Ropework photos

Homburg said:
You'll note that I talked about this to Papa Shanks first. The fact that it would please your aesthetic as well is an added bonus. Overall, it is just me taking inspiration from whatever source moves me. Shanks' meme has infected me, in this case.

Though if I somehow manage to land some cute little gothling, I'll look for you to do an artistic consult :D

(Now the hotness would be a combined scene where I do the tying and turn the helplessly trussed victim over to one of the lovely Dommes in the area. Hawt.)

Note: If someone does have some tie that they like and want to see, I will consider it. Send me a PM. Even better, send me a rope bunny and a PM :D
Now, why did you have to go and burst my bubble?
 
DeservingBitch said:
Hey - I'm not your bitch! Quit playing your little sadist game with me. Or else.

Wait, I'm confused. If you were my Bitch, wouldn't you be playing sadist games with me? The name, it's confusing me :confused:

Besides, you started it. Nyer. :D

(And I'm happy to get requests from you. You know how much I enjoy your taste. Taste as in aesthetic. I have no idea how you taste. This is coming out all wrong... =P )
 
Homburg said:
Wait, I'm confused. If you were my Bitch, wouldn't you be playing sadist games with me? The name, it's confusing me :confused:

Besides, you started it. Nyer. :D

(And I'm happy to get requests from you. You know how much I enjoy your taste. Taste as in aesthetic. I have no idea how you taste. This is coming out all wrong... =P )

LOL. That last part read exactly like one of my friends' drunken emails (he's a regular of the typing-while-drunk offense).

And I said bitch-small-b, not Bitch-capitalized-B. Duh. Haven't you learn anything from BDSM chatting rooms?

Although... now i'm starting to see an interesting scene in my head, involving self-bondage (you), a cute goth thing, and me...

ETA: as for how i taste, according to my own standards and others' comments: spicy.
 
DeservingBitch said:
LOL. That last part read exactly like one of my friends' drunken emails (he's a regular of the typing-while-drunk offense).

Wasn't drunk. Half-asleep, yes, but sober.

And I said bitch-small-b, not Bitch-capitalized-B. Duh. Haven't you learn anything from BDSM chatting rooms?

I don't visit BDSM chat rooms. And I would never make an intentional mistake for humourous intent. Never!

Although... now i'm starting to see an interesting scene in my head, involving self-bondage (you), a cute goth thing, and me...

I don't do self-bondage. I'm not flexible enough for my own standards.

Yes, I have standards...


And I like spicy. :devil:
 
Homburg said:
I don't do self-bondage. I'm not flexible enough for my own standards.

Yes, I have standards...


And I like spicy. :devil:
OK OK, be that way. Pffffff. Me and my imaginary cute goth thing won't do a scene with you then.
 
DeservingBitch said:
OK OK, be that way. Pffffff. Me and my imaginary cute goth thing won't do a scene with you then.

Now I'm jealous, shit.

Seriously though, between my musculature and ROM, I would be a shitty rope bottom. It would be impossible for me to tie myself in any worthwhile way. Now, if you want me to truss your imaginary goth playtoy up like a Christmas goose, that works. I'm happy to be an enabler, especially when we're talkig imaginary gothlings.

I'll even hand you the clothespins :D
 
A number of people read this thread and get inspired to do ropework themselves, or try to convince their SO to do ropework. Man, I'm all about that. One of the biggest reasons I posted this thread was to spur interest in this, my favourite BDSM-related activity.

That said, safety is a HUGE concern of mine, and any other conscientious top out there. And while it is not my responsibility to talk safety (nor is it something that you are necessarily interested in), it needs to be addressed.

Ropework may no tbe as dangerous as cutting or fire, but you can still maim or kill your bottom with rope. And, no, I'm not talking only about failed suspensions or restricting airways. There's all sorts of harm that can be done if you do not know what you're doing. I do not, however, have the time or inclination to fill you in on everything out there that you can fuck up with irresponsible rope use though.

What I will do is repost something I wrote in response to a question from someone with shoulder issues. She asked why ropework was a bad idea due to her shoulder problems. This presents a small taste of what a good Rigger should be aware of and worrying about when tying someone.

