Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > BDSM Talk > BDSM Cafe

Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 07:03 PM   #6051
Keroin
aKwatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Winston54 View Post
The "Where are all the men?" thread reminding me of some good friends (coaches of my and other teams), and some of the great kids I got to work with in those years.

Yeah, there were some really good times way back then...
Cool. What was it like to be the coach of a team? This is something I've never experienced. I dreaded team sports because I am not a natural athlete and the thought of a group of people depending on my less-than-stellar abilities was far too much pressure.

What were the best parts?

Old 05-30-2009, 08:26 PM   #6052
Sir_Winston54
Assume the position!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroin View Post
Cool. What was it like to be the coach of a team? This is something I've never experienced. I dreaded team sports because I am not a natural athlete and the thought of a group of people depending on my less-than-stellar abilities was far too much pressure.

What were the best parts?
Coaching is cool, especially for me. I'm not a natural athlete, either. The things I do well in athletic endeavors are because I worked to *learn* how to do them; there was no instinctual reaction force that gave me the ability to do them. I've coached baseball and softball (both fast- and slow-pitch, men's teams, women's teams, girls' teams, and mixed adults), soccer, tennis and bowling. With baseball and softball, I had *some* natural ability, I guess, but never star quality in any particular skill. Soccer and tennis are perhaps the oddest possible thing for me to coach, with tennis being the absolute oddest. I'm slow of foot - very - and since I never even picked up a tennis racket until I was in my 30s, the kindest thing one can say about my swing is that it would look decent on a baseball/softball diamond

In both soccer and tennis, though, I could watch the players as they practiced or played, and see exactly what they needed to do differently to be successful... and then show them, in slow motion, what that was. I can hit a killer topspin backhand standing in one spot and having the ball gently fed to me exactly where I want it so that I can take a moderately paced swing to show a player how to do it. But put me in a match, and I'm SOL on just about anything I have to hit a backhand on, unless it's not got much pace and bounces at least waist-high. Then I can cut the hell out of it... in effect, a backhand drop shot that really pisses people off. I'm also hell for opponents at the net in doubles, since I'm 6'3" and have looooong arms and quick hands... I could poach a lot, and catch a lot of shots that were intended to be passing shots.

Soccer was much the same. If I had to run half the length of the field, dribbling and/or passing, and then take a shot, I'd be lucky if it didn't end up behind me. Feed me a shot where I want it, though, and I could curl it either direction (*and* up or down) with either foot.

My greatest skills as a soccer/tennis coach involved those types of things in a practice setting, and in watching both my players and the opponents during matches, and guiding my players to take advantage of their strengths against the weaknesses of the opposition. We beat a lot of players and teams with better technical skills simply because we had better strategies to cope with those skills and maximize our own.

My greatest pleasure as a coach, though, was not winning per se. It was seeing my players grow, both as athletes and as human beings. That's why I much preferred coaching adolescents over adults. I could make more of a difference in their lives. One thing I always told my players - and meant - was that I didn't care what they did as individuals, stats-wise. What I cared about was that they performed as part of the team, because it was a team sport, and the team won or lost, not the individual. If I couldn't teach them anything else (and some of my players were superb athletes that I could offer next to nothing in terms of physical skills), I wanted to teach them that if you play on a team, only what happens to the team is important. Personal accomplishments are nice, but if they don't contribute to the team's accomplishments... <shrug> who cares? When I saw a strong player get her head out of her egotistical ass and voluntarily start helping weaker players improve their skills, for the sake of the team... that's when I knew I had succeeded with that player.

Legal Notice and Attorney's CYA Requirements: The author of this post is not an attorney, physician, or marital or sexual therapist or counselor (nor does he play any or all of the above on television). All opinions are offered only as the viewpoint(s) of an individual with a certain amount of life experience, and should not be considered to be legal, medical, or therapeutic/counseling advice.

Grammar: The difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit.
[Jacked from Wenchie's friend's Facebook page. Thanks!]

If you or a loved one has been attacked by cancer
and you're not familiar with the "Fuck You, Cancer" thread,
please feel free to click the button above.

Old 05-30-2009, 08:32 PM   #6053
Harmony_1985
Sir's little slut

Recalling my Marylin Munroe moment from last night.

Went out for a meal and the place we went had a fan near the door angled upwards (its quite warm here atm). I wanted in in a floaty sundress and the fan blew my skirt up!

Mate and I had to quickly grab my skirt and pull it down but I'm pretty sure I flashed the whole place.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every damn second of it!!

Do Not PM For Cyber; You May Not Like The Reply!!

