From the Stacks

Working on the first post for a new SRP I'll be starting soon and using these as inspiration for my character:

88f88dbbf402a8c91a40113478458e73.jpg


05722db6514decc61be343d95b20f32b.jpg


a4b89656dfd683738a8ffb74ecf94713.jpg


9e79fef13a41d2732faee98d06680b88.jpg

Like where your mind goes. Especially like these.
 
Working on a new character and using these as inspiration for her.


c5a631dab3f50107e3cbef833dd5ef34.jpg


df8236c33e769f417a58359d57cfa344.jpg
 
SRP Ideas

Been working on a few new ideas. Posting them here so I can keep track of them.



Pirate's Revenge

Raised at sea, Captain Jade Danvers is one of the fiercest pirates on the Seven Seas. The daughter of a disgraced captain from the Royal Navy, Jade has vowed that she will make right the wrongs done to her father, even if that means going against the very crown her father had once sworn to protect. The Royal Navy has never once come close to capturing the pirate queen as her ships easily out maneuver their own. So, it is up to a young officer, keen to make a name for himself, to go undercover with Captain Jade's crew and deliver their plans to the navy in hopes of finally capturing her.





Digging Deep

Archaeologist Danielle McKinley, Dani to her friends, is set up on a dig in Peru. While the dig is hers, she can't help but feel that she is competing with a fellow archaeologist, a rival of hers from way back in college. The two were always battling each other for top marks, the best internships, professor's favorites. If it could be a competition, the two of them made it so. Now, her rival has reappeared at her dig site, a supposed emissary of the man who is funding Dani's work. Will the old rivalry heat up again?
 
Can I please be on the beach right now. I need bright sunshine, salt breezes, and sand between my toes.

beach-couple-cute-hot-kiss-Favim.com-404036.jpg


 
In the span of a day I have lost two writing partners - one for things in his personal life and the other because he didn't like how long it took me to respond to posts. While it sucks that I've lost two threads - especially ones that were just getting started - it just means that I can devote more time to the threads that I still have. And, who knows, maybe I will resurrect my characters from those threads for something new and more exciting.


9910f6c640edbbd7aa2fbd30e2534f1f.jpg
 
Saw this photo on a few other picture threads and have absolutely fallen in love with it. The spark of mischievous joy in her eyes sparks the imagination. Started using her to develop a potential story - something centering around a young tattoo artist I think. I'll post more when I have the idea fully fleshed out.

b0c652eabb0332600a8f66f5c9721ca9.jpg
 
Boyfriend surprised me with a spur of the moment camping trip this weekend. We couldn't have asked for more beautiful weather on Saturday and Sunday and we had an absolutely amazing time. We spent our evenings by the campfire, talking about our future and what we wanted from life. And, after three years together, he finally proposed.

I cannot wait to start this next amazing chapter of our lives.

1bfebbc898448e1c9cf406b026a76c39.jpg
 
Writing has been a struggle lately. I'm not sure why, but the words seem to get stuck somewhere between my brain and my fingers and, no matter how hard I try, they never seem to make it onto the page. It's not only with my threads here, but with my own personal writing that I struggle. Some days I have to force the words to appear and, inevitably, I hate every single one of them.

So, all my dear writing partners here on LIT, I must ask your patience if it takes me awhile to post a reply. These damn words refuse to come.

200479485_85f4341b71_b.jpg
 
Here's a little something I've been working on today....


He awoke something in Maggie; tapping into her most basic instincts he brought out a wildness in her. A devil may care attitude that could only lead to trouble, but Maggie didn't mind.

She barely thought twice as he lifted the dress over her head, his heated gaze sending shivers down her spine. Goosebumps rose on her flesh as his fingertips grazed her stomach; a priest worshiping his goddess. His thumbs teased the lace of her bra, her nipples pebbling under the touch and causing her breath to catch in her throat. Hands slipping beneath the lace, cupping Maggie’s breasts before sliding around her back. Her bra was unhooked and on the floor before she could blink. His lips around her right nipple before she could draw a ragged breath.

