Loving wives stories with good ending

LoveAE

Virgin
I'm looking for some stories where the Loving stories end where the cheating husband/wife gets back together with the person they cheated with. I know everyone hates to see this happen, but I like to read about the journey it takes to get to that conclusion.

Apparently this is a subject that most people dislike as they find it unrealistic. But it is something I like to read. Not everything has to be realistic, right? Does anyone have any good stories they can recommend? I especially like reading ohio's Ari 2-part series.

About half of StangStar06's stories end with a reconciliation. Unfortunately from your point of view, it's not always obvious at the beginning which sort of story you are reading.

My own "Unexpected Revelations" involves a husband forgiving a wife who confesses to an affair, but from what you've said, I doubt it's precisely the sort of story you are looking for.

I'm looking for some stories where the Loving stories end where the cheating husband/wife gets back together with the person they cheated with. I know everyone hates to see this happen, but I like to read about the journey it takes to get to that conclusion.

Apparently this is a subject that most people dislike as they find it unrealistic.

I do not understand why that would be "unrealistic." I certainly see why many who have had a "cheating" significant other are drawn to tales ending with comeuppances, yet the tale of reconciliation sounds far more gratifying as erotica. And I am certain many couples "overcome" the affair.

Why not have love triumph, or see such a great conflict and tribulation in a relationship have a meaningful ending? I personally think it is a stronger story that can be more realistic about the complex journey of life and love. So I guess I am with you in the minority.

Lord_Gro, thanks for the suggestions, I'll definitely look into them.

MichaelWest, I definitely feel the same way. I've been very disappointed to see commentary in the Loving Wives section that show a great deal of people believe that if a spouse cheats, it is completely unforgivable act. A lot of stories like to punish the cheating husband/wife for their betrayal, and in many circumstances it may be unforgivable. I don't have first experience with this happening to me, but I do have had dozens of friends who have been cheated on by girlfriends, boyfriends, though none are married yet.

But under certain RARE circumstances, I think it's very possible for couples to reunite, and when they do, they might just realize just how much they love each other; I believe it a very beautiful thing when this happens. Our lives are full of tragedies and disappointment, but I find it incredibly romantic when these hurdles can be overcome through storytelling. I've found well told stories are almost as heart pounding and page turning as stories dealing mainly with sex.

MichaelWest - In the real world, couples reconcile after an episode of infidelity all the time. It is not unusual in the least. The traditional advice from a counselor in such cases is "Are you going to better off with him/her, or without him/her? Figure that out, and then you will know what to do."

The readers over at Loving Wives, though, include a large number of people (many of them from the Anonymous family,) who are so filled with anger that they cannot accept any story where an unfaithful spouse is not made to suffer some sort of dire fate. There is something of a double standard present as well, because for many of these readers, wives are expected to be totally faithful, but a little sex on the side occasionally is fine for the husband, especially if the extracurricular partner is totally hot...

The comments at LW are infamous for being really hard on authors. I could describe it, but the best way to see this is to go read some of the stories and see for yourself.

LoveAE - You might also want to look at Night Scribe's work. I suspect that his series "It Was Just Sex, Honey," and "Sometimes Love Is Not Enough," are exactly the sorts of story you are looking for.

Lord_Gro, I'm unable to find any stories under your name? Is there another name you go under?

The more I ponder it the more I am covinced that a great story lies in the heartache of betrayal and the triumph of reconciliation. I populate my stories with married people because that is still the norm for mature, middle-class people. And I believe infidelity is not at all uncommon. And further I feel reconciliation is at least as common as divorce and both are far more routine than murder. When I write such a story it will likely not attract applause from the readers who want blood, but since they aren't paying for my art I don't feel I owe them what they want. I don't write here to have my ego stroked or be lifted on adoring shoulders. I write to craft stories I like.

My suspicion is that those who hate unfaithful spouses are themselves unfaithful. They cannot imagine their spouse staying if discovered or worse would hate them if they loved them that much. That is real tragedy, yet likely too realistic for the fine fiction here. Perhaps I will write that too.

Personally, I wasn't particularly impressed with StangStar06's stories. They were well written, but the plot always felt overtly cruel to cheating spouses.

Your story was pretty good Lord_Gro, do you think you'll ever write the story about when the husband found out about the wife's infidelity?

Your story was pretty good Lord_Gro, do you think you'll ever write the story about when the husband found out about the wife's infidelity?

Probably not. I'd have to figure out what actually happened beyond what was described in "Unexpected Revelations." And that would probably spoil "Unexpected Revelations" for me as a story. You see, I don't know what John did to Miranda's lover either...

I have some other, rather longer pieces I'm currently working on. Some include a reconciliation, and some do not. And there's at least one where I don't yet know what's going to happen. That's part of the fun of being a writer. Even a very amateur one.