Old 05-30-2009, 08:47 PM   #6054
unregistered

Old 05-30-2009, 09:13 PM   #6055
Keroin
aKwatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Winston54 View Post
Coaching is cool, especially for me. I'm not a natural athlete, either. The things I do well in athletic endeavors are because I worked to *learn* how to do them; there was no instinctual reaction force that gave me the ability to do them. I've coached baseball and softball (both fast- and slow-pitch, men's teams, women's teams, girls' teams, and mixed adults), soccer, tennis and bowling. With baseball and softball, I had *some* natural ability, I guess, but never star quality in any particular skill. Soccer and tennis are perhaps the oddest possible thing for me to coach, with tennis being the absolute oddest. I'm slow of foot - very - and since I never even picked up a tennis racket until I was in my 30s, the kindest thing one can say about my swing is that it would look decent on a baseball/softball diamond

In both soccer and tennis, though, I could watch the players as they practiced or played, and see exactly what they needed to do differently to be successful... and then show them, in slow motion, what that was. I can hit a killer topspin backhand standing in one spot and having the ball gently fed to me exactly where I want it so that I can take a moderately paced swing to show a player how to do it. But put me in a match, and I'm SOL on just about anything I have to hit a backhand on, unless it's not got much pace and bounces at least waist-high. Then I can cut the hell out of it... in effect, a backhand drop shot that really pisses people off. I'm also hell for opponents at the net in doubles, since I'm 6'3" and have looooong arms and quick hands... I could poach a lot, and catch a lot of shots that were intended to be passing shots.

Soccer was much the same. If I had to run half the length of the field, dribbling and/or passing, and then take a shot, I'd be lucky if it didn't end up behind me. Feed me a shot where I want it, though, and I could curl it either direction (*and* up or down) with either foot.

My greatest skills as a soccer/tennis coach involved those types of things in a practice setting, and in watching both my players and the opponents during matches, and guiding my players to take advantage of their strengths against the weaknesses of the opposition. We beat a lot of players and teams with better technical skills simply because we had better strategies to cope with those skills and maximize our own.

My greatest pleasure as a coach, though, was not winning per se. It was seeing my players grow, both as athletes and as human beings. That's why I much preferred coaching adolescents over adults. I could make more of a difference in their lives. One thing I always told my players - and meant - was that I didn't care what they did as individuals, stats-wise. What I cared about was that they performed as part of the team, because it was a team sport, and the team won or lost, not the individual. If I couldn't teach them anything else (and some of my players were superb athletes that I could offer next to nothing in terms of physical skills), I wanted to teach them that if you play on a team, only what happens to the team is important. Personal accomplishments are nice, but if they don't contribute to the team's accomplishments... <shrug> who cares? When I saw a strong player get her head out of her egotistical ass and voluntarily start helping weaker players improve their skills, for the sake of the team... that's when I knew I had succeeded with that player.
Thanks for that SW! Coaching is a wild thing. I had a world class dirtbiker who tried teaching me some basic stuff and I just couldn't get it, then this mediocre rider took me aside one day and pointed out a few things I was doing wrong and how to fix them - my riding skills improved a hundred percent in one day.

Tennis is a tough sport. I love playing net! I'm only 5'7" but I'm aggressive and not afraid of the ball. I live for the poach. My serve sucks, though, and my backhand is only starting to improve. I'm afraid to see what two years off has done for my game. Gulp.

I'm curious, did you ever have a player that was just really, really bad at the sport, no matter how much coaching she received? If so, what did you do?

Old 05-31-2009, 02:28 AM   #6056
AngelicAssassin
Something Wicked

Welcome to the Deep end.
Expect no mercy.

Old 05-31-2009, 02:36 AM   #6057
Vixandra
Everything well in hand!

That's just beautiful AA.
*saves*

Old 05-31-2009, 10:29 AM   #6058
Sir_Winston54
Assume the position!

Quote:
Thanks for that SW! Coaching is a wild thing. I had a world class dirtbiker who tried teaching me some basic stuff and I just couldn't get it, then this mediocre rider took me aside one day and pointed out a few things I was doing wrong and how to fix them - my riding skills improved a hundred percent in one day.
Some people, no matter how mad their skills are, just don't have the capability of transferring the knowledge of how to exploit those skills. Others, with lesser skills, can.

Quote:
I'm curious, did you ever have a player that was just really, really bad at the sport, no matter how much coaching she received? If so, what did you do?
Yep, alla time. What I did depended on the circumstances.

With the adult (recreational softball) teams, there wasn't much one *could* do. They'd paid their money to be on the team, and the best I could do was take them aside and let them know that their playing time would be pretty much minimal - when games/matches were out of reach (one way or the other), or when we were short on players.

