As The Hospital Pervs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I LOVE my small hospital..

My mom had a terrible fall, EMS came to pick her up and brought her to the ER and reported on the radio as they were transporting "It is Roxie's Mom"...by the time I heard about it and rushed to the ER there was and in no particular order..our General Surgeon, Orthopedic Surgeon, House Supervisor, Respiratory therapist, a couple of RN's and CNA's, our CEO and several assorted housekeeping, dietary, and office personnel. I could hardly squeeze into the room...Mom asked me, "why are all of these people here?"...I smiled and told her, "Ehh they are just worried that I might miss a day of work if you are not OK." How do you explain the 'Hospital Family' to your real family....they just will not understand ;)

My mom had a terrible fall, EMS came to pick her up and brought her to the ER and reported on the radio as they were transporting "It is Roxie's Mom"...by the time I heard about it and rushed to the ER there was and in no particular order..our General Surgeon, Orthopedic Surgeon, House Supervisor, Respiratory therapist, a couple of RN's and CNA's, our CEO and several assorted housekeeping, dietary, and office personnel. I could hardly squeeze into the room...Mom asked me, "why are all of these people here?"...I smiled and told her, "Ehh they are just worried that I might miss a day of work if you are not OK." How do you explain the 'Hospital Family' to your real family....they just will not understand ;)
Yes LadyGrey it is true. I love my hospital family too, it is a tight bond. I hope your Mom is ok, I am sure she is in good hands. :)

The Respiratory Therapist approaches me in the nurse’s station. He puts one finger around my new pearl necklace. He says: Nice, (followed by) what’s going on Janey girl? My fingers find my strand and I remember where they came from, and I smile that wicked smile.

The pearls fit me and for the first time in my life they are not chipped, peeling and plastic. :eek:

A part of me aches for those cheap fake pearls, but I threw them in the garbage.

The Respiratory Therapist approaches me in the nurse’s station. He puts one finger around my new pearl necklace. He says: Nice, (followed by) what’s going on Janey girl? My fingers find my strand and I remember where they came from, and I smile that wicked smile.

The pearls fit me and for the first time in my life they are not chipped, peeling and plastic. :eek:

A part of me aches for those cheap fake pearls, but I threw them in the garbage.

I haven't been keeping up. where did the pearls come from and is there a photo of you wearing them?

I haven't been keeping up. where did the pearls come from and is there a photo of you wearing them?
I will write all about it when I get home from work, and take a picture of these huge pearls around my neck!

I will write all about it when I get home from work, and take a picture of these huge pearls around my neck!

I saw a tahitian pearl necklace on thursday. It was so beautiful. I'm tempted to try and use them in my own stuff.

I start a new job in December.
They always say that: Head wounds may cause erections
And
I am going to work on a Neurology Unit! Step down from Neuro-ICU!

Will I miss Cardio-Pulmonary?
Yes, but I want to learn something new.
:)

I start a new job in December.
They always say that: Head wounds may cause erections
And
I am going to work on a Neurology Unit! Step down from Neuro-ICU!

Will I miss Cardio-Pulmonary?
Yes, but I want to learn something new.

:)

Your not working in the Geriatrics unit then?

Will the real Doctor please stand up?

Some people get crazy. The power of attorney for an elderly patient told the nurse and doctor: Fuck you.

The shy doctor to my surprise said: Fuck you too. You are not a power of attorney: you are collecting checks. :eek: Followed by a long winded ethical speech.

Later I said: I can't believe you said that!
Shy Doctor said: Why not? This person is verbally abusing us and why should we take it just because we are Doctors and Nurses? If somebody punched you in the eye...wouldn't you punch them back? Or would you say: I am a nurse I can't do that?

This is from Shy Doctor that usually stutters when he speaks.

Everyone has a breaking point.

My ass looks pretty cute in these pants.
I think I will skate on IV poles
And blow bubbles in the hallway

when no one is looking. :D

My ass looks pretty cute in these pants.
I think I will skate on IV poles
And blow bubbles in the hallway

when no one is looking. :D

Thats what I love about working 'behind the big doors' in the Operating Room. No one passing by sees us dance down the halls, hears off key singing of Jimmy Buffet tunes or witness the skating in shoe covers. Besides if they did it would just be attributed to an anesthetic reaction. Versed covers a great many indisgressions. :rolleyes:

Thats what I love about working 'behind the big doors' in the Operating Room. No one passing by sees us dance down the halls, hears off key singing of Jimmy Buffet tunes or witness the skating in shoe covers. Besides if they did it would just be attributed to an anesthetic reaction. Versed covers a great many indisgressions. :rolleyes:
Are you getting the anesthesia blow by? Did I ever post this for you?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuZl9tRqjoQ

I break open the code cart and assist with central line placement while everyone else is doing his or her job at the same time. It is an emergency.

The Doctor wants to go in the femoral vein.
<ties his sterile gown tight>
Ok
He sticks and we see bright red blood—we all know this means the needle is stuck in the artery instead of the vein.
We sigh, disappointed.

MD: Look.
We see the needle sticking straight up in the femoral: pulsating.

Janey: <thinking> reminds me of something else, that’s cool but can we get access?
Third stick is a charm.

Janey: I'm going to park my little red car in your spot when you are not here.
Chief of Medical Staff: You can park in my spot even if I'm here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back