Runners unite?

Ran London marathon 2012, Shakespeare Marathon 2010... Got 8 half marathons under my belt too... Yet my 5km is still my strongest time! lol!

I did 10 miles yesterday, half marathon in four weeks, so cranking it up!

Getting ready for a 5k in March... had to take a week off from running, but need to get back into it. Cold up here so I'm stuck inside on a treadmill instead of outside where I'd prefer to be running.

hoping to work up to a half-marathon once it warms up a bit.

I ran a gentle 6.3 miles (just over 10km) this morning, after a much faster 5km yesterday. I had hoped to go further today, but my legs felt in need of a rest and my head was still recovering from several glasses of wine the night before. :D

Training for my first half marathon in May! Usually only run 3 to 4 miles so a little nervous but more excited!
Good luck with your training! :)

Please don't do what I did for my first half-marathon last year! I over-trained and consequently sustained a nasty injury four weeks before the race, which severely curtailed my preparations and meant that my first attempt at 10+ miles had to be the event itself. :eek:

On the positive side, I still managed to complete the half-marathon (and in a time that I was happy with), but this was definitely not the best way to go about it! :D

Heterosexual Female Runner

With the ass and legs to prove it. I do appreciate stamina and endurance, but also wit and intelligence. And guess what, I have it all. And I'm very modest. What a catch, if you can catch me.

Actually, I am not fast, but my endurance is great. And I am specifically a trailrunner and kind of a snob about it. I think pavement is sinful. I'm fortunate to have trails to run on so I get to be a dirty girl. It is good to be me.

I have 3 stories on here. Thinking a new one about....oh, nevermind. I don't want anyone to steal my idea. Do you know there are actually some very rude people around here? Such a shame.

Bye sexy runners.

I have run off and on - usually walk / run /walk /run ....

I am 6'1'' #225 and used to be #170 when I got married 17 years ago. I want to run - I need to run... I need to find that person I lost so long ago....

Congrats to those who run, you are my inspiration ....

bcre3306, that is a great time! Congrats!

Pieman, just take it a little at a time. Bicycling is awesome for mixing in every few days because of the lower impact on joints and such

A productive weekend for me...

Yesterday, I achieved my best 5km time for the last 12 months, and a new Personal Best on that course. :)

Today, I did a hilly 9 mile run as preparation for my half-marathon at the end of the month. I felt good all the way around. :D

Last edited:
10 mile race today. Very hilly. Crappy 1:36:41 time. Feeling annoyed but honestly I didn't train as diligently as I should have. Motivation to kick my own ass in preparation for my Half in 3 weeks

Where are all the runners this past week? Enjoyed the sunshine and a nice 4.8 mile run. Two weeks until my half!

The only reason I took up running is so I could follow women's asses! Nothing hotter than a fit runner chick ( or woman cyclist)

Back