With the high school teams (tennis and soccer), we had an easy out: Roster limits. We almost invariably had more players trying out for the teams than we were allowed to carry on the rosters. ("Minor" sports {unlike football, basketball and baseball/softball} in high schools are only allowed to transport x number of players to matches, thus the rosters are limited. The worst players were gently informed they had not made the roster.

Youth recreational softball/baseball was more like the adult teams, but since they often had rules that every player present for a game had to play a certain amount, we were stuck with them. We did again let them know, however, that their playing time would be minimal - the amount required by the rules. If they chose to stay with the team - or show up for games - we played them as much as we had to, and seldom any more than that.

In any of those circumstances, however, we tried to be gentle and encouraging to the player as a person.

Legal Notice and Attorney's CYA Requirements: The author of this post is not an attorney, physician, or marital or sexual therapist or counselor (nor does he play any or all of the above on television). All opinions are offered only as the viewpoint(s) of an individual with a certain amount of life experience, and should not be considered to be legal, medical, or therapeutic/counseling advice.

Old 05-31-2009, 12:33 PM   #6059
Yasashii_Kaze

After 1 year and 5 months of hard work, I weighed in today and found out that I am finally no longer obese. With a BMI of under 30, I am considered overweight now. I have 30 pounds to go to a healthy BMI and 40-45 to achieve my tentative goal. I'll be talking to my doctor this week to determine the recommended weight for me, but I can take pride in what I've accomplished so far.

Old 05-31-2009, 12:43 PM   #6060
ShyVixen
Subbly Bookworm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasashii_Kaze View Post
After 1 year and 5 months of hard work, I weighed in today and found out that I am finally no longer obese. With a BMI of under 30, I am considered overweight now. I have 30 pounds to go to a healthy BMI and 40-45 to achieve my tentative goal. I'll be talking to my doctor this week to determine the recommended weight for me, but I can take pride in what I've accomplished so far.
Congratulations, Yasashii!

What made me smile - almost being done with something I've been working on.

BEG ME, AT THEIR COMMAND, OWNED BY THE NIGHT & FOURTH TIME'S A CHARM- available now from Ellora's Cave

Old 05-31-2009, 02:19 PM   #6061
myinnerslut
His chains. His lash.

i made homemade lemonade!

made with splenda so that i can drink it without freaking out my blood sugar and insulin.

its yummy yummy yummy
my heart, beating upon the ground
you picked it up and helped me see
like puzzle pieces, you and me
your baby girl, your doll, your kitten
im Master's slave, and i am smitten

screwed into slavery by red hot penis power

my story: http://www.literotica.com:81/stories....php?id=283221

slavery: carved into my heart, branded into my soul, echoed on my body

Old 05-31-2009, 03:16 PM   #6062
Yasashii_Kaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by myinnerslut View Post
i made homemade lemonade!

made with splenda so that i can drink it without freaking out my blood sugar and insulin.

its yummy yummy yummy
I made iced tea today. I sweeten it with Splenda by the glass as I make it. I so miss sweet southern tea, but Splenda takes some of the ache away. I haven't made lemonade yet this summer, but I should. How'd you make yours?

Old 05-31-2009, 03:41 PM   #6063
DiscusDave
Master Arachnophile

Quote:
I made iced tea today. I sweeten it with Splenda by the glass as I make it. I so miss sweet southern tea, but Splenda takes some of the ache away. I haven't made lemonade yet this summer, but I should. How'd you make yours?
I make it out by the curb so I can sell it. I love lemonade stands, and still stop whenever I pass one while driving through a residential neighborhood.

I also start and occasional one sometimes too. Gotta pay for college any way I can.

Old 05-31-2009, 03:44 PM   #6064
FurryFury
Addict of Sensation

Quote:
Woo hoo! That's awesome!

"I ask nothing but what you would freely give me. I honor you as you are, not as something to change." ~ Me

Helping people is one of my drugs but the overdose can be a real bitch. ~ Me

Warning: Steroids make me snappish. ~ Me

The stories I have here at Lit: Vote if you like the stories!
http://english.literotica.com/storie...ge=submissions

Fury's Filthy Stories: http://www.literotica.com:81/forum/s...d.php?t=400253

Old 05-31-2009, 05:35 PM   #6065
WriterDom
Good to the last drop

June 1, 2009. End of a difficult year. Start of a new one. My fiscal year I guess you could say.

Old 05-31-2009, 07:39 PM   #6066
gypsy*seer
Barefoot sage

Location: Near the lakes, forest, & ocean, on a river by the bay....
Locking the keys in my truck twice in two days....after not having done that for about, oh....10 YEARS!
LMAO

“Blessed are the weird people, poets, misfits, writers, mystics, painters and troubadours for they teach us to see the world through different eyes.” -Jacob Nordby

Old 05-31-2009, 07:41 PM   #6067
midwestyankee
Literotica Guru

Helping the youngest rent his tux for prom.

