Congratulations to President Obama!

Maybe when you artistic wannabe's find out Obama let 3 american hero's & the ambassador get killed because he refused to send them help you will have a different opinion of this closet Communist who has hijacked our country!
Any terrorist can get into America now by pretending to be hispanic. Thats not hard to do for dark skinned middle eastern types who have been 100% of the bombers & terrorists.
Gas will be getting higher still & the economy will get even worse because the idiot in the white house hasnt a clue how to stimulate a good business atmosphere other than to tax the very people who create jobs!
Ahhh whats the use, if obama lovers had a brain that could understand simple business rules you would understand why America became the wealthiest nation in the world & you would vote for anyone but Obama!

Drinking the Faux News Not-so-joyous juice much?

Simple business rule of corporate raiding. He had money to start, used others' money during his "business" and never truly left. He is not a businessman.

Maybe when you artistic wannabe's find out Obama let 3 american hero's & the ambassador get killed because he refused to send them help you will have a different opinion of this closet Communist who has hijacked our country!
Any terrorist can get into America now by pretending to be hispanic. Thats not hard to do for dark skinned middle eastern types who have been 100% of the bombers & terrorists.
Gas will be getting higher still & the economy will get even worse because the idiot in the white house hasnt a clue how to stimulate a good business atmosphere other than to tax the very people who create jobs!
Ahhh whats the use, if obama lovers had a brain that could understand simple business rules you would understand why America became the wealthiest nation in the world & you would vote for anyone but Obama!

You should try www.yoisthisracist.com. They should be able to tell you a few things about yourself you desperately need to know.

Oh yeah, Benghazi. All the repups keep screaming "Benghazi, Benghazi!" because Karl Rove keeps screaming it.

In 2002 when the US Consulate in the Karachi, Pakistan, was attacked and 10 Embassy people were killed.

In 2004 when the US embassy in Uzbekistan was attacked and two were killed and another nine injured.

How about in 2004, when the US Consulate in Saudi Arabia was stormed and 8 of our people lost their lives?

In 2006, armed men attacked the US Embassy in Syria and one was murdered.

Then in 2007 a grenade was thrown at the US Embassy in Athens.

In 2008, the US Embassy in Serbia was set on fire.

In 2008, bombings in the US Embassy in Yemen killed 10.

Notice the dates, all during the Bush administration.

Right. Because Timonthy McVeigh looked so Hispanic.

First off, we don't have a right to low gas prices. What we need is more alternatives; if you don't like peanut butter, you can buy things like cashew butter. But there's no real "equal" substitute for gasoline.

Second, a country is not a business. You can't run it like one.

Third, a lot of articles I read note how profits are up, but businesses are not spending the money on -- ta da -- jobs.

Oh yeah, Benghazi. All the repups keep screaming "Benghazi, Benghazi!" because Karl Rove keeps screaming it.

In 2002 when the US Consulate in the Karachi, Pakistan, was attacked and 10 Embassy people were killed.

In 2004 when the US embassy in Uzbekistan was attacked and two were killed and another nine injured.

How about in 2004, when the US Consulate in Saudi Arabia was stormed and 8 of our people lost their lives?

In 2006, armed men attacked the US Embassy in Syria and one was murdered.

Then in 2007 a grenade was thrown at the US Embassy in Athens.

In 2008, the US Embassy in Serbia was set on fire.

In 2008, bombings in the US Embassy in Yemen killed 10.

Notice the dates, all during the Bush administration.

I need to write these down, use it on the next family republican that blatts Benghazi in my ear.

Carry on, posters. You have my full support. This thread has had the least amount of nasty mudslinging that I've experienced on LIT in quite a while and I applaud the overall intelligent civility displayed here. We are a basically intelligent open-minded group and that is why I love it here.

I need to write these down, use it on the next family republican that blatts Benghazi in my ear.
This shit is public knowledge.

Google; Embassy Attacks Bush presidency and hundreds of news articles and blog essays will pop right up for you.

Wikipedia has a full list that shows how long this has been going on-- since 1958 to be exact. link

ANYTHING that a neocon teabagger says can be refuted by a google query that adds the word "debunked" to whatever bullshit thing they said to you. Facts are liberal. Reality has a liberal bias. It's so unfair, I'm sure, but reality keeps shooting down the things people say because they wish it were true.

You guys have no idea of how much political debate I have engaged in this year... :( Just not here.

