New faces, come say hello...

Status
Not open for further replies.
CutieMouse said:
I may be totally wrong, but I can't understand why you'd not be allowed to sit in a public resturaunt, eat dinner, drink iced tea, and chit chat with kink-minded people, just because you are over 18, but under 21.

The only reason would be if the group had an age requirement for all of their activities. I havn't seen any from a quick search associated with the munch, so now I have a new munch to look forward to. Yay! Course, I can't seem to find any contact information for anyone associated with the group, so if anyone has some tips there that would be great.
 
Last edited:
CutieMouse said:
I'd PM you, but it appears you don't receive PMs...

I don't think there's contact information, because people just show up. It is a public place, with nothing (obviously) BDSM related occuring at the resturaunt/munch. Talk to the greeter as you make a name tag, mention your concern over the age thing- if they say you can't sit with the kinky folk until you are 21, either leave, or have dinner on the other side of the resturaunt, and attend the munch after you are 21.

Wow. Life is so unfair until you are 21.

*shakes head*

Thank God I'm old as shit and ready for some dick.

Did that rhyme?

Oh dear, I didn't say that out loud did I?

Hmm, really I'm just a sweet young darlin thang.

*bats lashes*

Fury :rose:
 
Last edited:
Hi there, I have been lurking for a few days and I decided to post something and introduce myself.

My name is Dawn and I am very curious about this lifestyle and being submissive. I haven't acted much on it, but I have been experimenting a bit here and there.

I would really like to learn as much as possible about BDSM and figured what better way then to read about it and talk to others who are involved.

I hope this is the right place to post my introduction and I hope you welcome me as I could use some new friends who "get" me.
 
Hello! I'm new! Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself..I'm 23, single, and from CT. Nice to meet you all :heart:
 
MissyCT23
&
curious_subbie

welcome
welcome
welcome

this place is full of great folks with all sorts of ideas that do not all agree - that is one of the things that helps make it a great place to be and learn and teach and have fun...

again, welcome

Shank
 
Reasonably New to Lit.

Hello everybody!

I'm a dominant, single (divorced), straight male, 54, retired, and living in the southwestern corner of Mecklenburg County in NC... near the home of Rev. Billy Graham and the original location of the PTL Club. (Just a clue about how unpronounced the BDSM community is in the area.)

Although I'm generally thought of as a "nice guy," I do have a sadistic streak and enjoy those times when I'm able to take advantage of it... which hasn't been a lot lately.


.
 
curious_subbie said:
Hi there, I have been lurking for a few days and I decided to post something and introduce myself.

My name is Dawn and I am very curious about this lifestyle and being submissive. I haven't acted much on it, but I have been experimenting a bit here and there.

I would really like to learn as much as possible about BDSM and figured what better way then to read about it and talk to others who are involved.

I hope this is the right place to post my introduction and I hope you welcome me as I could use some new friends who "get" me.


Yes I "Get you" it's such a nice feeling to finally find a place where other people who share your "perverted" interests actually hang out. You're a long way away but I'm happy to share my knowledge if you want to ask...

Yang4yin - Nice to see you show up here. I recognise that animated Gif. Welcome...
 
Hello.

Wow, it feels a bit odd doing this! I've not been in here before, although I've been reading on Literotica for about 2 years- I wasn't going to come into the forum at all until I read "Culture Shock", by Sir Nathan (he strikes me as an extremely insightful gentleman)
I'd just be interested to know if there is any etiquette or things I ought to know about before posting- any advice to an innocent would be appreciated!

Nymphée.
 
nymphee said:
Hello.

I'd just be interested to know if there is any etiquette or things I ought to know about before posting- any advice to an innocent would be appreciated!

Nymphée.

This might be of interest:
SweetErika said:
  • Respect others...treat them as you want to be treated. If you have a problem with someone, you may want to try to solve it via PM, or simply use the Ignore feature.
  • Participate. Read, join, and start conversations. Have fun!
  • Remember miscommunication is more likely in this medium. Read what you've written before submitting...check spelling, grammar, abbreviations, and think about how it might be interpreted. If you're confused by another member's post, kindly ask for clarification instead of jumping to conclusions or making accusations.
  • Do some research before starting a thread/asking a question. Google, The Blank Manual Sticky , an advanced search of Lit , the vBulletin FAQ , and the thread you're reading now may answer your question quicker than you can post it and people can reply.
  • Respond to threads you start. People are contributing time and effort, and will often ask the thread starter for additional information and clarification. Acknowledging that and participating in your own threads is common courtesy.
  • Avoid asking questions you don't want answers to. People who frequent How To are generally very honest and may be speaking from experience. If you're not prepared to hear and deal with honest answers and opinions, it's probably best you not ask. Respectful disagreement is fine, but attacking posters because they aren't telling you what you want to hear is not.
  • Don't feed the trolls. If you see a particularly mean/rude/out of context comment, you're probably dealing with a troll. Trolls thrive on the attention and emotions their personal attacks garner. Ignore them, and they'll usually get bored and go away rather quickly.

It's from: https://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=358426
 
Thank you! I feel stupidly nervous- like it's the first day of university or something! I've never heard the term "troll" before- is it a big problem?
 
nymphee said:
Thank you! I feel stupidly nervous- like it's the first day of university or something! I've never heard the term "troll" before- is it a big problem?

It can be. Just don't give them the attention they want.
 
Ok, well I appologise in advance should I slip up and offend anyone. It would not be intended.
 
nymphee said:
Thank you! I feel stupidly nervous- like it's the first day of university or something! I've never heard the term "troll" before- is it a big problem?

Hi - you are going to do just fine here. We might get a little testy at times, not often and not very harsh. There is some playing and joking around and as you get to know folks you will find out who is who and where you want to be in this mix. This is a great group of folks.


Yang4yin is giving good advice - Welcome.
 
nymphee said:
Ok, well I appologise in advance should I slip up and offend anyone. It would not be intended.


Welcome nymphee,

and anyone else who arived since my last visit...

I'm sure you'll be fine, the fact that you even ask the question implys that you are not the sort to insult or offend, either deliberately or accidentally.

The main thing is to take part.

have fun
 
Thank you Dragonteeth.

Do you mind me asking how England is? I moved away from my family home in Essex a few months ago and miss it desperately!
 
Hey curious subbie- I thought I would say hello as I'm new too and it seemed polite. Have you been around for very long?
 
nymphee said:
Hey curious subbie- I thought I would say hello as I'm new too and it seemed polite. Have you been around for very long?

Well hello to you too. :)

I usually just read the stories but I started lurking here on the bulletin boards a few weeks ago and figured I should introduce myself so I can "meet" others who have similar interests.
I have tons od friends but I can't really talk to them about this stuff.
 
Same, especially because of my age, my friends thing it's weird. Plus most of them are as straight laced as the come! Isn't it strange how different people are?!
Have you read Sir Nathan's "Culture Shock"? That was what convinced me to come and post in here.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top