Tax the Rich?

I see Keith and friends want us to have the wonderful economic liberal progressive socialist economy and government like Obama's Venezuela has. It is proof that all Keith and company say is true about the great Socialist Eden they wish for us. And since Venezuela is run by the Cubans and they in turn are run by the Russians and Chinese wouldn't such a system be great for us? After all those three countries are such wonderful examples of Socialist progressive progress and happiness.

We know that Obama and the Clinton's and Biden and company never lied to the people or took money from the Russians and Chinese. That the media has never been just a propaganda rag sheet to the leftist. That Sanders and his wife are true Communists and not rich fat cats who never share their wealth with the people. We know these things because Keith and friends say it is so.

It is the evil Trump, an American who puts Americans first that is the true monster. After all he wants us to be free and every citizen to have a chance to better themselves. How can he say slavery is a bad thing? How can he say living in safety is the right of the people? Doesn't he realize it is the criminals that have rights and not victims? The left believe so. Even such great men as Sanders believes that monsters like the Boston Bomber belong in the Democratic Party and that ISIS plants like Omar and uneducated rich spoiled brats like Cortez are the future of our Progressive Paradise. Lies and violence and loss of freedoms are the corner stone of such wise people as Keith and friends. All hail the new Fuehrer Soros. All hail the dark ages. Oh hell.
 
Just another reminder that I'm a racist.

Yup. You sure are.

What compels Trumpettes to blatantly and outrageously lie about simply everything?

Actually, although I have been mocking Danno with his own meme, it is blatantly clear that he really IS a racist. It's embodied even in posts where he ISN'T calling someone a racist for daring to disagree with him.

If there is ANYONE on this site that I'm dead certain is a racist, it's dan_c00000.
 
What compels Trumpettes to blatantly and outrageously lie about simply everything?

KeithD, as I've pointed out before, when it comes to who's a liar, let's all remember that you're the guy who claimed to be a SR-71 pilot until someone posted this and showed you were lying about being one of those heroes.

You should still be ashamed of yourself.

Meanwhile, even the NYT admits that what dan_c00000's posted graphs and my cited articles establish is true: all segments of American society benefited from the Republican Tax Reform!

B. Casselman & J. Tankersley, Face It: You (Probably) Got a Tax Cut, New York Times (Apr. 14, 2019) ("Ever since President Trump signed the Republican-sponsored tax bill in December 2017, independent analyses have consistently found that a large majority of Americans would owe less because of the law. Preliminary data based on tax filings has shown the same.").
 
KeithD, as I've pointed out before, when it comes to who's a liar, let's all remember that you're the guy who claimed to be a SR-71 pilot until someone posted this and showed you were lying about being one of those heroes.

You should still be ashamed of yourself.

Meanwhile, even the NYT admits that what dan_c00000's posted graphs and my cited articles establish is true: all segments of American society benefited from the Republican Tax Reform!

B. Casselman & J. Tankersley, Face It: You (Probably) Got a Tax Cut, New York Times (Apr. 14, 2019) ("Ever since President Trump signed the Republican-sponsored tax bill in December 2017, independent analyses have consistently found that a large majority of Americans would owe less because of the law. Preliminary data based on tax filings has shown the same.").

KeithD and sr71plt are the same person and he lied about being a pilot (of the sr-71)?

Wow, if true. That's a whopper of a whopper. Maybe danno is onto something with al the "alt" talk?

Keith, would you comment?
 
I'm a racist liar that got caught being a racist liar.

Your links, which are like you both racist and wrong, may say that but reality does not.

Tax_cuts_savings_estimates_2001_2018.png


The GOP tax law showers benefits on the wealthy and large corporations while abandoning middle-class Americans and Main Street businesses

Real Wage Growth Is Actually Falling

The average worker isn’t seeing Trump’s “economic miracle.”

Poor racist dawn, got caught lying and got owned. Again.
 
Biden (and dan_c00000) Caught Lying

Even the leftist Washington Post knows that dan_c00000, and Joe Biden, are wrong about who benefitted from tax cuts.

The former vice president has never been known for turning a phrase with precision, but in his opening campaign speech, he told a whopper. Let’s take a look.

... the biggest problem is Biden’s sweeping declaration that “all of it went to folks at the top and corporations that pay no taxes.”

That’s simply wrong.