It''s like in the dark ages of medicine

There was a rime when the 'experts' on healthcare thought bleeding was a good thing for every illness. The republicans still think like that today. They want to bleed the federal government until it hasn't the power to protect its embassies or care for its sick and poor. They think that the rich have the right to increase their profits by shipping the jobs to china and then cut welfare caused by the lost of american jobs.

When there are no jobs paying a living wage, and even the low paying jobs are part time to avoid any benefits, and there are too few of them to provide work for everybody, then you need welfare. The system used to be that the rich made money off the labor of their workers, but they paid enough that the workers had food and shelter and a chance to live a decent if poor life. Now the upper class or rich refuse to pay a decent wage.

The rich have had the benefits of the bush tax cuts for over a decade now and the cost has been on the backs of the workers. It is time for a change and I hope to God that President Obama will stand firm and let us go over the fiscal cliff and deal with the results afterward.

America needs a transfusion of taxes from the rich not more bleeding of the poor.

Nicely put, a transfusion from the rich to the poor. Somehow, I can't see the rich lining up to be the first to give. If fixing this country was as important as the great deals that might be had for Black Friday, we might see some progress. And all of this could be completely meaningless, if Israel drags us into WWIII.

There was a rime when the 'experts' on healthcare thought bleeding was a good thing for every illness. The republicans still think like that today. They want to bleed the federal government until it hasn't the power to protect its embassies or care for its sick and poor. They think that the rich have the right to increase their profits by shipping the jobs to china and then cut welfare caused by the lost of american jobs.

When there are no jobs paying a living wage, and even the low paying jobs are part time to avoid any benefits, and there are too few of them to provide work for everybody, then you need welfare. The system used to be that the rich made money off the labor of their workers, but they paid enough that the workers had food and shelter and a chance to live a decent if poor life. Now the upper class or rich refuse to pay a decent wage.

The rich have had the benefits of the bush tax cuts for over a decade now and the cost has been on the backs of the workers. It is time for a change and I hope to God that President Obama will stand firm and let us go over the fiscal cliff and deal with the results afterward.

America needs a transfusion of taxes from the rich not more bleeding of the poor.

Oh, are you discussing Obama care? The democratic president's baby? Already happening. Check a couple of threads on the GB about Denny's and Papa John's pizza.

If you're not republican fine. If you dislike them fine.

But open your damn eyes.

This in a nutshell is this countries big problem. You're a dem or a republican. Meaning all it is is finger pointing and stupidity. Its all the dems fault its all the republican's fault!

Which would lead me to this little gem. Obama has had four years, yet everything is still the republicans fault?

We no longer have any actual opinions its no:

Yes, that's a great idea! But wait a republican came up with that and I'm a dem so I have to vote no to that or the other way around.

There are idiots who would vote for Manson if he were running under their party.

Until there is an actual bi partisan person or group attempting to make things better it will never be better.

Nicely put, a transfusion from the rich to the poor. Somehow, I can't see the rich lining up to be the first to give. If fixing this country was as important as the great deals that might be had for Black Friday, we might see some progress. And all of this could be completely meaningless, if Israel drags us into WWIII.

For all you Christians according to Revelation the US is going to be Israel's only ally in the battle of Armageddon so yup, ww3 here we come.

In the meantime, in the spirit of this thread, who's up for a little game?

Check this link

http://news.yahoo.com/obama-departs-asia-historic-stop-myanmar-132550964.html

Now everyone come up with their best guess as to what he will apologize for while he's there. America must be guilty of something out there. past or present.

Last edited:

Check this link

Now everyone come up with their best guess as to what he will apologize for while he's there. America must be guilty of something out there. past or present.

Obama 's trip to Myanmar/Burma is quite consistent with US foreign policy for the past 25 years. The main driver is the rise of China. This has meant an increased US interest in the Pacific region, east and south Asia. Burma has been targeted by the Chinese for their economic and political interests. The US is merely responding to that challenge.

Myanmar needs access to IMF and World Bank funds - who holds the key? The US is beefing up the Pacific fleet, it will soon base Marines in Northern Australia, it is highly supportive of the worlds largest democracy, India. These long term policy goals are about the pursuit of US interests and have nothing to do with party politics or the latest fashion in conspiracy theories.

And as an overseas Lit member not particularly attached to Obama's domestic policies, I reckon Obama/Hilary Clinton have done a pretty good job for fundamental US interests.