(This post appears elsewhere on this board, and was posted publically by me. So there should be no issues with me reposting her ein my thread. MIS, i fyou have a problem with it, holler, and I'll pull it.)

--

myinnershlut said:
3- i got the ok from my doctor to dance and workout, im sure a little rope wouldnt be a problem (please)

Did you ask him about immobilisation? Constant torsion? Blood flow restriction? Temporary nerve impingement?

revelation... as opposed to trying to convince you it IS ok, when you seem to know what you are talking about, can you please tell me why i shouldnt be doing ropework with my shoulder?

See above.

A core issue in ropework is the idea of stress positions. The short version is that some positions are more stressful than other, and this is usually what is being talked about when a rope bottom talks about a tie being comfortable, strenuous, etc. A comfortable tie is a low-stress position, whereas a strenuous tie is a high-stress position, or just a stress position, with no reference being given to low-stress ties.

Basically ropework that involves the arms will immobilise the shoulder. If the shoulder is injured, ANY position can be a stress position, and immobilising the shoulder prevents you from repositioning should that position become stressful. In your case, you've got existing nerve issues (impingement or subluxation or whatever), thus nerve pressure becomes a HUGE concern. It's also twitchy because nerve issues don't always give you warning. Blood flow is easier. Hands get cold, skin gets red, there are signs. With nerve trouble, they can slowly go numb, lose strength, or be fine up until they start hurting like crazy for no apparent reason.

Now, if you have issues in the rotator cuff, it gets even more exciting. The muscles that make up the rotator cuff are these teeny little things, and they operate in the most complex joint in the human body. If you have existing issues in the rotator cuff, things can get exciting quickly. Certain positions can feel fine until something tears, then nothing feels good any more and your Top is scrambling to get the shears in play.

The point is that certain health issues complicate things when you are dealing with rope. Rope takes time, and you will be in one basic position for quite a while. You have to be able to hold that position. And if you have an issue that may require you to be freed right the hell now, I get to take shears to my happy rope. If you're talking hand-conditioned imported Japanese hemp, that HURTS. In my case, I use nylon, so whatever, but I still don't want to butcher the stuff (though I'll cut through any rope, no matter how expensive, if my bottom is in trouble, no contest between cost of rope and health of my rope bunny).

Many of these issues exist in any kind of bondage. You can get messed up with leather cuffs and arm binders and such. The difference between this sort of bondage and rope is manifold.

1) Leather cuffs and arm binders and such are much faster to put on and take off, so you will be in the stress position for a bit less time, and can be released far easier.

2) Arm-binders and their ilk tend to restrict only in very limited ways. You can only cause but so many problems with the restriction they're capable of.

3) Any old jackass can buy arm-binders and slap em on, and the only investment is money. If you are going to take the time to learn how to do ropework correctly, you are also (hopefully) going to learn how to protect your bottom.

And we haven't even gotten into circulatory issues. Any time anyone has low blood pressure, poor circulation, is on meds to slow down their heart rate, etc, precautions have to be taken.

Does that help explain why I would have concerns?


EDIT: Please note that lower body and torso work would be perfectly fine. Stuff that puts stress on the shoulder would not. You could be tied, but certain ties are a no-go.

--

As I said in the post, this is only dealing sith shoulder issues. It doesn't touch on circulatory concerns, other joint issues, breathing difficulties, or such fun and lethal stuff as Harness Hang Syndrome. Yes, lethal.

Don't just grab rope and go. Do some research first on how not to harm/maim/kill your lovely rope bunny. Seriously.

I mean it. Research. Learn. Get instruction.
 
no problem at all. i am very happy to have sombody to learn from as knowledgable on the subject as you.
 
myinnerslut said:
no problem at all. i am very happy to have sombody to learn from as knowledgable on the subject as you.

Ahem, knowledgable. Err, dammit.

*grumbles*
 
Homburg said:
Seriously though, between my musculature and ROM, I would be a shitty rope bottom.

That's what this one said.

Here he is zoning happily away in my living room three years ago or so.
 

Attachments

  • hogtiebw.jpg
    hogtiebw.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 173
Homburg said:
Now I'm jealous, shit.