The fire inside of her was hot enough to set a forest ablaze and he did nothing to quell the flames, only to ignite them further as a hand cupped her sex.

“You have…done this…before.” Each word a battle as she fought to catch her breath, to calm her racing heart before it beat right out of her breast.

“Once or twice.” The throaty chuckle nearly sent her over the edge. She squirmed against him, her core aching for more. His eyes sought hers, questioning.

“Are you sure you want to do this?” He asked. Even if she had wanted to stop, it was far too late now. Maggie was hooked. Like an addict seeking her next fix, Maggie had to have more of James. She had to have all of him. Her body craved his touch, begged for it even.

“Yes.” She whispered, leaning in and capturing his lips in a kiss that mirrored the heat building inside of her.



a99b5796e2b0b7bf92cac38ab08aa059.gif


 

Inspiration for either a new story or RP. Haven't decided yet. Either way I love this image.

cb31762fa826755c2a4997b50fff6145.jpg
 
A little something I worked on in the wee hours of the morning inspired by the picture in my post above.


“Are you sure you want to do this?”

A silver pen lay across the paper, waiting to be used. All it would take was a slight movement on her part; a quick flourish and it would be done. Could she really do it though? Could she really sign away her life this way?

The man seated across the table eyed her, taking in her doll-like features with a knowing look. He was aware what this would cost her, but it wasn’t his job to talk her out of it. Only to make sure she knew what she was getting into.

And she did know. She knew beyond a shadow of a doubt what she would be giving up. It was what she would get in return that was making this whole thing worth the cost.

One signature was all it would take to save her family from ruin. One signature and she could give them the life they had always dreamed of. No one would have to know what it was that she had done for them. If they had known they would have tried to stop her and she couldn’t let them do that. Someone needed to step up for the family and it was going to be her.

Reaching out she gripped the pen with trembling fingers. Resigned but frightened she pulled the contract towards her.

“Everything I asked for is in here, right?” Her melodic voice quivered as she looked at the man who nodded.

“Yes. Everything’s there.”

She bit her lip, the man’s gaze tracking the quirk, his eyes lingering on her cupid’s bow mouth longer than was professional. Blinking back the tears that burned behind her eyes, she pressed the tip of the pen against the page. A dot of blue ink swelling out from the metal point.

“You can still back out you know. Nobody will be the wiser.” The man, with his fingers steepled beneath his chin and his unwavering attention belied his blithe demeanor. He wouldn’t say it, but he wanted her to sign. If she didn’t he’d never get his pay day.

The air in the room was stifling, pressing in around her - a weight settling on her chest. Taking in a deep breath she fought the rising panic.

There was no backing out now.

Eyes pressed tightly shut she gripped the pen and moved it quickly across the page. When she opened her eyes her signature stared back at her, a bright blue flourish across the ivory paper. Her fate sealed.





He waited until the young woman left his office, leaving behind the faint scent of vanilla and jasmine, before picking up his phone.

“Tell him I just added another to tomorrow night’s festivities.” He said, watching the door, still picturing the way the dress had clung to her curves. She was a delicious morsel, a petite thing that looked more like a porcelain doll than a real girl. “She’ll fetch the highest bid of the night, I have no doubt.” He added, wondering who would have the pleasure of breaking such a toy.

Hanging up he picked up the contract. Such a feminine signature with all those loops and swirls. He almost wished he could bid on her himself. If only it weren’t against the rules. He had half hoped she’d back out of signing, then he could have made her another offer. One that would have been beneficial for himself. But she had come into his office with her head high and resolve in those brilliant blue eyes.

Filing away the contract he sat back in his chair, spinning around to look out over the city spread out before him. Tomorrow night would prove to be quite interesting. He only hoped that she proved to be as valuable as he thought she’d be.
 
Back
Top