Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > BDSM Talk > BDSM Cafe

Old 03-27-2014, 07:11 PM   #601
Sir_Winston54
Assume the position!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetdaisymae View Post
I just heard today that my friend, who has just adopted a little girl, has been diagnosed with breast cancer.
It seems that it is one of the less aggressive forms and the prognosis is good.
Surgery and radiotherapy are in the immediate future.

I bloody hate cancer!
Th UK portion of the good-vibes antenna farm has a new one sprouting for your friend.
Legal Notice and Attorney's CYA Requirements: The author of this post is not an attorney, physician, or marital or sexual therapist or counselor (nor does he play any or all of the above on television). All opinions are offered only as the viewpoint(s) of an individual with a certain amount of life experience, and should not be considered to be legal, medical, or therapeutic/counseling advice.

Grammar: The difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit.
[Jacked from Wenchie's friend's Facebook page. Thanks!]

If you or a loved one has been attacked by cancer
and you're not familiar with the "Fuck You, Cancer" thread,
click the button above.

Old 03-27-2014, 08:29 PM   #602
blulilacgrl
Viva la Tarte!

Sorry to have been out of the loop for so long.

Desertslave & badjanus~ I am so sorry for your loss.

SirWinston~ give 'em hell!

Sister is in a bit of a weird situation. She was all set to start clinical trials when something showed up on the scans. She has had to have 3 spinal taps in the past few weeks. Luckily the first 2 have come back clear of cancerous cells in the brain. But she is having pain in her hip and so the trial will have to be pushed back until she finishes radiation.

On top of that she can't seem to keep her hemoglobin number over a 7/8. So she will going in this week for another transfusion. She had a transfusion 2 weeks ago but the number just won't fuckin' budge.

And yet with all of that, she is still kickin' ass and pushin' through.

My postive thoughts and prayers go out to everyone fighting the good fight against this sometimes unrelenting bastard. FYC!

Before you PM, introduce yourself. You can find me here... Mama Blu's
And for those especially daring folks... you can show off your hands here

Old 03-28-2014, 03:34 AM   #603
IrisAlthea
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by blulilacgrl View Post
Sorry to have been out of the loop for so long.

Desertslave & badjanus~ I am so sorry for your loss.

SirWinston~ give 'em hell!

Sister is in a bit of a weird situation. She was all set to start clinical trials when something showed up on the scans. She has had to have 3 spinal taps in the past few weeks. Luckily the first 2 have come back clear of cancerous cells in the brain. But she is having pain in her hip and so the trial will have to be pushed back until she finishes radiation.

On top of that she can't seem to keep her hemoglobin number over a 7/8. So she will going in this week for another transfusion. She had a transfusion 2 weeks ago but the number just won't fuckin' budge.

And yet with all of that, she is still kickin' ass and pushin' through.

My postive thoughts and prayers go out to everyone fighting the good fight against this sometimes unrelenting bastard. FYC!
I'm sorry Blu!
It's increadibly taxing when everything seems to be in a suspended state, waiting for lab results.
I hope the hemoglobin starts behaving soon.

Old 03-28-2014, 07:53 PM   #604
blulilacgrl
Viva la Tarte!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrisAlthea View Post
I'm sorry Blu!
It's increadibly taxing when everything seems to be in a suspended state, waiting for lab results.
I hope the hemoglobin starts behaving soon.
Thanks! Today was a really bad day for me. Isn't that saying something? She went in and ended up getting a double transfusion, so 4 hours at the hospital. And I am the one feeling completely wiped out. But she says she is feeling a little better, it takes a little time for it to kick in completely.

Before you PM, introduce yourself. You can find me here... Mama Blu's
And for those especially daring folks... you can show off your hands here

Old 04-01-2014, 04:04 PM   #605
midwestyankee
Perv on!

Just got the Blue Cross statement from my first of 12 chemo treatments. Consider my mind blown at the $12,400 list price for a single treatment session. Fortunately, BC is in our corner on this and we've already met deductible/out of pocket limits for the year. But still, the numbers are horrifyingly high. Hard to imagine facing this with little or no insurance coverage.

On the other hand, I finished the first two-week period of treatment and rest with almost no unpleasant side effects apart from some cold-induced neuropathy and fatigue, both of which are temporary. And, I've started to shed a bit of unwanted weight by changing my diet to be far more cancer-preventive yet packed with all the necessary nutrition.

"I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit a better argument than that." Internet poster by your ecards.