Benghazi was a blip - a regrettable blip but that is all and every professional diplomat would assess it as such.

Yes, that's a great idea! But wait a republican came up with that and I'm a dem so I have to vote no to that or the other way around.
Well the republicans have become very well known for that. It was a hella effective campaign point for us on the ground;
A3grg7UCMAEdmy_.jpg

Funny thing though, I cannot find anything comparable for the democrats. And I looked, I really did.

Lovecraft, you are too smart to talk like this

For all you Christians according to Revelation the US is going to be Israel's only ally in the battle of Armageddon so yup, ww3 here we come.

Check this link

A leader can only be as great as his followers. Obama is a good leader but he is cursed with the republican house and the republicans in the senate. Myself and over half of the american public voted for Obama, making him our leader. The republicans should be charged with treason if they don't do their best to work with him during this time of crisis. The republican party has said that they want him to fail and have worked tirelessly to make that happen. Obama won, either get behind him or get the hell out of his way, but don't try to make him fail. That is unamerican any way you want to look at it.

Oh, are you discussing Obama care? The democratic president's baby? Already happening. Check a couple of threads on the GB about Denny's and Papa John's pizza.

But open your damn eyes.

This in a nutshell is this countries big problem. You're a dem or a republican. Meaning all it is is finger pointing and stupidity. Its all the dems fault its all the republican's fault!

Which would lead me to this little gem. Obama has had four years, yet everything is still the republicans fault?

We no longer have any actual opinions its no:

There are idiots who would vote for Manson if he were running under their party.

Until there is an actual bi partisan person or group attempting to make things better it will never be better.

Papa John's and Dennys are idiots. The act isn't law until 2014! These are examples of corporations using the ACA as an excuse to raise prices, for their profits ONLY. It's a money grab, plain and simple.

So we were suppose to have voted in a Republican who had NO plans for ANYTHING, except, "Trust me, I was a businessman"? No way.

You mean how PJ might raise their prices by like, ten cents? Like they probably would have anyway, b/c that's how business goes?

But open your damn eyes.

Actually I'm an independent who leans liberal, especially on social issues. And you know what? Check this out. It's advice from Newt Gingrich to Republicans on how to use language to specifically divide and demonize their democratic opponent. (I don't think the dems ever figured out, as a group, a way to counter this.)

It's not all their fault, but it's hard for a president to get anything done when many of the people in Congress oppose a measure simply b/c he, or another democrat, suggested it. And indeed, that's what's happened. I'm not saying Dems are innocent on that, but I do think the Republicans have led the charge that way.

And shall we go back to how Clinton left office with a budget surplus, which was totally gone under Bush 43? And how the economy tanked under Bush 43?

I agree, but right now -- especially in the GOP with the Tea Party -- bipartisan is a dirty word. I really think Obama came into office hoping/thinking he could get some bipartisan stuff going, but it didn't happen.

It is extraordinary. In a mere forty years, the richest country the world has ever seen has been bankrupted.

Our Herodotus of the future, whoever he or she may be, will summarize the demise of the United States of America in a simple manner: too much democracy.

Contrary to the intentions of the Founding Fathers, it became possible to make a living as a professional politician. This occurred because the right to vote was extended to illiterates and innumerates. After that, it was a simple matter for professional politicians to buy votes by looting the public treasury. Bankruptcy was the inevitable outcome.

"A patriot is one who loves his country— and expects to be paid for it."

-H. L. Mencken

While the purported authorship of Alexander Tytler has been disproven, the accuracy of the statement inaccurately attributed to him is unfolding:

"A democracy is always temporary in nature; it simply cannot exist as a permanent form of government. A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates who promise the most benefits from the public treasury, with the result that every democracy will finally collapse due to loose fiscal policy, which is always followed by a dictatorship."

Whether the eventual bankruptcy of the United States will lead to dictatorship, I do not pretend to know. Given its current trajectory, we're going to find out. The "something for nothing," finger-pointing, envy-peddling, overspending, name-calling, entrenched politicos are taking the U.S. down a path that is bound to have unpleasant consequences.

Democracy is the theory that the common man knows what he wants— and he deserves to get it good and hard!

