The Official Authors' Hangout Valentine's Day 2019 Support Thread

oggbashan

Dying Truth seeker
Joined
Jul 3, 2002
Posts
56,017
I am posting this thread because the contest starts in less than six weeks. Writers should be thinking about Valentine's Day now to get a story submitted for the start.

Valentine's Day
themes: romantic love, Valentine's Day, Cupid, sensuality, etc.
starts: January 21
closes: February 5
winners announced: February 12


This thread is to SUPPORT and ENCOURAGE authors to enter stories in the 2019 Valentine's Day Contest. Get your characters romantic, steamed up, courting and sexy.

There is an advantage to entering stories in one of Literotica's themed contests, apart from the possibility of winning, and that is that your story gets far more exposure and attention than it would normally do.

Some of that attention might be unwelcome, some abusive, but some could be appreciative and helpful.
__________________


Extract from Welcome Authors! Please Read:

PLEASE NOTE: DO read ALL contest rules. We had many cases of authors not putting the proper phrase in the NOTES field, which meant that we couldn't find their submission and thus they were not entered in contests. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do read the special contest announcements when they are posted (usually around two weeks before the contest start).

The final post in the sticky Welcome Authors! Please Read gives the dates of all the 2019 themed contests. Valentine's Day is one of the most popular each year but you could start thinking about the other contests, or revising stories you didn't finish in time for the 2018 themes.
 
Reviewing a couple for that now. (Also looking out on 9 inches of what was supposed to be just a "dusting.")
 
Last edited:
I've got one that I started last year and plan to submit. I need to finish another story that's nearly done, first, and then I'll get cracking on the Valentine's story. Valentine's Day + bondage -- a great combination!
 
I've got one that I started last year and plan to submit. I need to finish another story that's nearly done, first, and then I'll get cracking on the Valentine's story. Valentine's Day + bondage -- a great combination!

I placed in a Valentines Day Contest with just such a mix.

I have a couple of stories I need to work on, given time.
 
If I had voices in my head, and if they told me to dust off some ideas and fucking WRITE them instead of me loitering at the writing forums, then I MIGHT spin-down some non-compliant projects (period epics, mostly) and spin-up some VD tales with O.Henry ends.

* A repressed community where 'valentine' is code for 'sub'. "I'll be your valentine" begs for chains. How to twist the ending?
* Parent-child or inter-sibling valentine exchanges that lead to the expected hilarity. A few twists come to mind. Hi, grandpa!
* VD cards sold by a Mad Scientist that drives recipients into horny frenzies. Incels send them to themselves and masturbate.
* A first-person present -tense account of doomed fucking as the plane is crashing on VD. Epilogue: the crash site is heart-shaped.

Or something else entirely.
 
Ha, I dunno if I can compete with those ideas Hypoxia gave! However, I made an absolutely lovely lesbian friend, via one of my stories this year, who's inspired me to finish a LS entry I'd been dabbling with-- so I'm all in on that.
 
I kinda dropped the ball and missed out on the December contest :'(

So I'll give this one a go...but I'm not a huge fan of Valentine's Day (no, I'm not bitter, not at all) so it is going to be a Valentine's Day erotic horror...that's a thing, right?
 
Oh no. Already! I’m doomed before I start.

I'm a little confounded. I have this neowestern in mind that could easily end at Valentine's Day, but the ending might seem a little tacked-on. The problem is that if I don't end it with Valentine's Day, then I don't have an ending yet.
 
Are you referring to "Bound"? I'll read that.

That be the one. Enjoy. ;)

I have another D/s story started that fits VD to a tee but it will probably take more time than I have. A redheaded muse always takes time.
 
I'm a little confounded. I have this neowestern in mind that could easily end at Valentine's Day, but the ending might seem a little tacked-on. The problem is that if I don't end it with Valentine's Day, then I don't have an ending yet.

Well, Tex inspired me. Chocolate, Valentines Day, a birthday surprise, and it’s going to be short because I have no time. Really, it will be!!!!
 
Sure it will. Umm, short is relative, right?

Short, she says, in as dignified a manner as possible, is 3 Literotica pages or 10k words. I have decided that that is short. For me. I can go no further because a single kiss is at least 500 words. And when one adds chocolate! Omg! The possibilities!
 
