Federal Homecoming (closed)

"Get rid of them. I really want to talk with you. We... I mean I need to clear the air with you."

He hesitated, waiting for her response. He wanted to make up with her. He hoped she was willing to accept it.
 
Once in the room she looked around at the team.

Hey guys go grab some lunch I am gonna rest for a bit and don't need you all hovering.

Some of the team started to protest as they had ordered food up for everyone from the cafeteria but Rosen and Grey stepped in.

We can just come down there and eat and save their kitchen crew a trip.

They all nodded and left.
 
Jaxon helped Loren out of the wheelchair and into the bed. He knew she hated it here. Hopefully, she would be able to get out in the next 24 hours.

Pulling the chair over next to the bed, Jaxon took Loren's hand. "I know I acted like an ass when you showed up. I know I was wrong. It is hard for me to admit that. You know me."

He paused for a minute.

"seeing you churned up memories. Memories that I had repressed. Memories of you. I realized how much I missed you. I also realized how proud I was of you. Crazy way of showing it, huh?"
 
Just a little.

She sighed finally settled onto the bed

I always pictured if work ever brought me here it would be you me and Bill handling things with my team. Grey was right... When you turned on me like that and I had to become solely federal I didn't know who to be here. The home town cop with a little more power, the fed with a case to take care of or both or none of it.

The guy we just took down has been doing things to the people we love in some revenge against us taking his true target away. Yes he is a cold blooded killer but the kills he had been making before us was human traffickers and at times their families.

She shook her head.
 
"Loren, I have said I was sorry. I have said I was wrong. I understand if that is not enough for you, but it is all I have. I won't bother you anymore, if that is what you want, but I had to tell you how I felt."

He stood up beside her bed. He contemplated just walking out of the room, but hesitated to see what her response would be. He was prepared for the worst.
 
I accept your apology Jaxon just trying to get all this out okay.

She sighed fairly sure he didn't care as much as he thought he did.

I will be the one gone in a few days max. Then everything can go back to normal for you. I will even leave Bill a note explaining that my coming back in a work capacity is wrong and will never happen again. Maybe a time off visit but that's it from time to time.

She looked into his eyes and tried to smile.

Maybe my staying away is best for everyone.
 
"No, that isn't it at all. You should come back here in any capacity... work or time off visit. I handled it wrong. you know why I handled it wrong? Because I realized how much I missed you...... how much I love you."

He shook his head. Some things never changed. He turned and headed out the door. Sitting with the Chief might do him some good.
 
Wait what?

She thought she heard words from him she had not heard in yrs. Luckily Delores was blocking his exit.

Go talk to her without your damn ego boy before I get mad. You two love each other admit it kiss and let me c heck on my patient
 
He turned around and looked at Loren; not daring to try to pass Delores.

"Yes, you heard me right. I miss you. I love you. I never stopped loving you. Just because you took the job with the feds doesn't mean my feelings for you changed."

He moved back over beside the bed and took Loren's hand in his again.
 
And what you think just because I became a Fed mine did? What would my feelings change?

She held his hand.

And I see you over there Delores I want out of here now.

48 hour observation means 48 hour observation so get comfortable child.

Rosen was nearby out in the hall and he leaned towards Delores as she walked away.

I thought it was just 24 hour.

Delores just smiled and walked away.
 
"No, I didn't think your feelings would change because of the new position you took. I know you are busy. I know that your work takes you all over the country. I guess I just did not know how to tell you that I still loved you."

He smiled at Delores. She sure was a piece-of-work.

"There is no use fighting with her. It is a useless cause. You might as well just relax and make the best of it."

He picked up her hand and brought it to his lips.
 
Fine 48 hours it is.

She grumbled but pulled him closer.

Curl up here with me she won't say a damn thing about it. My team may tease that I can actually feel anything but I can deal with them
 
Jaxon curled up into the bed with Loren. It felt good to be close to her.

"She wouldn't dare say a word to me about it. Hell, she was hoping I would."

Jaxon kissed Loren lightly on the lips. It brought back incredible memories; her lips were just as soft as he remembered them.

He rested his head on her pillow and looked into her eyes.
 
I don't know how we do this. Me there and you here.

She sighed curling up against him hissing at one of the monitors pulling loose and sounding the alarm. Delores just laughed.

We don't need that one for now just when you sleep tonight... Alone.
 
"maybe we can find a way, if we both want it bad enough"

He laughed at Delores' comment.

"Yes, Delores, we will all be sleeping in our own beds tonight."
 
What I want is to be out of here...

She pouted snuggling close clearly growing sleepy. Delores started to step up to shook him away as the Dr and Rosen stopped her.

Give them a little time. Don't you haven't herd patients.

The Dr chuckled.
 
"What if I can get you out of here? What if I can get the doctor to release you, but you have to stay in bed at my house. You can have your choice of bedrooms; they are all empty."

He kissed her forehead.

"I think I can get the doctor to agree to it, if you agree to stay for a couple extra days to recuperate."
 
I have to go turn in my report to the federal judge via the mayor's office but yeah... You know I hate hospitals.

She curled there with him eyes closed feeling comfortable and tired
 
Jaxon looked at Loren for a little before asking Delores to get the doctor.

"When she wakes up, I am going to take her to my house. She will get more rest there than here, because she won't constantly be trying to figure out ways to get out."

The doctor agreed and a few minutes later, Delores brought the paperwork, with a smile on her face.

After Loren woke up, Jaxon helped her out of bed and into a wheelchair. "You have to go out the front door in the wheelchair. Hospital policy. Once through the front door, you can walk on your own." He smiled at her and kissed the top of her head.
 
Rosen looked over.

The team will be at the farm house unless we get called back. I will make your excuses to the deputy director of that happens. Now go rest.

She nodded.

Keep an eye on them.for me.

She gestured down the hall to the chiefs room
 
He wheeled her to the elevator. As they rode down, he laid his hand on her shoulder and squeezed lightly.

Once through the front exit, Jaxon paused for a second. Instead of letting Loren get up, he wheeled her to his patrol car.

"You will have plenty of other opportunities to walk around."

Once they were to his house, he put his arm around her and helped Loren into the house.

"would you like to sit on the sofa for a little while?"
 
She nodded.

Yeah maybe a beer if you have any... Look who I am talking too.

She laughed and sat down.
 
"Still the same smart ass"

He made sure she was okay sitting down on the sofa, and went to the kitchen. He took two bottles of beer out of the refrigerator and walked back into the living room. Jaxon handed Loren a bottle and clinked his against hers.

"To being sprung from that prison known as a hospital."

He winked at her and took a big drink.
 
Exactly.

She smiled and took a long drink from the beer.

So what do you think of the team?
 
"I think they would do anything for you. They have your back 100%."

He stopped and took a drink from his beer. He placed his hand on her knee and looked at her; contemplating whether or not to finish his statement. He decided he had to be open with Loren.

"I am just not convinced of the quality of the back-up they provide. They need to be more in tune with you."
 
Back
Top