Audio porn thread?

I like the Audio stories on Lit but, even though those stories are "Amateur" these seem even moreso in that the people are right here. I had actually recorded something yesterday and as I was saving it on that "boos": sight, I lost my internet connection. I will do something soon.
 
what did you mean about linking other audio submissions from other sites to lit? Are you referring to the fact that we use things like audioboo or vocaroo to record submissions?

I mean whatever links are being posted. If those are "audioboo" or "vocaroo", then yes. Admittedly, I don't know much about those sites. However, over in Am Pic (as an example) there was a post by ShyGuy or one of the other former mods saying "if you hotlink your pic you can post whatever pic you want" and as it turned out it was written in Laurel's rules that HOTLINKING (linking to a different site) actually was not allowed and she considered it spam.

That's why I asked. Not trying to ruffle anyone's feathers. I was merely curious.
 
So, are you people aware that Lit has audio stories?

Yes, very much so, but the lovely thing about this thread is that it's far more interactive, and also we can post lots of audios whilst still being at least a little hidden away back here. :)

I mean whatever links are being posted. If those are "audioboo" or "vocaroo", then yes. Admittedly, I don't know much about those sites. However, over in Am Pic (as an example) there was a post by ShyGuy or one of the other former mods saying "if you hotlink your pic you can post whatever pic you want" and as it turned out it was written in Laurel's rules that HOTLINKING (linking to a different site) actually was not allowed and she considered it spam.

In this instance we don't really have any other alternative. Audioboo and Vocaroo are just audio hosting sites that are specifically designed to make it easy to post audio elsewhere. If Lit had a similar service we'd use that instead, so it's definitely not spamming, just making use of a service that's designed for the purpose we're using it :)
 
Last edited:
Yes, the mixing would be good. That said, I have no experience with this myself. And for some programs there is a bit of a learning curve, not worth the effort if you just do 1 recording.

But as Dohbuoy has, I think he would volunteer :D

Only a slight knowledge, mostly gleaned from removing the record/pause button clicks from my recordings done on my mp3 player :D But adding a second track does look fairly straightforward, especially if it is a voice-over. Much like when someone is adding a song to their youtube video, I would think. I'd give it a whirl, though I would be nervous with handling someone else's output I think.
 
And to add to this, possibly have someone do the mixing for you?

There are tons of applications to do this, Audacity is one I am slightly familiar with. It shouldn't be to difficult to accomplish. Seeing that you base your works of off your memories, this should produce something amazing :D

the trouble is that I don't just base them off my memories, I re-live them as I recount. Perhaps I do need to engage the services of a friend.
 
Anoter suggestion...


Based on what I have heard thus far from you, I think it would be fine you telling the story through the audio of "your actions". I think the best part of this thread is you do not necessarily have to "tell a story through words" as much as present the situation. The sound effects and other non spoken audio would make for a very entertaining presentation. I will leave it up to you to figure out what props would provide for the best support in the telling of your experience. Those are just my thoughts.
 
Back
Top