Good Ending

Would you classify a "good ending" as one in which the wife cuckolds the husband with his consent, humiliates him and then the affair ends and the wife returns to the husband?

If so, my "Indian Wife Vidya" series may be for you, especially the first chapter, which is the wife trying to help the husband out. My author name is "spankedboy".

For some reason I can't paste the URL here without garbling it.

try these

Apparently this is a subject that most people dislike as they find it unrealistic. But it is something I like to read. Not everything has to be realistic, right? Does anyone have any good stories they can recommend? I especially like reading ohio's Ari 2-part series.

If that's what you like then here are some

http://www.literotica.com/s/what-are-friends-for-24

http://www.literotica.com/s/secrets-and-lies
http://www.literotica.com/s/secrets-and-lies-ch-02

http://www.literotica.com/s/me-time

Personally I like happy endings (though not necessarily for everyone) Reconciliation is not that unrealistic. Many couples do but it can take years. I know of one couple who have been apart for ten years. The husband left her and is now coming round to use her as a shoulder to cry on. She is convinced he wants to come back and she will take him back, after he has worked for it.

[smacks himself in the forehead with the flat of his hand]

DeYaKen,

I've liked your work in general, and should have remembered your stories to recommend them.

Loving wives is a weird place, and yeah, a lot of the people are over the top, when you get death threats for criticizing comments that are over the top, or liking a story they didn't like. Lot of them are middle america, misogynistic and full of hate, and they just can't wait to dump on a cheating wife. What is really pathetic is when it isn't cheating, when it is 3somes, consensual sharing, whatever, and we get all these earnest, dyed in the wool, presumably Catholic types with their "Marriage is between a man and a woman, and you swear to be faithful to each other, until death do you part..."...really? If a couple decides they like swinging or threesomes or get off on the cuck stuff, they are faithful to each other, since they are doing it consensually (the cuck stories where the wife basically tells hubby she is doing it, and if he doesn't like it, leave, suck IMO, blackmail and coercion is not mutual)..what these clucks can't understand is that vows are between the two people (or more if they happen to be poly), and these judgemental, religious morons seem to think that they have the right to decide that..more importantly, what the hell are they doing on a site like this in the first place? Last I checked, the Pope and Cardinal Fungi thought this was lust *lol*.

I am working on my first story that should prove to be an interesting shitstorm maker, to say the least, it is basically about how far a marriage can be damaged, hurt, whatever, and have them reconcile, I have painted them into a pretty deep, dark corner, will be interesting to see if I can get them out. I am sure the Fox News crowd will excoriate me, call me a slut, a wimp, and various other names, tell me to die, get AIDS and die again, but as someone once said, consider the source. And if anyone enjoys it, that is all I care about......

Loving wives is a weird place, and yeah, a lot of the people are over the top, when you get death threats for criticizing comments that are over the top, or liking a story they didn't like. Lot of them are middle america, misogynistic and full of hate, and they just can't wait to dump on a cheating wife. What is really pathetic is when it isn't cheating, when it is 3somes, consensual sharing, whatever, and we get all these earnest, dyed in the wool, presumably Catholic types with their "Marriage is between a man and a woman, and you swear to be faithful to each other, until death do you part..."...really? If a couple decides they like swinging or threesomes or get off on the cuck stuff, they are faithful to each other, since they are doing it consensually (the cuck stories where the wife basically tells hubby she is doing it, and if he doesn't like it, leave, suck IMO, blackmail and coercion is not mutual)..what these clucks can't understand is that vows are between the two people (or more if they happen to be poly), and these judgemental, religious morons seem to think that they have the right to decide that..more importantly, what the hell are they doing on a site like this in the first place? Last I checked, the Pope and Cardinal Fungi thought this was lust *lol*.

I am working on my first story that should prove to be an interesting shitstorm maker, to say the least, it is basically about how far a marriage can be damaged, hurt, whatever, and have them reconcile, I have painted them into a pretty deep, dark corner, will be interesting to see if I can get them out. I am sure the Fox News crowd will excoriate me, call me a slut, a wimp, and various other names, tell me to die, get AIDS and die again, but as someone once said, consider the source. And if anyone enjoys it, that is all I care about......

Truth is usually the point of no return for a relationship. I HADNT THOUGHT ABOUT IT, BUT YES THOSE PANTS DO MAKE YOUR ASS LOOK BIGGER!

You get a following

George Bernard Shaw once said "an Englishman can make enemies of half the room just by opening his mouth". In loving wives you can alienate half the world (or at least the USA) just by writing a story.

Many people, usually of questionable parentage,(they don't seem to have a name) will slag you off simply because you didn't tell the story they wanted you to. It seems that many of these people are incapable of separating the story from the author. If you allow your characters to reconcile then you personally are a wimp. If your character goes for a Burn the Bitch attitude then you are a real man. Of course, there are exceptions. If you are British there are some readers who will brand you personally as a wimp no matter what story you write. Racism is alive and well on lit.

