Loving wives stories with good ending

When I ended a story like this. "The surrogate wife" The BTB crowd told me my hero was a wimp because he said "You can have the house and car" as he laid the divorce on her.

In the circumstance I think the wife would have wanted to fight if only so she could feel that she was worth fighting about. Knowing that there is nothing your spouse wouldn't give up in order to get away has to be the ultimate insult, but the BTB crowd just don't see it.

Perhaps I'm just being too subtle.

Your method is the same ploy Geronimo used much of the time with soldiers. Its SOP for guerillas. Some incidents aren't worth the candle.

When I ended a story like this. "The surrogate wife" The BTB crowd told me my hero was a wimp because he said "You can have the house and car" as he laid the divorce on her.

In the circumstance I think the wife would have wanted to fight if only so she could feel that she was worth fighting about. Knowing that there is nothing your spouse wouldn't give up in order to get away has to be the ultimate insult, but the BTB crowd just don't see it.

Perhaps I'm just being too subtle.

The problem is that you write stories based in reality. What the BTB crowd wants is a fantasy, where the unfaithful wife is punished commensurate with the perceived seriousness of her offense. If you don't give them their fantasy, they feel deprived and hurt. So they take it out on the author. Whether the story is well-written as a story doesn't seem to matter to many of them. I got jumped on the other day for pointing out that the first part of a three-part story was a complete story in and of itself, and pretty well done, but that the second and third installments really added nothing to the basic tale. But because I was criticizing the parts where the cheating wife was actually shown as an emotional wreck and reduced to helpless weeping, I'm suddenly the bad guy.

Divorce actions in the courts used to be about making a formal determination of who was at fault in causing an end to a marriage. (At one time in England, the law stipulated that if both spouses had committed adultery, a divorce could not be granted, because BOTH parties were at fault.) The laws in effect punished the spouse at fault, because all divorces were basically treated as torts.

Eventually lawmakers realized that there were all sorts of legitimate reasons for seeking a divorce which did not involve misbehavior on the part of one spouse, and so we entered the era of the no-fault divorce. Now a divorce is treated more like the dissolution of a business partnership. Which is much simpler and less time-consuming for the courts, but doesn't really do much to penalize the unfaithful spouse. And when the offended spouse is feeling terribly hurt and injured, often what they want is for the person they blame for how they feel to be forced to feel as bad as they do. And the courts don't work that way any more. Which is where we enter the realm of fantasy.

I wouldn't worry about your stories: they are head and shoulders above much of the stuff one sees in LW. Stories like "The Surrogate Wife" or "People Can Change" are infinitely better than drivel like mikoli5763's recent "The Fifty-Year Lie," both as stories, and as their reflection of reality.

If you are interested, I have a long story about a happily married woman who develops a passionate relationship with a woman. It's called An Affair of the Heart, and has a happy ending. May not be what you're looking for because of the lesbian aspect. Also, it is 17 Lit pages long, which turned off quite a few potential readers. The Loving Wives haters chewed it up and spit it out because of the way it ended. They wanted the wife to be tarred and feathered, or worse, but I didn't write it for them.

My very first story was a reconciliation story and you will notice that the more the story heads toward reconciliation, the lower my score was ;-) Don't pay attention to comments in this category. I personally removed all comments too crude although I might have missed a few. That first story was loosely based on reality but all the other story are just plain fun fiction that toy with different concept. Write what you like and forget the rest. You will soon learn to pay attention to some members and ignore the others.

I really liked People Can Change. Even though the character wasn't very likable at first, he redeemed himself in many ways. Ending was kind of a shock to say the least, though I should have seen it coming a mile away.

Thanks anyway

I really liked People Can Change. Even though the character wasn't very likable at first, he redeemed himself in many ways. Ending was kind of a shock to say the least, though I should have seen it coming a mile away.

Not sure this is the right place for your comment but thanks anyway.

I had a one night stand and am hoping my husband realizes

I had a one night stand with an old boyfriend. Did not mean for it to happen and the ramifications were horrible for all. I am still with my husband but he has laid some ground rules, he says,"I know that my being cripled has lead to this outcome, but the cat is out of the bag now. I know I can't keep you from something you need and we havent done in two years what you need, but from now on I want to meet your potential partners for saftys sake."
I am truely married to a man who is kind and understanding we will remain married and I know that it hurts him to know that I am going to be with other men, but he also blames himself for the MRSA abcess in his spine that took most the feeing below his waist. It hurts me to, but don't I desearve to have some bed fun like I like.
This afternoon I am bringing a man over to introduce him to my husband for the sake of safty, I will obsearve my husband closly to see his reaction.