-H. L. Mencken

Warren Buffett wrote an op-ed piece in the New York Times earlier. Leaving huge monetary and fiscal expansion in place for too long is a recipe for economic disaster. Mr. Buffett did the math in a very simple and understandable way. This year we face a $1.8 trillion deficit. Just so you understand what a trillion means, a trillion is one million times one million. How does a millionaire become a trillionaire? He has to earn one million dollars a million times. If you could earn $1 million every single day of your life, you would reach $1 trillion in just under 2,740 years. This fiscal year alone, our government will spend $1.8 trillion more than it takes in and it will have to borrow (and in theory pay back) every one of those dollars. That is a big number.

Mr. Buffett tries to explain how this is all going to happen. In round numbers, our trade deficit will push $400-500 billion overseas that will return in the form of Treasury bond purchases. Americans are starting to save more as well. They might buy a similar amount of bonds. Add the two and you are roughly halfway there. What about the rest? The Fed prints it. We all know what that means in the long run. It means inflation. Printing more money quite obviously dilutes the value of the dollar. President Obama says he will cut the deficit in half during his first term. If he accomplishes that and brings the deficit down to a mere $900 billion he might be able to allow the Fed to turn off the printing presses if the total of our trade deficit and net American savings stays in the $900 billion range. That is a lot of ifs.

"The whole idea behind a democracy is that the passions of the ignorant should dictate policy."

-"Rupert von Keuhnelt"
( I do not know if that is a nom de internet or the gentlemen's real name )

The whole problem in a nutshell:

And I guess the bottom line is that too many people come to Washington and want to be loved. And the way you're loved is by always saying yes and never saying no. We are not wired— Washington is not wired— to say no.

-Senator Claire McCaskill, D., Mo.

http://www.npr.org/2011/08/01/138884572/debt-deal-a-democrats-perspective

Old stale and outdated

You act like we are giving everything to people so they just can't be bothered by going to work and missing out on all the fun of being lazy worthless members of the forty seven percent. You seem to think that America is overly generous to its citizens a
and that is why there is so much unemployment.

To quote lovecraft, "open your eyes".

The trail of breadcrumbs are easy to follow when you are working backwards.

Nixon opened the door to china.

Regan busted the unions and started to defund the government AKA cut taxes

Bush 41 stumbled when he raised taxes and was punished by the right's support of Perot which gave the presidency to Clinton.

Clinton works against his own party and passes NAFTA which united the union hating heads of America's big corporations with the communist workers of China, and sent american manufacturing into the toilet.

Bush 43 comes into office and unleashes Israel to do whatever they wanted, leading to the 9/11 attacks, then he cuts taxes and goes to war.

Obama wins election and four years later, its all his fault.

Does that sound about right to you guys?

You act like we are giving everything to people so they just can't be bothered by going to work and missing out on all the fun of being lazy worthless members of the forty seven percent. You seem to think that America is overly generous to its citizens a
and that is why there is so much unemployment.

To quote lovecraft, "open your eyes".

The trail of breadcrumbs are easy to follow when you are working backwards.

Nixon opened the door to china.

Regan busted the unions and started to defund the government AKA cut taxes

Bush 41 stumbled when he raised taxes and was punished by the right's support of Perot which gave the presidency to Clinton.

Clinton works against his own party and passes NAFTA which united the union hating heads of America's big corporations with the communist workers of China, and sent american manufacturing into the toilet.

Bush 43 comes into office and unleashes Israel to do whatever they wanted, leading to the 9/11 attacks, then he cuts taxes and goes to war.

Obama wins election and four years later, its all his fault.

Does that sound about right to you guys?

NO!

It's only Obama's fault because Rush says so!! :rolleyes:

Get off the government teat.

[/COLOR][/FONT][/B]
That's good advice for Walmart, Costco, Big Oil, the banks, the stock exchange, the churches. and the 2%, and every other entity in this country that sucks up juicy tax writeoffs and rebates while they make record profits from people who could barely afford what they needed.

Ooookay. I don't know about the rest of you, but politics is over in AH land for me.

That's good advice for Walmart, Costco, Big Oil, the banks, the stock exchange, the churches. and the 2%, and every other entity in this country that sucks up juicy tax writeoffs and rebates while they make record profits from people who could barely afford what they needed.

Ooookay. I don't know about the rest of you, but politics is over in AH land for me.

But, but, butt...

Trysail hasn't brought out the cut and paste graphs yet. :eek:

It took a hundred years to build the largest steel manufacturing facility in the world— a plant that at its height employed 35,000.

It only took twenty-five years for government to destroy it.

Back