What will you be Grillin'?

Have some buttermilk whole wheat bread baking, going to go with grilled t-bones and baked potatoes.
 
I've decided we going to have BBQ game hen, baked potato (for HM) and the year's first ear of corn for me. Maybe there will be a salad or a fruit bowl . . .
 
Spare ribs are on the fire, potato salad is in the fridge, and in a few minutes I'll get started on the collard greens and buttermilk biscuits.
 
Spare ribs are on the fire, potato salad is in the fridge, and in a few minutes I'll get started on the collard greens and buttermilk biscuits.
Husband loves collard greens. Have you a good recipe? Biscuits I'm quite good at, and I've a killer potato salad recipe. Greens...completely mystified. :eek:
 
Husband loves collard greens. Have you a good recipe? Biscuits I'm quite good at, and I've a killer potato salad recipe. Greens...completely mystified. :eek:

They're not that difficult. The hard part is prepping them, but I buy them pre-washed and chopped. Cuts down on the work by about 75%.
 
The smoker has been puffing away all day on very low heat and I just finished off a quarter of the beef ribs, half the potato salad, and a quarter of the baked beans. I'm stuffed and still have plenty for tomorrow and probably the next day.

Picking the ribs up by the bone doesn't work as the meat all falls off. :)
 
I love mussels but this is not a good time of yea to be picking them in SoCal. The local phytoplankton have some nasty toxins. Better to wait until October.
 
Burgers with brie and bacon on grilled ciabatta buns then the coldest Polygamy Porters ever had (no grill involved here, of course).
 
It was a tough day. We grilled nothing, just got deli sandwiches and too much ice cream. But I don't feel like a failure. We'll burn something tomorrow.
 
An early morning trip to Arlington National Cemetery (where I didn't see any grills out) negated home grilling for me yesterday. But I had grilled chicken at an Applebees on the way home.
 
Back
Top