Incest or Erotic?

gordo12

Experienced
Joined
Sep 9, 2011
Posts
2,877
Some thoughts about how to categorize this one?

It reads like incest for the first 90%+ only in the last bit will you find out it wasn't.

My thoughts are the readership in incest will appreciate the story more, but be disappointed at the end.

Erotic will hate most of the story until they get to the end... if they get that far before flaming it.

I'll have to explain it to Laurel in the notes.

Thoughts?
 
If it has any incest in it at all, put it there. Some of us won't read that.
 
My thoughts are the readership in incest will appreciate the story more, but be disappointed at the end.
You could pander to the IT audience with an incestuous postscript.
You could accept that you won't receive a high vote score.
You could throw in some kinks and post in Fetish.
Or add tentacles and go with Fantasy.
Threesomes will work for Group.
 
@Gordo, I'll ask a usual question: Why do you post on LIT? For yourself? For practice? To gain approval? If the last, your best bet is to pander to a category's usual readers. But you may be surprised. I posted a story in Group as explicitly non-incest, but close (new step-family fucking), and it scored well. The sequel went to IT because it IS explicitly incest -- and it scored lower. Go figure.

I've also included incest in Group stories, but not as the major theme. Group seems pretty forgiving. Just add some threesomes.
 
I did just the opposite, the story read like erotic horror or even loving wives, but I put it in Incest because at the end your find they are related. :D
 
You will get the biggest audience if you post it in incest. That's what I usually go for. I'm less concerned about the score than with trying to connect with the largest number of readers who will enjoy the story, although I make an exception in the case of LW stories, where I try to avoid the hostile crowd.

Many incest readers probably will be disappointed in the ending, so your score will suffer in incest. But the total number of readers that enjoy your story probably will be higher than if you post it elsewhere.
 
You could pander to the IT audience with an incestuous postscript.
You could accept that you won't receive a high vote score.
You could throw in some kinks and post in Fetish.
Or add tentacles and go with Fantasy.
Threesomes will work for Group.

Tentacles, now why didn't I think of that. Would have solved it all :D
 
Just remember that all tentacles must explicitly be described as being at least 18 Earth years of age. Yeah, this site cracks me up sometimes.
My telepathic radioactive squids are all old, wise, and manipulative. I'm not sure about female giant preying mantids -- but if they're adults in their species, they're OK here. I morphed underage humans into adult banana slugs with no problem. Fuckers must be 18 only if they appear to be humans. I've seen few tentacled humans. Outside of politics, anyway.
 
Can you do a slight of hand, where there's an incest scene there to justify it being in the incest category despite the main story not actually being one?
 
Can you do a slight of hand, where there's an incest scene there to justify it being in the incest category despite the main story not actually being one?

No, there isn't a shred of actual incest in the story and real incest wouldn't fit. The twist at the end takes care of that, But not till that point. Everything up to there you would swear is incest. I'm hoping they'll enjoy the story enough to applaud the ending. I know Laurel is firm on incest = incest category so I don't think I can escape that.

Tentacles pretty much solve all story problems.

Yes, it's made Japan a very happy nation. So many tentacle films, so many happy wankers ;)
 
[This content has been removed due to a copyright violation.]
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top