '17 Wrangler Unlimited. Love my Jeep. Just cosmetic stuff so far but have a Gibson Dual Exhaust and a K&N Performance Air Intake on my 2017 wish list.

I prefer chopped carrots over celery in my tuna salad.

Toss in a wee bit of finely chopped dill pickle, for some tangy, bright acidity.

Plus, pickles!

tumblr_m805slvwb21qznxyoo1_500.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back