Officials Attempt to Stop Wounded Warriors from Surfing on Veteran’s Day- Over Facebo

Busybody

We are ALL BUSYBODY!
Joined
Jan 23, 2011
Posts
55,323
Officials Attempt to Stop Wounded Warriors from Surfing on Veteran’s Day- Over Facebook Post




San Diego, CA– As America celebrated its veterans this past Tuesday, officials in Solana Beach were busy harassing Wounded Warriors, reportedly because they had posted the event on Facebook and had not obtained a permit.

The 25 volunteers and the veterans were told to pack up their American flags and leave the beach, Joel Tudor told Fox5.

The Veteran’s Day event was organized by Operation Amped, a non-profit that aims to “share the ‘stoke’ of the surfing community and the healing potential of surfing with seriously ill, injured, or disabled U.S. military veterans and their families.”



The group had posted the details on Facebook, as well as the schedule which included a beach clean up (sounds oh-so criminal!).
0000002-300x220.jpg


We want to invite you to join the Travis Manion Foundation on Tuesday, November 11th (Veterans Day) as we honor our nation’s veterans and fallen service members by serving the San Diego Community in their honor. The TMF Southern California Veterans Day “Day of Service” will include a beach cleanup and memorial paddle-out in conjunction with Operation Amped and San Diego Coast Keepers. Following the memorial paddle-out, TMF staff and volunteers will serve lunch to all veterans and participants in attendance.

Event Details:
Date: Veterans Day – Tuesday, November 11th
Schedule of Events:
8:30-10am – Beach clean up
10-10:30am – Memorial Paddle Out
10:30-12pm – Surfing / beach fun
12-1:30pm – BBQ
Location: Cardiff State Beach – Seaside Reef Parking Lot, S. Coast Highway 101, Solana Beach, CA 92075

During the event Joel Tudor, a respected professional surfer, took to Instagram to vent about a state park official who had arrived to shut down the gathering due to these wounded warriors not having a permit. Note the prosthetic leg standing between the official and the event organizer.
 
What part of Illegal is confusing you? The law is the law? The duty is to uphold the law.

I blame Obama.
 
Back
Top