Looking for test reader into fantasy

Hi, I'm looking for an editor/test reader/person who likes fantasy or loosely historical fiction in particular. I'm trying to write a low-or-no-magic series of erotic stories that will stand on its own merits even without sex. There's a particular focus on intrigue rather than heroic hijinks.

I don't need a grammarian, more a person with lots of opinions and ideas. Harshness is fine. Sarcastic unhelpfulness is not.

Sexual content: m/f, f/f, group sex, possibly m/m, cousin incest. 3rd person POV, with both male and female perspectives. I'm trying to make sure there's a broader appeal than just men or just women.

Non-sexual content: There will be violence, murder and killing. It's part of the plot and it won't be excessive or gratuitous. It will be less gory than A Song of Ice and Fire. There will be swearing too, though given this website I doubt that will bother anyone.

Setting: Fictional, homebrew universe. Culture, military and fashion is vaguely pre-enlightenment, post-renaissance; technology is 19th- century for a steampunk flair.

Send me a PM if interested.

UPDATE:
Alright, I've finished the first draft of the first part, and I'm just doing a couple rounds of revision before I actually send it to people. It's a little under 10,000 words. My spelling and grammar is generally pretty good, so I'm not looking for someone to go over it line-by-line but someone who could give me their general impressions, what they think is weak and/or strong, etc.

Another note: it turns out there's no sex in this chapter. I was planning on something, but it felt a bit shoehorned and distracting. There's just a bit of teasing now. I don't want to get anyone's hopes up for fast, gratuitous sex. In my own writing I prefer to develop tension a bit more slowly... so yeah.

Again, please PM if you're interested.

Last edited:
""Will be"? how far off finished is it"

A bit over half way.

My original estimate word count was way off. It is 6,000 words right now, and so the first part will be about 10,000 words.

I'd say your best bet would be to wait until it's finished and ask then. I'd probably look at it if I had no other commitments and I'm sure I wouldn't be the only one

Alright, I've finished the first draft of the first part, and I'm just doing a couple rounds of revision before I actually send it to people. It's a little under 10,000 words. My spelling and grammar is generally pretty good, so I'm not looking for someone to go over it line-by-line but someone who could give me their general impressions, what they think is weak and/or strong, etc.

Another note: it turns out there's no sex in this chapter. I was planning on something, but it felt a bit shoehorned and distracting. There's just a bit of teasing now. I don't want to get anyone's hopes up for fast, gratuitous sex. In my own writing I prefer to develop tension a bit more slowly... so yeah.

Again, please PM if you're interested.

Back