Daddy's Little Girl: Second Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_otgh9hKGwy1uk2fbko1_640.jpg

I am the same... I'll try again. I'll try to put it behind me. Try to pretend the hurt really didn't happen. But I never forget. It's always there even as I try. I think that's the one thing I find hard to forgive. The hurt it caused, the way it made me feel.

Maybe I hold on because I'm afraid if I say something or make a fuss, I won't like the outcome. I hate confrontation, except when it comes to my friends.

I'm learning, though. One Dom friend, non-sexual, once asked me what I wanted most to learn, where I wanted to grow. I've never forgotten that. He was going to help me get "xyz" - and he really worked hard, nurturing me, encouraging me. Making me practice my 'f*** you' voice to build me back up after my divorce.

Right now, when I don't like something or I'm disappointed, I know I can say something. I know that I don't need to fear he'll fly into a rage or walk away. That thing that may seem so simple means the world to me and does more to help me believe, love, adore than anything. It makes me feel like I'm healing.

- nonsensical blabbering -

Not at all.
That’s called being accepted for who you are. Many people say they do it, but few do. I struggle with it. Luckily, he doesn’t.

I'm turtley today. 🐢

Did a lot of heavy sharing yesterday and I'm feeling burnt out. Especially because I have no partner to go to as 'home base,' to rest and recharge. All of the people i would want to go to are incommunicado - with me, anyway. And that makes Lit an uncomfortable place to be. It's a weird feeling, not having anyone to go to, I feel... unanchored, adrift. I don't like it.

So anyway. Thought I should check in somewhere.

I am the same... I'll try again. I'll try to put it behind me. Try to pretend the hurt really didn't happen. But I never forget. It's always there even as I try. I think that's the one thing I find hard to forgive. The hurt it caused, the way it made me feel.

Maybe I hold on because I'm afraid if I say something or make a fuss, I won't like the outcome. I hate confrontation, except when it comes to my friends.

I'm learning, though. One Dom friend, non-sexual, once asked me what I wanted most to learn, where I wanted to grow. I've never forgotten that. He was going to help me get "xyz" - and he really worked hard, nurturing me, encouraging me. Making me practice my 'f*** you' voice to build me back up after my divorce.

Right now, when I don't like something or I'm disappointed, I know I can say something. I know that I don't need to fear he'll fly into a rage or walk away. That thing that may seem so simple means the world to me and does more to help me believe, love, adore than anything. It makes me feel like I'm healing.

- nonsensical blabbering -

This is why I love you, BFG :)

I'm turtley today. 🐢

Did a lot of heavy sharing yesterday and I'm feeling burnt out. Especially because I have no partner to go to as 'home base,' to rest and recharge. All of the people i would want to go to are incommunicado - with me, anyway. And that makes Lit an uncomfortable place to be. It's a weird feeling, not having anyone to go to, I feel... unanchored, adrift. I don't like it.

So anyway. Thought I should check in somewhere.

It's good to check in and let us know how you're feeling. There may be more that we can help you with than you think! Sometimes, just keeping someone company is enough to get is through days when we just want to turtle or curl up.

This is why I love you, BFG :)

Because I babble? ;)

It's good to check in and let us know how you're feeling. There may be more that we can help you with than you think! Sometimes, just keeping someone company is enough to get is through days when we just want to turtle or curl up.

Because I babble? ;)

Honey: If you ever need to talk, my door is always open.

BFG: because you make me want to be a better person, too

Life is all about growing, learning, becoming more or something better. I try to find friends who have qualities that I admire.

Because I babble? ;)

Thanks, you guys:rose::rose:

I haven't posted in the new thread yet... so congrats on the new thread!

As far as rules and boundaries:
It holds true for me. Though I also tend to push on occasion to be sure he'll push back.

As far as "never forget"
This does not hold true for me. I have the opposite problem. Oh have a hard time getting mad and expressing mad. I have a hard time believing I have a genuine cause to be mad. I tend to blame me. Then I gave a hard time holding on to the useful righteous anger. I am too forgiving. It can be a problem because in an effort to give people the benefit of the doubt I tend to repetitively set myself up for disappointment.
( this makes current issue so ironic. I'm actually trying to learn to be reasonably NO about something and because no one knows that issue of mine they are saying nahhhhhhg just a person moment nahhhhhh you're being too hard... :/ the people who know me ate saying omg seriously you finally understand get mad so now just ... walk.....away.... it is ok to walk .... away....)
I can relate so strongly to the bolded part especially.
I always assume that no matter what the reasoning or excuses, it must have been something I've done, a flaw within me, a failure of some sort on my part that caused the issue.
And I forgive a lot with soft words and heartfelt (or apparent heartfelt) emotions.
Too much, usually too easily and even when I'm right to be angry I seldom stay angry at someone I've loved.
It makes it too easy for me to be broken by the same person over and over.
I think I've gotten better over the years though

I'm learning, though.
Yes. So much yes.

Abandonment is a huge issue for me. Huge.