As we have explained before, any broad-based tax cut is going to mostly benefit the wealthy because they already pay a large share of income taxes. According to Treasury Department data, the top 20 percent of income earners paid 95.2 percent of individual income taxes in 2017. The top 10 percent paid 81 percent. The top 0.1 percent paid an astonishing 24.1 percent of taxes....

Meanwhile, as this year’s tax season ended, H&R Block reported that its clients experienced a 25 percent reduction in tax liability, which translates to about $1,200 on average. Tax refunds were mostly flat, however, as the Internal Revenue Service changed the withholding tables so people would see more in their paychecks. So that worked out to about $25 extra every week — or $3.50 a day — starting in March.

Now, this may be one reason Biden’s audience readily agreed with his statement that they didn’t “feel” the tax cut. An extra $3.50 a day might easily be missed, especially if the tax refund barely changed. The size of a tax refund appears to be very important for many Americans, even if it’s in effect an interest-free loan to the government. Nevertheless, the average reduction in tax liability was 25 percent, which also serves to illustrate that many Americans do not pay much in federal income taxes....​

G. Kessler, Biden’s false claim that no one but the rich got Trump’s tax cuts, Washington Post (May 1, 2019) (emphasis added).

dan_c00000 just got owned by a major liberal newspaper.
 
Remember how the Democrats predicted the Republican Tax Reforms would be economic "armageddon," especially for those on the lower rungs?

Well...

Unemployment for workers without bachelor's degrees fell to the lowest rate in 19 years in April, the Bureau of Labor Statistics reported Friday, a sign the recovery is benefiting the people most in need of help as it stretches toward a 10th year.

Unemployment for workers without four-year or graduate degrees fell to just 3.5% in April, the lowest such mark since the 3.4% rate in April 2000, which was the lowest recorded, with data going back to 1992.

That statistic, which is adjusted for seasonal variations, represents workers above the age of 25 without associate's degrees or who didn't finish college, people with only high school degrees, and high school dropouts. Those groups generally have much higher unemployment rates.

As overall joblessness has declined — unemployment for all civilian workers hit the lowest rate in 50 years in April — groups that usually are at the margins of the workforce have seen gains.

For example, minority workers have enjoyed historically low unemployment rates in recent months. Hispanic unemployment saw a record low of 4.2% in April. During the worst of the recession, Hispanic workers saw joblessness of as high as 13%.

Another example is that wage growth has been the highest in lower-wage industries in recent months.

"This is an economy that is working for workers," said Martha Gimbel, director of economic research for Indeed Hiring Lab. "Another astonishingly strong month of jobs growth shows the continued strength of this recovery. ... Jobs continued to grow fastest in middle- and high-wage industries, while wage growth was fastest in low-wage industries."

Overall wage growth has accelerated in 2019, with anecdotal reports of businesses having to offer better salaries and benefits to attract workers as it has become harder to find qualified people who are available.​

J. Lawler, Lowest unemployment in 19 years for workers without bachelor's degrees in April, Washington Examiner, (May 3, 2019) (emphasis added) (graphics omitted).
 
KeithD and sr71plt are the same person and he lied about being a pilot (of the sr-71)?

Wow, if true. That's a whopper of a whopper. Maybe danno is onto something with al the "alt" talk?

Keith, would you comment?

Don't hold your breath waiting for an answer.

This supposed SR-71 pilot is not just a liar, he's a coward.
 
Dan doesn’t understand that people are free to be rich in the usa.

Oh he gets that. He just doesn't think it's FAIR because his Mom isn't rich and the basement is musty.

If DAN were one of the wealthy, he'd be singing a different song.
 
New projections show state tax collections over the next three years will come in $753 million higher than previously anticipated. The more robust revenue figures, reported Wednesday by the nonpartisan Legislative Fiscal Bureau, are largely driven by higher-than-expected income and corporate tax collections.

Individual income tax collections are now expected to increase by $460 million between the 2018-2019 and 2020-2021 fiscal years, while corporate/franchise tax collections are projected to grow by $610 million over the period....

As a result, the fiscal bureau projects the 2018-19 general fund balance will grow from $691.5 million, as estimated in January, to more than $1 billion by June 30, the end of the fiscal year.

Republicans took a victory lap Wednesday, pointing to tax breaks in excess of $8 billion and reined-in regulation over the previous eight years — when the GOP controlled both the legislative and executive branches....

“These new revenue projections reflect the growing economy and the impact of the pro-growth reforms made by Republicans over the last eight years,” Assembly Speaker Robin Vos (R-Rochester) said in a press release....

