Gamers - I Summon You

Oh shit, I have totally neglected this thread. GUYS, I just got through finishing up the 100% achievement mark on The Witcher 3 and I will never ever play that damn game ever again.

Ooooooooooooooooh my god, that was a total nightmare.

PERSONA 5 begins TOMORROW.... or... rather.... today.... sometime.... haha

Oh my god I'm so tired. I swear to god, I don't ever want to see anything Witcher related for the next 10 years. Ugh... 78 achievements with a total of 540 hours played.

I hope you guys had a wonderful weekend. I'll be back on today sometime... when I wake up from my Xanax + Benadryl coma. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......

*tucks in horns*
Nice to meet you, Satan :rose:

Eh you know, I think I'll stick with Chris. Satan just sounds too innocent for my standards. =P

thanks... I had PS3 for years and loved it. Loved the free online play & the bluray. I'm pissed that PS4 does not play PS3 games so now the 30+ PS3 games I have are worthless...

Still not sure which concole to buy. I'm so confused...damn it

Yeah, but PS3 games are particularly complicated compared to any other consoles in pretty much any generation. It's the only console that had split memory. They literally split the RAM, which complicates the way a game uses memory.

I don't know how computer savvy you are, but computers typically just have one pool of temporary memory that it uses to load the game on to. And while you're playing the game, the RAM is super fast and allows you to play unhindered by constant loading.

Well, the PS3 attempted to use extremely fast DDR5 RAM which is very fast compared to normal. But to do that financially, they had to create 2 separate pools of RAM. That's why at launch, the PS4 was over $500 which was a fuckton of money in 2007 especially. That caused a lot of problems, specifically for 3rd party developers. For instance, Skyrim on PS3 is literally not capable of playing continuously without eventually slowing down due to information overload. The game becomes unplayable. Now, Bethesda may have done something to fix that by now but knowing Bethesda, I doubt it...

So, the PS4 went back to one shared pool of memory. And it's complicated to take games designed for 2 pools of data and make them compatible with the PS4. Does that make sense?

Just got my PS4 pro and I very much enjoy the machine, though my 970 in the Asus rog does miss my company from time to time.. <(*-*<)

Yeah, I'm not sure what happened. For a while, Microsoft was knocking it out of the park. They were really starting to appeal to gamers by releasing games and then all of a sudden, when Scorpio was announced, all good stuff stopped.

PS4 started this generation with a massive lead and then just kind of fizzled out. Then Microsoft turned it into overdrive and was killing it. And now Sony is back to doing what it was doing. I'm not sure what happened there.

I love video games. Just got parappa the rapper on my PS4

I never played that game. I dunno... it just doesn't seem like a game for me, I guess? I don't even really know what it's about. :/

i have been meaning to play the witcher 3 but just dont have the time to invest in it yet.

i have been meaning to play the witcher 3 but just dont have the time to invest in it yet.

It has a great story. Some people say it's the Game of Thrones of videogames. I would agree to some extent. In many cases, there's no "good" ending for characters you meet along your journey. You have to make tough decisions. You might make a "moral" and "good" decision for an NPC only to find out 50 hours later that you were the reason they died.

The endings of the main story and the DLCs are sensitive to your dialog choices. And there are a lot of different endings. Minor differences but there are a lot.

Let me just say, the main story of this game, taking side quests and exploring out of the equation, is long as hell. Some of the sectioned storylines go on for what feels like eternity. When a certain event happens that makes you think you're at the end, you're ~60-70% done. That's a good thing for a first playthrough but a nightmare for achievement hunting.

It's good. The first DLC is 5-10 hours and the second is about 20 hours. Totally worth the extra cost. New gear, new places to explore, cool events, etc.

It has a great story. Some people say it's the Game of Thrones of videogames. I would agree to some extent. In many cases, there's no "good" ending for characters you meet along your journey. You have to make tough decisions. You might make a "moral" and "good" decision for an NPC only to find out 50 hours later that you were the reason they died.

The endings of the main story and the DLCs are sensitive to your dialog choices. And there are a lot of different endings. Minor differences but there are a lot.

Let me just say, the main story of this game, taking side quests and exploring out of the equation, is long as hell. Some of the sectioned storylines go on for what feels like eternity. When a certain event happens that makes you think you're at the end, you're ~60-70% done. That's a good thing for a first playthrough but a nightmare for achievement hunting.

It's good. The first DLC is 5-10 hours and the second is about 20 hours. Totally worth the extra cost. New gear, new places to explore, cool events, etc.

yep but i dont achievement hunt, not really appealing to me

definitely just want to play through once

Heya, I'm also a gamer, not too much a fan of console, unless it's single player racing games lol. or action.

I'm playing online comps in a game: CS:GO Counter Strike Global Offence. very good, quick and kills time :)

The only time I achievement hunted was Mass Effect 2, and oh my gawd, that was heavenly.

I did everything right, or at least I thought, in Mass Effect 2 and people still died. I was pissed. I think what got people killed was my directing at the end. I wasn't expecting the game to make me choose who goes where and does what.