Husband let me

I had been in trouble for a one night stand. Yet today my husband understood that me going to a motel with another man this morning was almost frantic. My husband just wants to make sure I am safe. The man I went with is one of his friends and knows some things about my husband I did not know. He told me what I did not know!
My husband suffered a MRSA abcess in his spine two and a half years ago that left him without feeling below his waist. He then had an intestinal bleed ten weeks ago that took his blood volume down to 5.1 and he had a right brain stroke in the proccess. He is still very weak and confused. He ended up in a stress center also when he told his couseler on the phone that he did not understand the reason for the expendature of resources to keep him alive. The man I went to a motel with is a friend of his like I said, and he told me why he made that statement.
Now I feel intensly guilty about having a great time when I should be at home with my husband taking care of him. I found out and verified with his doctor that the MRSA is still active and doing enough damage inside of him that they are giving him a max of three years befor the damage starts to kill him fast. I will go back to him and be the dutifull wife.

I think that having a 'Burn the Bitch' category would be a great idea, for those that like that sort of thing

I'm looking for some stories where the Loving stories end where the cheating husband/wife gets back together with the person they cheated with.

Well, as far as I can remember I haven't killed off any wives... yet... :rolleyes:

Happy endings and BTB

First, it might be helpful to stop imagining BTB story writers and commenters as all Bible thumpers or political conservatives. In my experience, these are mostly guys with a personal axe to grind over a past relationship where a wife or girlfriend cheated on them (or they believed she did). To most of them it isn't a religious/moral question so much as it is a personal feeling of betrayal. The woman broke the contract :vowed, written, stated or implied, so she has to be punished or the universe is unbalanced.
Granted, a lot of this philosophy comes from a traditional view of relationships, but I think most people would assume marital fidelity is supposed to be a constant, unless something different is agreed to before the fact, not after.
Second, I personally like happy endings in most of the story categories, even L.W. I like to balance an aquired cynicism with some kind of hope for the future. The problem is that if you create a story where trust is broken, you have a hell of a time reestablishing it in the context of a erotic story where you have to keep the readers' interest and still do justice to the usually long and painful process that involves.
It's also a bit unfair to simply assume the guys who write this stuff are all hypocrites who don't have a problem with male infidelity in the stories. The deepest outrage comes when you KNOW you lived up to an expectation, but the person you trusted the most didn't, for whatever reason.

The need to divide the LW Catagory

If you look, you can find four to five different type of stories in the LW section. Starting with BTB, then go through the surprise divorce, the reconciliation, to life lived well after, to polyandry and finally the wimp cuckold. And then a few that straddle those or encompass different aspects of those depending on the talent of the writer.
The only problem is, the readership. Let's face the facts, if someone writes a reconciliation, or wimp, or poly... story, they will be lambasted by the BTB crowd. There is nothing wrong with the story. It can be well written, without any mistakes, have a plot, and great character development. But... it WILL be voted down! If you have a story that deals with cheating, but the main character is into open sexuality, you will be voted down. For some strange reason, people cannot equate cheating with breaking the rules. If the rules allow for an open relationship, then it is not cheating etc...
So, I and a lot of other people feel, that LW needs to be segmented. That way if you want to read a BTB story, you can go to that section. If a person wants to read a sharing, cuckold story, ditto. It would make it easier to find the type of story you want to read, and save some good writers from being tarred and feathered from a group that have their personal ax to grind.
Now, getting back to this thread. Did you want a story of reconciliation, or a story where they get back together and the wife finds herself pulled back to the guy she cheated with? Like the tale of two lovers? Now, that would be an interesting story to write. But if I did, I don't think I'd post it here. Just to save myself the abuse of those that would shout me down because they feel if a woman fucks anyone but them, they need to be stoned like witch's of old.

I suspect LW is populated by a horde of lonely, angry young men whose social skills are so crude they live with Ma and collect SSI or SSD. Theyre chronic malcontents.

Ignore them and delete their nonsense.

Happy Ending

Read my 'A Modern Love Story'
I've had some great feedback for it too.

Read my 'A Modern Love Story'
I've had some great feedback for it too.

I read the 1st paragraph and stopped. Its classic Brady Bunch.

Its the story of a lovely lady, who was busy raising 3 lovely girls. All of them had hair of gold like their mother, the youngest one in curls.

No it's not.

I read the 1st paragraph and stopped. Its classic Brady Bunch.

Its the story of a lovely lady, who was busy raising 3 lovely girls. All of them had hair of gold like their mother, the youngest one in curls.

What are you talking about? Not my story that's for sure!

