What are you fuckers reading?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think The Magpies is slightly better. I read that cover to cover through the night. Horrible spider scene later.

I'm up to the part where they received the cd of them having sex. The book gives me
a Rosemary's Baby kind of vibe.

I'd kiss you for the recommendations but something tell me you're infectious. :kiss:
 
I'm up to the part where they received the cd of them having sex. The book gives me
a Rosemary's Baby kind of vibe.

I'd kiss you for the recommendations but something tell me you're infectious. :kiss:

Just give me a vigorous fingering then. :heart:
 
Got back into Jackie Collins again so rereading Lucky's Vendetta until I get her new one. Read all Martina Cole's novels after reading 50 Shades- needed a good murder lol Then after been studying drug addiction and social science I needed something completely different and Jackie C caught my eye.
 
"Double Homicide" by Jonathon and Faye Kellerman. I picked it up because it is sort of a novelty. It is two books, and one is printed upside down from the back so that depending how you hold it, each book is in the front.

The plots are Ok.
 
Red Sparrow by Jason Mathews. Not a bad recreational read. I didn't think that they were still making Russian spy novels.
 
NYT review of Watchman

Review: Harper Lee’s ‘Go Set a Watchman’ Gives Atticus Finch a Dark Side

Students of writing will find “Watchman” fascinating for these reasons: How did a lumpy tale about a young woman’s grief over her discovery of her father’s bigoted views evolve into a classic coming-of-age story about two children and their devoted widower father? How did a distressing narrative filled with characters spouting hate speech (from the casually patronizing to the disgustingly grotesque — and presumably meant to capture the extreme prejudice that could exist in small towns in the Deep South in the 1950s) mutate into a redemptive novel associated with the civil rights movement, hailed, in the words of the former civil rights activist and congressman Andrew Young, for giving us “a sense of emerging humanism and decency”?

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/11/b...watchman-gives-atticus-finch-a-dark-side.html

I'm getting a feeling I'm not going to enjoy this book.
Maybe it should have stayed unpublished.
 
Stallo by Stefan Spjut. Odd but I'm intrigued so far. At first I thought it was about a Bigfoot type thing but seems to be trolls.
 
Just finished Gallows View by Peter Robinson. I really like the character of Inspector Banks. I've read two books in the series now and I really enjoyed them. Interesting cases and a complicated personal life. Also different than most in that he's in Yorkshire and not London.

51j2Jwfc9QL._SX330_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg


Just starting to read this, The Class of 1846.

51wfJTVDeTL._SX337_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
 
9780062409850_custom-306afa6eef1f1e91902f23ec462ef3a3d9a23313-s200-c85.jpg


Harper Lee's " Go Set A Watchman" It makes Atticus from "To Kill a Mockingbird " seem more real.
 
Our we sure she wrote this, since she's been blind and deaf since suffering a stroke or is this a publisher edit?

I was curious about that....wondering if she had a good portion done and someone did some ghost writing to finish it off.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top