Seriously though, between my musculature and ROM, I would be a shitty rope bottom. It would be impossible for me to tie myself in any worthwhile way. Now, if you want me to truss your imaginary goth playtoy up like a Christmas goose, that works. I'm happy to be an enabler, especially when we're talkig imaginary gothlings.

I'll even hand you the clothespins :D
You knew the clothespins would get at me, didn't you?

OK, whatever. You do the rope and she'll just do pretty. I like that too.

But I also like what Netzach suggests you may like.
 
DeservingBitch said:
Cool. Love it.

How do you do that?


That?

It's a Japanese Hogtie. You tie a chest harness much like the fine ones being demoed by Homburg throughout the thread, the arms in what's often called a box tie, where the wrists are tied then, comfortably (in this situation) at the back of the chest harness, then the feet tied to the back of the chest harness.

Unlike the western hogtie, this is an extremely comfortable tie because minimal if ANY pressure is being exerted on the joints. The central chest tie functions as the anchor point, the only weight on the limbs is the weight of the limbs and it's distributed a certain way. Yes, you can shorten the ropes also and make this quite challenging. This particular gym bunny has too many sports injuries to really do wild flexibility things with his shoulders.

The adage about never leaving a bondage victim alone holds true, but you can easily watch most people in this begin to fall asleep, and you can generally let them snooze a bit and nothing bad will be likely to happen to their joints if they do.
 
Netzach said:
That's what this one said.

Here he is zoning happily away in my living room three years ago or so.

Nice work, and a great photo.

I'm still going to call myself a shitty rope bottom. I certainly get no thrill out of tying myself when practicing single/double column ties, corsetting, weaving, etc. I do it solely for the practice.

(Note: This self-tying occurs primarily on my calves and forearms. Sorry, no tittilating fun imagining me corsetting myself :p )

--

DeservingBitch said:
You knew the clothespins would get at me, didn't you?

Of course.

OK, whatever. You do the rope and she'll just do pretty. I like that too.

But I also like what Netzach suggests you may like.

Y'know, this "you may like" thing is bothersome....

--

Netzach said:
The adage about never leaving a bondage victim alone holds true, but you can easily watch most people in this begin to fall asleep, and you can generally let them snooze a bit and nothing bad will be likely to happen to their joints if they do.

Yup yup. The reverse shrimp tie is one of the ones on the agenda for "v". I've been doing a lot of standing work lately, and feel the urge for some prone stuff.
 
Last edited:
Homburg said:
Y'know, this "you may like" thing is bothersome....

Sorry, I think you are paying the unearned price for the 100000000 times someone said to me, or her "wanna trade places with her, yer yer huhhhh" in reference to some tied thing - and you didn't. We know you are classier than that. We do.

Consider it the price to pay for having defined pecs and Domme friends.
 
I should mention that that gent expressed an intense hatred of having anything ever between his toes and an aversion to flip flops. Note the ties on the feet.

For those of you feeling pity, he gets me back on a regular basis these days.
 
Netzach said:
Sorry, I think you are paying the unearned price for the 100000000 times someone said to me, or her "wanna trade places with her, yer yer huhhhh" in reference to some tied thing - and you didn't. We know you are classier than that. We do.

Consider it the price to pay for having defined pecs and Domme friends.

Bah, my pecs are weedy (part of the reason why my bench is weedy). I get what you're saying though.

And, y'know, I've said before that I'd take a flogging, or anything else I offer a bottom, so I would take being tied for the same reason. Conceptually. The reality of it might give me the willies, dunno. Then again, I said I would tie a male, conceptually, and I did it with precious little emotional turmoil. Maybe I'd face the prospect of getting tied with the same equanamity. *shrug*

Netzach said:
I should mention that that gent expressed an intense hatred of having anything ever between his toes and an aversion to flip flops. Note the ties on the feet.

For those of you feeling pity, he gets me back on a regular basis these days.

Oh, my, yes. Things between the toes is as huge aggravation for me. Socks getting wet drives me crazy, and gods help me in the area if I step in something squishy in my bare feet. Total, undiginified ick-frenzy. It's patently embarrassing.

I'll be tying some rope gauntlets on for a small fetish-themed event next week. I'll see about posting pics. It's not exactly self-bondage, but I'll show that I can wear rope too.
 
Back
Top