I'll be back to contribute when my brain isn't running in seventeen different directions at once. :rolleyes:

Love you girls. :heart:
*hugs*
I have massive abandonment issues. It's something that I find myself trying to reconcile. If I care about someone then I just assume that they will leave.
Every time.

This is usually what I feel causes it, I let someone in, let them close enough to see what a mess I am and then they run.

*shrugs*

I'm sure that I've overshared. I tend to do that on this thread, but I can relate to so much of what is said.

My inbox is always open if anyone needs a shoulder. <3

*hugs*
I have massive abandonment issues. It's something that I find myself trying to reconcile. If I care about someone then I just assume that they will leave.
Every time.

This is usually what I feel causes it, I let someone in, let them close enough to see what a mess I am and then they run.

*shrugs*

I'm sure that I've overshared. I tend to do that on this thread, but I can relate to so much of what is said.

My inbox is always open if anyone needs a shoulder. <3

They always do leave. Me, anyway.

I'm trying to be philosophical about it... they were only meant to be in my life for a season, bla bla bla... but I still feel the loss. I'm having an especially hard time with it this time around. I can't seem to shake loose of the grief.

Anyway. You girls rock.
I'm getting sad, so I'm going to maybe pop into the blanket fort and then log out for a while.

:kiss:

Hey tink,
Not overshare. Definitely not. I think most of us have abandonment issues * side eye at my thread* but we will get through it.

That image spoke to me, but on a level I wasn't comfortable putting into words. Reminds me of this one
https://encrypted-tbn1.***********/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTVtzu6At3BRyxGRkXLTN0NeeKgU3AFeIyWbVZLO9_YBhHjRWgz_T0QSJM_SA which I have deep feelings about.

Honey ... ok this is not meant as snark... it's like lost keys of course you find them in the last place you look.... because you STOP LOOKING. So Yes, they all leave us.... until we find the one that stays. Or he finds us. Hugs.

Secondary question that I really need thoughts on... from Daddies too....
And I may make this a thread.
Do you ever find yourself a runner? What prompts it? Is it valid and real or a defense mechanism? Is it useful? Did you ever work through it? How? I feel like when I start to really connect with someone some part of me clicks on and panics and pushes him away. I think I do it to see if he will walk... if he will take the excuse and say "not worth it" or if he will hang on and push through it. ....
I know I'm messed up. It isn't an intentional mind game... at the time it feels very very real.
Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey tink,
Not overshare. Definitely not. I think most of us have abandonment issues * side eye at my thread* but we will get through it.
*snip*
Do you ever find yourself a runner? What prompts it? Is it valid and real or a defense mechanism? Is it useful? Did you ever work through it? How? I feel like when I start to really connect with someone some part of me clicks on and panics and pushes him away. I think I do it to see if he will walk... if he will take the excuse and say "not worth it" or if he will hang on and push through it. ....
I know I'm messed up. It isn't an intentional mind game... at the time it feels very very real.

Thoughts?
Oh ugh I described myself the other day as a potential flight risk. The description is accurate.
I'm trying not to do any of this now actually.
For me it isn't a mind game, certainly not an intentional one,so much as a part of it is probably the need to know if he really wants to be part of my world, that stumbling blocks aren't going to make HIM run, but the bigger part is that I think if I push away, if I bail first, then there's no opportunity for them to walk away and leave me. It's fear. I expect people to leave. I expect them to stay just long enough for me to be attached, for me to care, to give pieces of myself away and then they leave.
I'm trying to breathe through it and relax. I don't know how well I'm doing but I'm trying.
The more I care, the more likely I am to do it.
I do it to friends too sometimes but not as often.
Though, friendships are hard for me too, because I don't like to let people all the way in. I keep people at arms length unless you sneak past my defenses.
I also truly push away or walk away because I don't want to be a bother to people. I always feel super needy and like I"m "too much" and I don't like to burden anyone with that.
So yeah.
It's not just you.

So do you think it's a chick thing? An I've been hurt thing? Or a little thing?

So do you think it's a chick thing? An I've been hurt thing? Or a little thing?
Kinda a combo in my opinion.

The middle one.
Not specific to women.

What Fara said mostly.
The way we deal with it might be a chick thing or a little thing. But the reaction? The behavior itself is just an "I've been hurt a lot" thing I think.

My tendency to try to figure it all out while eating ice cream from the carton while laying on the couch listening to Taylor Swift is likely a combo of "chick thing" and "i have the musical tastes of a 15 year old girl" thing.
Your mileage may vary. :)

oo i like this, i'm asking daddy to have a look at this, this will make a lot of sense to him. Mind you he reads my posts so I might not need to ask, but I will :eek:

*sighs*

This makes me imagine arms wrapped around me, being safe and accepted. Taken care of emotionally, not having to worry... just feel.

:heart:

What Does Daddy Need?

Daddies have needs. If you have or have had a Daddy, how did you help them??

Also, I feel like I contribute to the relationship by being able to give something back that he gives to me. How does your experience make you feel??

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back