Alaska is Just 15 Minutes from Anchorage

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do, and plan on spending my vacation time checking various parts out over the next few years. Summer and winter....It's just so big with a lot of factors to consider.

Yea, that's cold...scary quick killer cold for sure.

I like the rain forest, grew up on the south end of it in WA but I want more of a winter so I'm pretty sure I'm at least headed for the southern coast or north.

And I live at the very northern fringe of the rain forest. I have a hemlock or two on my little plot of land in south Anchorage. There are but a handful of hemlocks farther north. The gnarly mountain hemlocks that are 6 feet high and hundreds of years old don't count.

More of a winter, but not freezing ass cold would be the lower Kenai Peninsula, maybe Seldovia. It's a small town with no road access. Check it out. One family over there has been rather prolific in writing and you might check out their adventures.

My cabin getaway is in the boreal forest about 2 1/2 hours north of town. Once upon a time the area was considered remote, but other than being off the grid, there's nothing remote about it. Hell, you can get a latte if you wanna drive 30 minutes. And it gets fairly chilly there in winter, moreso than Anchorage. And there's usually a pretty good snow pack. You can definitely get that remote feeling there without being remote. Plus, there's a new cell tower going in about 10 miles away to make communication easier with the outside world. I'm not fond of that development.

CRdery1UcAAwC9a.jpg:large

And I live at the very northern fringe of the rain forest. I have a hemlock or two on my little plot of land in south Anchorage. There are but a handful of hemlocks farther north. The gnarly mountain hemlocks that are 6 feet high and hundreds of years old don't count.

More of a winter, but not freezing ass cold would be the lower Kenai Peninsula, maybe Seldovia. It's a small town with no road access. Check it out. One family over there has been rather prolific in writing and you might check out their adventures.

My cabin getaway is in the boreal forest about 2 1/2 hours north of town. Once upon a time the area was considered remote, but other than being off the grid, there's nothing remote about it. Hell, you can get a latte if you wanna drive 30 minutes. And it gets fairly chilly there in winter, moreso than Anchorage. And there's usually a pretty good snow pack. You can definitely get that remote feeling there without being remote. Plus, there's a new cell tower going in about 10 miles away to make communication easier with the outside world. I'm not fond of that development.

I think Seldovia is great, plus Jakalof Bay is nearby. And oysters! BUT I always got the sense of being controlled by tides, weather or literally stuck...because reasons. I think being a Homeroid would suit him well. :)

I'm headed to the big city tomorrow, I hope the rain lets up for the big high school state champs at Dimond High, I'll be sitting on the winning side. :D

I think Seldovia is great, plus Jakalof Bay is nearby. And oysters! BUT I always got the sense of being controlled by tides, weather or literally stuck...because reasons. I think being a Homeroid would suit him well. :)

I'm headed to the big city tomorrow, I hope the rain lets up for the big high school state champs at Dimond High, I'll be sitting on the winning side. :D

Homer is a hotbed. And too many people are in your business or think they should be. There's a pile of liberals and a pile of conservatives with no middle ground.

Have a safe trip. It's supposed to rain all weekend. Bring an insolite pad to sit on in your rain gear.

tumblr_nu0fcbrAQh1qaj2cmo5_1280.jpg

Mountain Warfare Orientation Course out of Ft Wainwright, AK.

Homer is a hotbed. And too many people are in your business or think they should be. There's a pile of liberals and a pile of conservatives with no middle ground.

Have a safe trip. It's supposed to rain all weekend. Bring an insolite pad to sit on in your rain gear.

Thanks!

Weather reports say rain decreasing in the afternoon. Still, I have the stadium seats, umbrella and blankets packed.

I may end up staying the night. My night driving sucks, and it'll be rainier the closer I get to home.

Thanks!

Weather reports say rain decreasing in the afternoon. Still, I have the stadium seats, umbrella and blankets packed.

I may end up staying the night. My night driving sucks, and it'll be rainier the closer I get to home.

*wave* travel safe and enjoy the game! :)

Thanks!

AFN is in town and many places might be booked. Plan accordingly.

Gloomy is what the weather is, this morning. Just a medium gray out there.

AFN is in town and many places might be booked. Plan accordingly.

Gloomy is what the weather is, this morning. Just a medium gray out there.

What's AFN?

*wave* travel safe and enjoy the game! :)

Thanks!

At the risk of being ridiculed for being "thick as a brick" I will admit that I still don't get it.

http://forum.literotica.com/showpost.php?p=71699628&postcount=4962

Heh.

Some linemen had miles of line on the the ground, a moose got tangled up in it. Miles down the road they pulled their line up tight, and the tension was off. So they went looking for what was up. They found this moose had gotten strung up, but was still alive. They loosened it and got him back on the ground but were unable to untangle him and F&G okay'd for them to shoot it there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back