Old 04-01-2014, 07:22 PM   #606
wicked woman
from my travels

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwestyankee View Post
Just got the Blue Cross statement from my first of 12 chemo treatments. Consider my mind blown at the $12,400 list price for a single treatment session. Fortunately, BC is in our corner on this and we've already met deductible/out of pocket limits for the year. But still, the numbers are horrifyingly high. Hard to imagine facing this with little or no insurance coverage.

On the other hand, I finished the first two-week period of treatment and rest with almost no unpleasant side effects apart from some cold-induced neuropathy and fatigue, both of which are temporary. And, I've started to shed a bit of unwanted weight by changing my diet to be far more cancer-preventive yet packed with all the necessary nutrition.

And worth every penny although I hear you on the no insurance issue. All great news Yank.

Old 04-01-2014, 07:24 PM   #607
Curious_in_Cali
~~word lover~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by blulilacgrl View Post
Thanks! Today was a really bad day for me. Isn't that saying something? She went in and ended up getting a double transfusion, so 4 hours at the hospital. And I am the one feeling completely wiped out. But she says she is feeling a little better, it takes a little time for it to kick in completely.

Quote:
On the other hand, I finished the first two-week period of treatment and rest with almost no unpleasant side effects apart from some cold-induced neuropathy and fatigue, both of which are temporary. And, I've started to shed a bit of unwanted weight by changing my diet to be far more cancer-preventiveyet packed with all the necessary nutrition.
Yay!

Last edited by Curious_in_Cali : 04-05-2014 at 02:15 AM.

Old 04-02-2014, 05:57 PM   #608
DeepGreenEyes
Puns Save Lives.

I met someone today who worked with an incredibly talented guy I used to know. How is he, I asked.

He's dead, the man responded.

It got him.

The guy had been laid off, and found out within a month he had brain cancer. No insurance. Last time I saw him, he had rebounded. I didn't realize he had died.

FYC.

LallyH and blu: a hearty FYC.

MWY: you are doing great.

"A little nonsense, now and then, is relished by the wisest men."
---Willy Wonka

~ Some poems

~ Save second base

Old 04-02-2014, 09:55 PM   #609
Sir_Winston54
Assume the position!

Quote:
I've heard horror stories about many insurance companies, especially when an insured's payment is even a day late - please don't let that happen to you. I'm tremendously thankful for my VA coverage and the wonderful people providing my care, and grateful for each and every one of them.

Quote:
That's fantastic to hear, and I hope to keep hearing more of it!
Legal Notice and Attorney's CYA Requirements: The author of this post is not an attorney, physician, or marital or sexual therapist or counselor (nor does he play any or all of the above on television). All opinions are offered only as the viewpoint(s) of an individual with a certain amount of life experience, and should not be considered to be legal, medical, or therapeutic/counseling advice.

Grammar: The difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit.
[Jacked from Wenchie's friend's Facebook page. Thanks!]

If you or a loved one has been attacked by cancer
and you're not familiar with the "Fuck You, Cancer" thread,
click the button above.

Last edited by Sir_Winston54 : 04-03-2014 at 10:56 AM.

Old 04-03-2014, 12:50 AM   #610
Netzach
>semiotics?

heartfelt drive-by bird flippings FYC.
In the spirit of equal time, sites like Huffington Post should have sections for male anatomy hanging out instead of just the idiotic celebrity “side boob” and “nip slip” camera ops. I have no idea what that would be like to have a camera in my face at every turn, looking for “the” shot. I know what some of you are saying. “Then why do they wear clothes like that unless they want those photos taken?” I don’t know what to tell ya. Perhaps just don’t take the fuckin picture? Evolve? I don’t know. - Henry Rollins

Old 04-03-2014, 06:04 PM   #611
midwestyankee
Perv on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepGreenEyes View Post
I met someone today who worked with an incredibly talented guy I used to know. How is he, I asked.

He's dead, the man responded.

It got him.

The guy had been laid off, and found out within a month he had brain cancer. No insurance. Last time I saw him, he had rebounded. I didn't realize he had died.

FYC.

LallyH and blu: a hearty FYC.

MWY: you are doing great.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Winston54 View Post
I've heard horror stories about many insurance companies, especially when an insured's payment is even a day late - please don't let that happen to you. I'm tremendously thankful for my VA coverage and the wonderful people providing my care, and grateful for each and every one of them.

That's fantastic to hear, and I hope to keep hearing more of it!
Thanks, guys. We are blessed with excellent insurance and when this is done we'll have paid less than 1% of the total amount billed by all the various providers, with BCBS picking up all the rest.

Just got the pump disconnected from treatment #2 and while I'm pretty sluggish today, still no major problems with side effects. Must be all that clean living I did in the past.

"I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit a better argument than that." Internet poster by your ecards.