As The Hospital Pervs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unsung heroine, that no one has heard about, Except for a small circle. yay Stella! (and thanks, Stella. Someone had to start the ball rolling.)
 
Can somebody bring me some real food?

tumblr_m3241dHBbe1rtjxk5o1_500.jpg


here's some hot dogs. take any one.
not that one. not that one. THAT one ;)
 
The worst happening this work week: post-operative patient with multiple fracture repair recovering in the ICU, wakes up and pulls out the breathing tube.

Surgeon: Can somebody put some oxygen on the patient? Standing around looking at the patient is not going to make the person breath.

Me: We are taking his breath away?

Surgeon: Why is everyone just standing around?
 
I understand that parents don't want to leave their kids alone when they're sick or injured, but for chrissakes, you have to let us do our jobs!

We have a kid in for ortho rehab (hip surgeries), and his parents are CONSTANTLY in the way. They're driving me crazy. And they worry unnecessarily - the kid took a nap yesterday after breakfast, his dad was absolutely convinced that we must have made a med error because he never naps in the morning - something must be wrong!!!!!

Yeah, but here's the thing: Monday through Friday, the kid gets 2 hours of PT, one hour of OT, two hours of school, and an hour of warm water therapy. Not to mention he's healing from major surgery. So maybe, just maybe, he could just be, I dunno... TIRED?

(Oh, and for the record, we checked to make sure there wasn't a med error. Everything counted out right.)

I adore my patients. It's their parents I want to kill. :rolleyes:
 
You never know who you might be helping along, into becoming an even better person-
Let's hear it for Dr. Laura Kaplan, a second-year resident at Beth Israel Medical Center.
She and a security guard tried to save a victim. “I heard what I thought were heart sounds."
"We started compressions, which is half of CPR. We were unable to perform rescue breathing."

She had her stethoscope with her.
 
I smashed my finger in a ladder while hanging up Christmas lights. Just the soft tissue, fortunately. Now it's purple and swollen and hurts like hell. And that's after taking two Vicodin. I'm RICE-ing it now. I already have an appt with my PCP tomorrow to get cortisone shots in my wrists, if it's still bad I'll have him look at it.

Apologies if this made no sense - Vicodin. :rolleyes: :D
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top