30 in 30 Companion Thread

Rob Thomas refuses to get out of my head today, so he got a line in a poem out of it. And, for some reason, I decided to do a Fibonacci poem with it. I'd like to blame the eight syllable song lyric, but that was more of a happy accident than a reason.

Borrow a Song Lyric Poem
Fibonacci Poem

Thanks Calli. Lucinda is a powerful woman, isn't she? :)

And now only 23 to go.

She is. I was introduced to her years and years ago when she was touring with Patty Griffin, who I already loved and wanted to see. Great show. :)

Callie, I really like your Rictometer (is that it?), especially "the quiet chaos of craving.". :)

Callie, I really like your Rictometer (is that it?), especially "the quiet chaos of craving.". :)

Very close, just one letter off: Rictameter.

And, thank you. It's interesting what the mind conjures when trying to make a line fit. I've been having fun wrestling with syllables. :)

I meant to post in here earlier, then got sidetracked. Your poem today was lovely and touching. :rose:

Also wanted to say:

GP, I really liked yours today. It was evocative and set the scene quite nicely.

Trix, I like what you're doing with your book titles.

Remec, I'll never understand why they gave a bow and arrow to a baby. What the hell were they thinking?

Arrgh...messed up again...I was completely under the weather overnight on Sat...up several times...tempted to call in work last night...but I want to Walmart and got their Ny/Dayquil knockoffs, doped myself up, and crashed

Only, I reset my alarm for am instead of pm, so instead of having a good 15-20 min to come up with something for 30in30, I woke up, like 10 min after I should have been at work (and that only because I happened to open my eyes while rolling over in bed and caught sight of the clock)

*sigh*
Oh, well, kicking off a new try...
This showed up in my email. Technology.

Very close, just one letter off: Rictameter.

And, thank you. It's interesting what the mind conjures when trying to make a line fit. I've been having fun wrestling with syllables. :)

I meant to post in here earlier, then got sidetracked. Your poem today was lovely and touching. :rose:

Also wanted to say:

GP, I really liked yours today. It was evocative and set the scene quite nicely.

Trix, I like what you're doing with your book titles.

Remec, I'll never understand why they gave a bow and arrow to a baby. What the hell were they thinking?

Thanks, calli. :heart: I'll try a Rictameter next I think. :)

I have to say I'm digging what Trix is coming up with, makes me wish my own bookshelf was somewhere near the computer. hehehe Maybe I'll go write down some titles for later in the week.

:cool:

Back