Old 05-31-2009, 07:51 PM   #6068
myinnerslut
His chains. His lash.

Quote:
ive been told mine is too bitter for some, but perfect for others. also, i dont know the size of the pitcher, its the only one i have so i never bothered to measure it.

juice 4.5 lemons
3/4 cup of splenda
1 lemon cut in paper thin slices
lots of ice
my heart, beating upon the ground
you picked it up and helped me see
like puzzle pieces, you and me
your baby girl, your doll, your kitten
im Master's slave, and i am smitten

screwed into slavery by red hot penis power

my story: http://www.literotica.com:81/stories....php?id=283221

slavery: carved into my heart, branded into my soul, echoed on my body

Old 05-31-2009, 07:56 PM   #6069
satindesire
Queen of Geeks

1. The roundest knight at King Arthur's round table was Sir Cumference. He
acquired his size from too much pi.

2. I thought I saw an eye doctor on an Alaskan island, but it turned out
to be an optical Aleutian .

3. She was only a whiskey maker, but he loved her still.

4. A rubber band pistol was confiscated from algebra class because it was
a weapon of math disruption.

5. The butcher backed into the meat grinder and got a little behind in his
work.

6. No matter how much you push the envelope, it'll still be stationery.

7. A dog gave birth to puppies near the road and was cited for littering.

8. A grenade thrown into a kitchen in France would result in Linoleum
Blownapart.

9. Two silk worms had a race. They ended up in a tie.

10. Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.

11. A hole has been found in the nudist camp wall. The police are looking
into it.

12. Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

13. Two hats were hanging on a hat rack in the hallway. One hat said to
the other, 'You stay here, I'll go on a head.'

14. I wondered why the baseball kept getting bigger. Then, it hit me.

15. A sign on the lawn at a drug rehab center said, 'Keep off the Grass.'

16. A small boy swallowed some coins and was taken to a hospital. When his
grandmother telephoned to ask how he was, a nurse said, 'No change yet.'

17. A chicken crossing the road is poultry in motion.

18. It's not that the man did not know how to juggle, he just didn't have
the balls to do it.

19. The midget fortune-teller who escaped from prison was a small medium at
large.

20. The man who survived mustard gas and pepper spray is now a seasoned
veteran.

21. A backward poet writes inverse.

22. In democracy, it's your vote that counts. In feudalism, it's your count that votes.

23 . When cannibals ate a missionary, they got a taste of religion.

24. Don't join dangerous cults: Practice safe sects.

http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=756470

Are you cosmetically clueless? Do you want to learn how to look like a bombshell in the comfort of your own home? Come visit my Noble-Prize winning thread and ask your questions to The Makeup Fairy!

http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=802027

Old 05-31-2009, 08:05 PM   #6070
gypsy*seer
Barefoot sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by satindesire View Post
1. The roundest knight at King Arthur's round table was Sir Cumference. He
acquired his size from too much pi.
THIS!
LMAO!!

Hiya, Satin!

“Blessed are the weird people, poets, misfits, writers, mystics, painters and troubadours for they teach us to see the world through different eyes.” -Jacob Nordby

Old 05-31-2009, 08:08 PM   #6071
Sir_Winston54
Assume the position!

Quote:
Originally Posted by satindesire View Post
1....safe sects.
Grooooooannnnn...

Old 05-31-2009, 08:19 PM   #6072
satindesire
Queen of Geeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsy*seer View Post
THIS!
LMAO!!

Hiya, Satin!
Hiya sugarbear!

http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=756470

Are you cosmetically clueless? Do you want to learn how to look like a bombshell in the comfort of your own home? Come visit my Noble-Prize winning thread and ask your questions to The Makeup Fairy!

http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=802027

Old 05-31-2009, 08:28 PM   #6073
EmpressFi
Mama Bear

walking in on this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7g6tjELG9n0

It's not kinky unless you have a feather duster in your ass

Old 05-31-2009, 08:55 PM   #6074
gypsy*seer
Barefoot sage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGceb4If8PY

Yeah, corny......but killing me!

still giggling...

Old 05-31-2009, 10:44 PM   #6075
Homburg
Daring greatly

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmpressFi View Post
Awwww

I am not usually one for titles. In my world, titles are reserved for relationships.
Millificent (aka "viv") and myinnerslut both call me "Master".
You can call me "Homburg". Still accepting Rope Bunny applications, of course.

Disclaimer: Live your life how you want to live. Be secure enough in what you do that _my_ words won't affect you. Because my opinion has no material meaning in your life beyond what you let it have.

Closed Thread