Dream Poetry Challenge

As I pm'd the poet, I wish I had written number 5:

http://forum.literotica.com/showpost.php?p=81005172&postcount=15

Treating a serious subject such the Spanish Civil War with the whimsical image of Pablo Casals bowling reminded me how strange dreams can be.

I'm not sure if the poet intended it, but the image of Franco's "mailed fist" was powerful for me. I began thinking about an archaic meaning of mail, i.e., the chained armor of warriors in the past. When combined with being "vexed" with current presidential politics, the association, I thought, was very effective.

I thought the choice of "vapors of my waking world..." was rich. I'd be curious to know why the poet chose to end the poem that way.

#6 is difficult to read on a tablet because of the arrangement. I'll have to tackle it on my desktop later.

1: the roiling pantoum is great but somehow the words didn't roll with it, and the typo of 'to' on line 2 , stanza 3 threw me. I suspect UYS or GM but don't think they would make that mistake so I won't guess.

5: the art theme and style lead me to suspect legerdemer or AH

6: playful and fun,although I found the structure streeeeeetched a bit faaarrr - Guilty Pleasure or Cali????

7: Tod ???

rest NOC (not a clue)

Last edited:
As usual, I am impressed by the differences in approach this theme from narrative to NCIS, structured forms to concrete to free form.

Here are the Poets

#1 UnderYourSpell
#2 UnderYourSpell
#3 UnderYourSpell
#4 Piscator
#5 AlwaysHungry
#6 greenmountaineer
#7 pelegrino

#4 First of all I thought Todski but now I'm leaning towards greenmountaineer.
Ooops list is on page 2 so now going for greenmountaineer!
#5 Pelegrino?

Last edited:
As I pm'd the poet, I wish I had written number 5:

http://forum.literotica.com/showpost.php?p=81005172&postcount=15

Treating a serious subject such the Spanish Civil War with the whimsical image of Pablo Casals bowling reminded me how strange dreams can be.

I'm not sure if the poet intended it, but the image of Franco's "mailed fist" was powerful for me. I began thinking about an archaic meaning of mail, i.e., the chained armor of warriors in the past. When combined with being "vexed" with current presidential politics, the association, I thought, was very effective.

I thought the choice of "vapors of my waking world..." was rich. I'd be curious to know why the poet chose to end the poem that way.

I used "mailed fist" because fascism has a kinship with feudalism, and often invokes the romantic imagery of that period in its propaganda.

The choice of "vapors" was simply me trying to describe what it is like to attempt to recall the details of dreams, which usually evaporate within minutes of waking for me.

I was hoping to get a poem in for this challenge, but think I discovered it too late. Loved the theme. Some wonderful poems to read! I'll try for the next one . . .

I used "mailed fist" because fascism has a kinship with feudalism, and often invokes the romantic imagery of that period in its propaganda.

The choice of "vapors" was simply me trying to describe what it is like to attempt to recall the details of dreams, which usually evaporate within minutes of waking for me.

Oh have you owned up so soon?

Well late to the party

(And still behind an edit)

I'm not a southpaw....

I'm swinging hammers left handed
playing tunes of saw dust plumes
in midnight
under false stars

cobwebs spread malignancy over hope
that real light will touch the ruins
i see beyond the scope
next to the precipice...