If you look, you can find four to five different type of stories in the LW section. Starting with BTB, then go through the surprise divorce, the reconciliation, to life lived well after, to polyandry and finally the wimp cuckold. And then a few that straddle those or encompass different aspects of those depending on the talent of the writer.
The only problem is, the readership. Let's face the facts, if someone writes a reconciliation, or wimp, or poly... story, they will be lambasted by the BTB crowd. There is nothing wrong with the story. It can be well written, without any mistakes, have a plot, and great character development. But... it WILL be voted down! If you have a story that deals with cheating, but the main character is into open sexuality, you will be voted down. For some strange reason, people cannot equate cheating with breaking the rules. If the rules allow for an open relationship, then it is not cheating etc...
So, I and a lot of other people feel, that LW needs to be segmented. That way if you want to read a BTB story, you can go to that section. If a person wants to read a sharing, cuckold story, ditto. It would make it easier to find the type of story you want to read, and save some good writers from being tarred and feathered from a group that have their personal ax to grind.
Now, getting back to this thread. Did you want a story of reconciliation, or a story where they get back together and the wife finds herself pulled back to the guy she cheated with? Like the tale of two lovers? Now, that would be an interesting story to write. But if I did, I don't think I'd post it here. Just to save myself the abuse of those that would shout me down because they feel if a woman fucks anyone but them, they need to be stoned like witch's of old.

The problem I think with some stories in LW is that they would be better suited in the Fetish section such as the cuckold type stories. Those types of stories in Fetish seem to get good scores and positive feedback unlike when there posted in LW and get hammered.

The problem I think with some stories in LW is that they would be better suited in the Fetish section such as the cuckold type stories. Those types of stories in Fetish seem to get good scores and positive feedback unlike when there posted in LW and get hammered.

I think the category name confuses people. I thought 'Loving Wives' was about, well, wives loving other men and such. I basically took it to mean stories about swinging, open relationships, infidelity that becomes open etc. Even cuckolding stories (which I had never thought of before I read some stories on it) seem to fit.

What I didn't expect were the BTB types, and boy do they hate my writing.

So how funny is it that I knew about swinging, threesomes and fetishes, but it didn't occur to me that packs of misogynists would be trolling an erotic story board titled 'Loving Wives' that helped them feel better about their hatred of women.

I think we need a new story category to attract these BTB types out of something called 'Loving Wives' because I don't see any of them loving women at all.

I think the category name confuses people. I thought 'Loving Wives' was about, well, wives loving other men and such. I basically took it to mean stories about swinging, open relationships, infidelity that becomes open etc. Even cuckolding stories (which I had never thought of before I read some stories on it) seem to fit.

What I didn't expect were the BTB types, and boy do they hate my writing.

So how funny is it that I knew about swinging, threesomes and fetishes, but it didn't occur to me that packs of misogynists would be trolling an erotic story board titled 'Loving Wives' that helped them feel better about their hatred of women.

I think we need a new story category to attract these BTB types out of something called 'Loving Wives' because I don't see any of them loving women at all.

You're quite correct. The description after the heading states: Married extra-marital fun: swinging, sharing & more.

Somehow, that is entirely lost on the BTB crowd.

The problem, as you mentioned, is the title. It should have been called "Hot Wives." That wouldn't have driven off all the trolls, but it would have given them one less crutch to lean on.

Nicole Six

Nice to hear from her. She's one of the best authors on here but hasn't written for some time

For preference on subject matter, I enjoy reconciliation stories. I am ambivalent enough to also enjoy the occasional BTB stories. I do have to wonder at some of the outrageous comments as there seems to be a real disconnect in some reader's mind in being unable to distinguish between fiction (even if based on 'real life') and the fact of real life itself. I quickly ended up by being morbidly fascinated by the comments section alone (read my profile). There also appears to me to be a cultural divide between the USA based writers and readers and those from Europe and this is, again, reflected on this site. I have to say that I have lived in Florida for a while and will be returning. The big divide in Social America today, vis-a-vis recent politics, bears this out. However, there is an 'off' button in all of us. I just wonder at the sanity of many on this site. I tend to read more in the Romance section these days, there is less gratuitous crudity. In the end, it is all just words. My only personal comments on stories have always been positive ones, never, ever negative and, sadly, to only a very few writers. As an aside, I have yet to read a story with no technical errors (?). If a contributer likes writing and submitting (anything); then write away to your heart's content, you are doing your 'thing' and that's all there is to bother about.

I'm looking for some stories where the Loving stories end where the cheating husband/wife gets back together with the person they cheated with. I know everyone hates to see this happen, but I like to read about the journey it takes to get to that conclusion.

Apparently this is a subject that most people dislike as they find it unrealistic. But it is something I like to read. Not everything has to be realistic, right? Does anyone have any good stories they can recommend? I especially like reading ohio's Ari 2-part series.

One of the best of this ilk IMO is " The Middle Case " by Clocas

Last edited:
Back