Mass Effect 1 was awesome. Mass Effect 2 was awesome except the Cerberus Network because that was the beginning of publishers testing the waters with DRM. I never played Mass Effect 3 because at that point, I swore off EA altogether.

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnd Mass Effect: Andromeda is Worst Game of The Year 2017. LOL

Seriously fuck EA and Bioware.

Dice, the system of the real gamers!

:: ducks ::

I'd love to play table top but I don't know people who would be willing to have the patience to help me. I listen to long streams of Cyberpunk and the rules are vague and the players are kind of hard on the new guy.

Am I the only one that just plays sports & racing games?

I used to but EA Games makes way too much money selling roster updates. As far as racing goes, it's one of those things that I play for a short period of time and then quit. When the racing gets difficult, I quit. When I continuously fail going into the apex of a curve, I get pissed. And I'm told I need a steering wheel to really play the game properly and those cost a fortune.

Anyone playing H1Z1 or players on PC?

I have H1Z1 but it sits in my Steam library. After attempting to play ARMA II, I can't go back. The controls are just impossible. Plus, I hear that people will find a new player and take them hostage making them do stupid shit like getting naked.

yep but i dont achievement hunt, not really appealing to me

definitely just want to play through once

I don't achievement hunt either. But if you saw that my Steam profile is Witcher 3 themed, you'd know why I did it. It just didn't feel right.

I've only 100% a handful of games in reality. I can only think of four games. Dark Souls 3, Horizon Zero Dawn, FFXV, and TW3.

I did everything right, or at least I thought, in Mass Effect 2 and people still died. I was pissed. I think what got people killed was my directing at the end. I wasn't expecting the game to make me choose who goes where and does what.

Mass Effect 1 was awesome. Mass Effect 2 was awesome except the Cerberus Network because that was the beginning of publishers testing the waters with DRM. I never played Mass Effect 3 because at that point, I swore off EA altogether.

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnd Mass Effect: Andromeda is Worst Game of The Year 2017. LOL

Seriously fuck EA and Bioware.

I gave up in Mass Effect 1. Just didn't enjoy it. I did like Dragon Age: Inquisition, but admittedly played that before Mass Effect

I gave up in Mass Effect 1. Just didn't enjoy it. I did like Dragon Age: Inquisition, but admittedly played that before Mass Effect

When DA:I first came out, I could have sworn people were saying it was the best game ever 10/10 But now, I hear people talking shit about that game.

AngryJoe made a comment the other day about how bad it was, but when he reviewed it a year or so ago, he made it seem like GOTY

When DA:I first came out, I could have sworn people were saying it was the best game ever 10/10 But now, I hear people talking shit about that game.

AngryJoe made a comment the other day about how bad it was, but when he reviewed it a year or so ago, he made it seem like GOTY

That kinda makes sense to me. I enjoyed it, but I have no desire whatsoever to go back to replay it

people get paid for making newer games, seem more vital. Older games don't grow and thrive, but collect dust.

Few games, like wipEout for instance, reinvent themselves and gain fanbase, lucratively. Instead, most do little updates that barely fund the programmers, let alone line the CEO's and BOD's pockets.

I've already put in my reservation for DARK SOULS Remastered.
I had an xbox 360 and i was up to the part where finally i had gotten past the stupid bridge with the dragon. And then someone broke into my home and stole a lot of stuff including my 360 and all my games for it (as well as my ps4). I rebought the PS4 but alas dark souls was lost forever. I have dark souls 2 and 3 and bloodborne on the ps4---but once they announced DS 1 Remastered for this summer i went nuts. Supposedly it will use the DS3 engine and will have certain areas (such as blighttown) completely redone and of course have those nice hd visuals as well as a few "surprises." Who knows what that may mean?

On a completely different note--Monster Hunter World is really a lot better than i thought it would be. It is obvious a lot of love and care went into the making of that game.

Last edited:
I am huge fan of games. I have played a lot of videogames from different consoles including the PC. I like to play games such as solving puzzles, call of duty, final fantasy, Mario party, resident evil, need for speed, guitar hero, bomberman second attack, Kirby, super smash brothers and many more.

Oh shit, I have totally neglected this thread. GUYS, I just got through finishing up the 100% achievement mark on The Witcher 3 and I will never ever play that damn game ever again.

Ooooooooooooooooh my god, that was a total nightmare.

PERSONA 5 begins TOMORROW.... or... rather.... today.... sometime.... haha

Oh my god I'm so tired. I swear to god, I don't ever want to see anything Witcher related for the next 10 years. Ugh... 78 achievements with a total of 540 hours played.

I hope you guys had a wonderful weekend. I'll be back on today sometime... when I wake up from my Xanax + Benadryl coma. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......

Thats Crazy, 540 hours!? The first and only game I got 100% on is Tekken 7. Not nearly as many hours as that though. And I thought I felt proud of myself.. You deserve a friggin medal lol!

Has anyone played Fortnite yet? I think it's one of the most popular games out now. A few of my friends have been playing it. Is it worth getting it?

Back