The Last Thing You Thought...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh you! *blushes*

Thanks, Thyri. It's been worrisome since May when I kept passing out and having horrid dizzy spells. I'm pretty sure I know what caused it but I'm going to check back with the doc when I see her later this month to be sure. Not taking certain medication was probably the cause. Not on purpose, mind you but it got lost and I didn't notice it missing for several days. Still, with the heart disease in the family, we needed to be sure.

Yeah, medicine can mess you up pretty bad, either by not taking what you should, or taking some that you shouldn't. I was put in the hospital with pancreatitis by taking a medicine prescribed by my GI doctor for the ulcerative colitis. Turns out damaging the pancreas was one of it's known side effect. He neglected to mention that to me, however.

Yeah, medicine can mess you up pretty bad, either by not taking what you should, or taking some that you shouldn't. I was put in the hospital with pancreatitis by taking a medicine prescribed by my GI doctor for the ulcerative colitis. Turns out damaging the pancreas was one of it's known side effect. He neglected to mention that to me, however.

Oy, fuck a duck. That's no good.

Yeah I was able to eliminate all of my diabetes meds from my list. I knew I would be able too, to be honest I don't think I ever had it in the first place, my diet just had some really bad imbalances that I fixed. Once the meds took my sugar down it has stayed down.

Oy, fuck a duck. That's no good.

Yeah I was able to eliminate all of my diabetes meds from my list. I knew I would be able too, to be honest I don't think I ever had it in the first place, my diet just had some really bad imbalances that I fixed. Once the meds took my sugar down it has stayed down.

Yes. And I'm ever so proud of you for getting it under control the way you have. :kiss:

Yes. And I'm ever so proud of you for getting it under control the way you have. :kiss:

:kiss:

Didn't really have much a choice in the matter. You know how bad off I was when it started. I was kind of sitting with a foot in the grave. But I have to say I kicked ass, but a lot of that was due to your encouragement darlin. :heart:

Yay! Such good news!

Thanks, SB. Sure is and a load off my mind!

:kiss:

Didn't really have much a choice in the matter. You know how bad off I was when it started. I was kind of sitting with a foot in the grave. But I have to say I kicked ass, but a lot of that was due to your encouragement darlin. :heart:

No you damn well didn't. I wasn't about to lose you after finding you, damnit and you kicked its ass royally, Papa Bear.

Yay! The cherry on top. :)

It is. I haven't been able to exercise or do anything that would make me exert my heart since May. It's been driving me nuts to be so damn sedentary. By the same token, I'm groaning at how I've lost some muscle toning because of it and it's going to be a bit of a bitch getting back into shape again.

It is. I haven't been able to exercise or do anything that would make me exert my heart since May. It's been driving me nuts to be so damn sedentary. By the same token, I'm groaning at how I've lost some muscle toning because of it and it's going to be a bit of a bitch getting back into shape again.

Ugh, yeah that will be the tough part, but muscles have memory, so they should tone up fairly quickly. It'll be hardest the first 10 days as you get back into the routine.

I've always hated to exercise, but for my mental and physical health I've had to force myself to get off my ass. My job has become increasingly stressful over the last year and half, so it helps there too.

Ugh, yeah that will be the tough part, but muscles have memory, so they should tone up fairly quickly. It'll be hardest the first 10 days as you get back into the routine.

I've always hated to exercise, but for my mental and physical health I've had to force myself to get off my ass. My job has become increasingly stressful over the last year and half, so it helps there too.

Me too. I've always hated "structured" exercise. I'm a country girl. I'm use to hauling fifty pound bags of chicken feed around or wrestling with hay bales, doing gardening work, stacking firewood, that sort of exercise. But as the farm dwindled down from a farm into a simple homestead, I haven't had to do as much of that stuff. Blowing out my knee curtailed a lot too. Then the diabetes came along (long family history of it) and I had to do something more structured. I figured the first two weeks back is going to kill me but well worth it. I'll just remember what it felt like when I couldn't do it. *grin* I'm never be bitching about that again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back