The GOP Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017, too, is paying big dividends for Wisconsin businesses. Companies like Pewaukee-based Trico Corp. have rewarded their employees with increased benefits, and are looking at future expansion.​

M.D. Kittle & C. Rochester, Report: State Revenue Projections Grow By $750 million, Sign Of ‘Reform Dividend’, MacIver Institute (May 15, 2019).
 
The U.S. News analysis, which examined how states have been performing based on eight broad categories, including health care, public education and economic growth, ranked Wisconsin the 11th best state....

“Health care and education are the top priorities for U.S. residents, according to a survey of tens of thousands of people across the county,” Deidre McPhillips, senior data editor at U.S. News & World Report, told The Center Square in an email. “Wisconsin lands at 14th in each of these categories. The Badger State ranks sixth in opportunity and 10th in natural environment, with the fourth best gender parity in labor force participation.”

... In public education, Wisconsin’s high school graduation rate stood at 88.2 percent, more than four points above the national graduation rate....

Chris Rochester, communications director for the MacIver Institute in Madison, said the U.S. News ranking confirms that Wisconsin offers its residents opportunities, employment options and a great quality of life. And it argues against efforts by Democratic lawmakers and the state’s new Democratic governor, Tony Evers, to pursue higher spending policies, according to Rochester.

“Contrary to the left's claims that our state will go down the drain if legislators don't accept Evers' big-spending budget, Wisconsin already has a great education system, 95 percent of our population has health insurance, unemployment is near an all-time low, there are more jobs than people to fill them, and revenue keeps coming in stronger than expected,” he told The Center Square in an email.

Overall, Wisconsin is in a strong position due to conservative policies enacted during the Walker years, according to Rochester. A May 15 state Legislative Fiscal Bureau memo predicted that state revenues over the next three years will exceed previous expectations by more than $750 million, according to the MacIver Institute.

This "also should serve as a reminder to Gov. Evers that lower taxes, sensible regulation and prudent government spending is a recipe for economic growth and prosperity for all Wisconsinites,” a post on the institute’s website states....​

M. Carroll, Wisconsin ranking on best states list seen as affirmation of tax policies, The Center Square (May 28, 2019).
 
In tax-hiking Canada...

On September 14, 1974, economist Arthur Laffer and three friends had the most productive cocktail discussion in U.S. history. On that day, Laffer famously sketched his U-shaped theory of taxation on a cocktail napkin....

Laffer argued that higher tax rates produce higher tax revenues, but only up to a point. After taxes reach a certain level, they actually reduce the amount of money the government collects, because people respond to the disincentive by reducing work and investment. Once returns become low enough, people decide they aren’t worth the extra effort.

Canada’s Fraser Institute released a new study today vindicating his theory once again.

In 2016, the federal government in Ottawa raised the top marginal income tax rate from 29 to 33 percent. On paper, this should have increased tax revenues by $9 billion (all figures Canadian).

Unfortunately, the politicians did not correct for human behavior.

Specifically, their estimates did not include “taxable income semi-elasticity,” the change in taxable income as the income tax rate rises one percent. “[A] one percentage-point increase in the top federal personal income tax rate is associated with a reduction of total taxable income by about 0.50 percent,” according to Fraser’s calculations.

According to the institute, the higher tax rates are already costing the Canadian people. While the government would have collected an additional $10 billion in taxes from the highest income earners this year, Fraser estimates they will receive only $800 million under the new scheme....

The reality was worse yet. “The federal government’s fiscal report for 2016 indicates that it collected $4.6 billion dollars less from high-income earners in 2016 than in 2015,” Fraser reported.​

B. Johnson, The Laffer Curve vindicated…in Canada, Action Institute (Jun. 25, 2019) (emphasis added)..

Meanwhile, in tax-lowering USA...

The climb out of the Great Recession has been prolonged and strengthened by pro-growth policies, such as tax cuts and deregulation....

Average wages have grown above 3% for 10 straight months—twice as fast as inflation. And since the tax cuts of 2017, wage growth for the poorest 25% of workers has reached post-recession highs of 4.4%....

In the first nine months of 2019, federal tax revenue increased by 3%, compared with last year, thanks to the larger economy.

A. Michel, How a Record-Breaking Economy Is Helping Those Who Need It Most, Heritage Foundation (Jul. 10, 2019) (emphasis added).
 
Back
Top