Short, she says, in as dignified a manner as possible, is 3 Literotica pages or 10k words. I have decided that that is short. For me. I can go no further because a single kiss is at least 500 words. And when one adds chocolate! Omg! The possibilities!

Maybe you shouldn't add chocolate. Adding chile is a whole 'nother dimension. Chocolate with chile? OMG!.
 
Maybe you shouldn't add chocolate. Adding chile is a whole 'nother dimension. Chocolate with chile? OMG!.

Noooo, no chile. DEFINITELY NO CHILE!!!!! And I am remembering back to party games. With Pocky's (they're these japanese biscuit sticks, delicious). Boy at one end, girl at the other and you nibble your way in..... and I refuse to say how old I was because, you know, LIT rules!!!! :eek:
 
Two months. Surely I can come up with something in two months. Yeah, I sure CAN come up with something in two months. But do I want to? What will drive me from my web of sloth? Maybe after the next eye procedure in a couple of days... but no, impaired vision is not my excuse. I need text snippets to tap my cerebellum and say, "Write me." Maybe follow Mark Twain's three-act structure: "Send your characters up a tree. Throw rocks at them. See if they climb down."

Valentine's Day: An exchange of cards leading to an exchange of body fluids. SF version: with remote lover, exchange blood+tissue samples instead of cards, then clone the sender for your local enjoyment. Multiple clones, maybe. Paleo version, the first VD: Stone-age cavepeople throw heart-shaped rocks at each other. EH version: Those are actual human hearts. Ick.

I can come up with something. Will it be twisted enough for me?
 
The voices in my head have ordered me to open up my mind and cross my own boundaries. They even gave me a rough story line to work with, which might be acceptable even for me.

Now I need to find those magic words that made her fall in love with him, and then all that is left to do is decorate that outline with words and sentences. I hope it will remain short, so I might actually be able to finish it.

The short part sounds about right to me...after foolishly choosing to screw-up a mini-epic on this last contest (well, an epic for me anyway :eek:). I've been brooding on one, I just need to figure out how to keep it short and sweet!
 
Last edited:
Saw this thread this morning... thought about it for maybe a week, no about five minutes. Started typing and just finished the first 2,500 or so words with lots of breaks for thinking, eating and playing games. I should have it finished by the deadline, though I might have to stop playing poker at lunch. ;)
 
I've got one that I started last year and plan to submit. I need to finish another story that's nearly done, first, and then I'll get cracking on the Valentine's story. Valentine's Day + bondage -- a great combination!

Crap, that's what how I was thinking of ending my story. I do have several other ending in mind, but a little light bondage at the end of the couples date.

Oh well.
 
Crap, that's what how I was thinking of ending my story. I do have several other ending in mind, but a little light bondage at the end of the couples date.

Oh well.

Well shoot, I could add some light amateur bondage very easily into my idea...I think my naive visitors would find that shocking! I think I'll do it ;)
 
Last edited:
Story of my life. For this one, I shall have another try. Short and sweet, she says, wondering how this can be done :eek:

Planning and writing a short story was my challenge when I first starting posting here. I set a target for words, planned the story, and edited until it fit my plan. The stories were very short (not knowing that Lit readers like longer stories), but it was different from the uncontrolled novels I'd written before I got here. There were important lessons.

For me, it was mostly about defining an end.
 
Planning and writing a short story was my challenge when I first starting posting here. I set a target for words, planned the story, and edited until it fit my plan. The stories were very short (not knowing that Lit readers like longer stories), but it was different from the uncontrolled novels I'd written before I got here. There were important lessons.

For me, it was mostly about defining an end.

I just had that struggle for a short story submission of off LIT. Word limit 8-10k. I ended up at 26k and I was still writing, realized I was waaaaay to long, cut it in half at an obvious dividing line and ended up submitting a 16k story which I may or may not have to chop back if it's accepted. I am hopeless at cutting. I always end up rewriting and adding more. And more. And....

I knew the story. And the start, a concrete end and the steps in between, but keeping the words tight is always a struggle.
 
Back
Top