None of this should stop you posting. I think it is my duty to make people think, to stir up emotions. If they love or hate my story that's fine. The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference. The real disappointment is if no one comments.

Burn the Bitch stories are much easier to write because you don't have to try to get inside the female psyche. You just write a one sided story in which the female is the ultimate villain ( I'm doing it and there is nothing you can do to stop me type.) I've only written one of these and even that was not harsh enough for some. It seems that unless you physically hurt the wife you can't be a man. To my mind telling the wife she can have everything and walking away is more hurtful than anything. It is like saying "I'll give up everything I have, just to be free of you."

I will continue to write stories that I like and will strive to include the female point of view. (one reason why I like female editors when and if I can find them)

Last edited:
Truth is usually the point of no return for a relationship. I HADNT THOUGHT ABOUT IT, BUT YES THOSE PANTS DO MAKE YOUR ASS LOOK BIGGER!

The problem with questions like "Does this outfit make me look fat?" is that most of the time the question that is REALLY being asked isn't explicitly stated, and there's no good way to answer the explicit question without someone winding up angry. And then one has to GUESS which of the several possible unspoken questions is actually being asked. But this isn't really a thread about differences in the way men and women communicate.

I'd have to disagree about truth and honesty being corrosive to a relationship. Of course, I've only been married to the same woman for thirty-one years, so I probably don't have enough experience to be able to give an informed opinion.

Loving wives is a weird place, and yeah, a lot of the people are over the top, when you get death threats for criticizing comments that are over the top, or liking a story they didn't like.

I got taken to task the other day by a member of the Anonymous clan for having dared to criticize a BTB story on the grounds that it was poorly constructed. Evidently you're only allowed to be critical if the score of your last story is higher than the score on the story you're criticizing.

The comments in LW are yet more proof that while it's not entirely clear if man is a rational animal, there is no doubt that he is a rationalizing one.

Case in point: in the comments to my only published story so far, several people whom I think of as being in the "BTB or death" crowd gave it positive comments. Yet it's got a reconciliation in it. Go figure.

Many people, usually of questionable parentage,(they don't seem to have a name) will slag you off simply because you didn't tell the story they wanted you to. It seems that many of these people are incapable of separating the story from the author. If you allow your characters to reconcile then you personally are a wimp. If your character goes for a Burn the Bitch attitude then you are a real man. Of course, there are exceptions. If you are British there are some readers who will brand you personally as a wimp no matter what story you write. Racism is alive and well on lit.

None of this should stop you posting. I think it is my duty to make people think, to stir up emotions. If they love or hate my story that's fine. The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference. The real disappointment is if no one comments.

The comments that matter to me are the ones from the people who obviously get what I was trying to do with the story. The rest are mostly just background noise. And then there are the few who are just completely without a clue...

To my mind telling the wife she can have everything and walking away is more hurtful than anything. It is like saying "I'll give up everything I have, just to be free of you."

Yes. Saying, in effect, "You aren't worth the effort it would take to fight over this. I'm out of here." is about the ultimate put-down, especially given the degree that narcissism seems to be tied up with infidelity.

Too subtle

Yes. Saying, in effect, "You aren't worth the effort it would take to fight over this. I'm out of here." is about the ultimate put-down, especially given the degree that narcissism seems to be tied up with infidelity.

When I ended a story like this. "The surrogate wife" The BTB crowd told me my hero was a wimp because he said "You can have the house and car" as he laid the divorce on her.

In the circumstance I think the wife would have wanted to fight if only so she could feel that she was worth fighting about. Knowing that there is nothing your spouse wouldn't give up in order to get away has to be the ultimate insult, but the BTB crowd just don't see it.

Perhaps I'm just being too subtle.

The problem with questions like "Does this outfit make me look fat?" is that most of the time the question that is REALLY being asked isn't explicitly stated, and there's no good way to answer the explicit question without someone winding up angry. And then one has to GUESS which of the several possible unspoken questions is actually being asked. But this isn't really a thread about differences in the way men and women communicate.

I'd have to disagree about truth and honesty being corrosive to a relationship. Of course, I've only been married to the same woman for thirty-one years, so I probably don't have enough experience to be able to give an informed opinion.

Your comments remind of an incident I observed in college long ago. The course was human sexual behavior, and the topic was anal sex. We had watched a vid of anal sex and were discussing it when a young woman said, ITS TOTALLY DISGUSTING AND ONLY PERVERTS LIKE THAT SORT OF THING! No sooner were the words out of her mouth before her boyfriend added, YOU LIKED IT FINE LAST NIGHT! That was the end of that romance.

I cracked my first psychology book 46 years ago, and its taken me till now to GET the method in the madness of human social intercourse.

Back