Live by the advertiser, die by the advertiser

gotsnowgotslush

skates like Eck
Bill O'Reilly had so much dollar value to FOX, Bill O'Reilly survived the sexual aggression scandal, and gained an extension to his contract.

Bill O'Reilly had a guaranteed audience. Four million viewers. The advertisers were willing. 400 million dollars worth of advertising.

The sexual harassment lawsuits just keep growing at FOX. This was less than attractive to major corporations, and they withdrew their ads.

After a New York Times investigation turned up additional sexual harassment accusations against Bill O’Reilly, Mercedes-Benz announced it would pull its ads from “The O’Reilly Factor,” saying in a statement,

Given the importance of women in every aspect of our business, we don’t feel this is a good environment in which to advertise our products right now[.]

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/04/business/media/sexual-harassment-bill-oreilly-fox.html?_r=0

Twelve advertisers have so far pulled their commercials from the hit Fox News show The O'Reilly Factor after several women claimed they were sexually harassed by the show's host, Bill O'Reilly, who has denied the claims.

On Saturday, the New York Times reported that five women received $13 million to settle sexual harassment allegations against the 67-year-old host.
(Bill O'Reilly)

https://www.buzzfeed.com/maryanngeo...ly-advertisers?utm_term=.feEMvxL8N#.jxNRE6m5x

Eeks, Netflix doesn't have commercials. Can I live and die by something else?

I think with O'Reilly, it's more about ratings than advertisers directly for his show. As long as the advertisers stick with other Fox shows (and apparently they are), Fox will, I think, stick with the gigantic ratings star, O'Reilly.

Will Bill O'Reilly get a golden parachute, as Roger Ailes did ?

"Fire The Sexual Predator":

Protesters Demand Fox Make Bill O'Reilly's Vacation Permanent

April 19, 2017

Rupert Murdoch’s company paid at least five women a total of $13 million to keep from going public with the accusations against O’Reilly.

http://www.villagevoice.com/news/fi...make-bill-oreillys-vacation-permanent-9901257

Bill O'Reilly Is Out At Fox News

April 19, 20172

"I don't think Bill did anything wrong," President Trump told the Times in an interview earlier this month. "Personally, I think he shouldn't have settled."

Tucker Carlson will replace O'Reilly in the 8 p.m. ET time slot.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/04/19/524736631/bill-oreilly-is-out-at-fox-news

Wonkette visits Bill O'Reilly's memory lane

(video clips, ect.)

"We like the part where O’Reilly is very sad about how people like Franken are cheapening American political discourse."

- Wonkette

https://wonkette.com/615955/bill-oreilly-has-fucked-it-done-it-live-for-the-very-last-time

"... I think, 70 percent of the news directors in this country are men. And you look at the network news divisions, not just Fox, but across the board, and there really aren't that many women in positions of power. And that's really what it's going to take. When women are in power, this kind of thing will stop."

http://www.npr.org/2016/07/24/48723...not-unique-to-allegations-against-roger-ailes

gsgs comment-

Are you listening, Republican women ?

:rolleyes:

‘Who says things like that?’: The View panel shudders over Bill O’Reilly calling black woman ‘Hot chocolate’

“Who says things like that?” asked Sunny Hostin.

“Bill O’Reilly, allegedly,” Goldberg responded, although she conceded it could have been worse, “He could have called her ‘burnt toast.'”

“His days are numbered,” said Joy Behar on Wednesday.”Bill is going to be toast. What did you call him?”

“Burnt toast,” said Goldberg.

“That’s you,” Behar said. “That’s you, Bill.”

Bill O' is being replaced by Trucker Carlson. :eek:

giphy.gif

:D

This has been happening long before Fox News. Google has shut down pretty much all conservative Youtube channels by cutting all ad revenue for them. Meanwhile, the filth that comes from leftists such as The Young Turks are still cashing in.

But that's Capitalism for ya. Live by Capitalism, die by Capitalism.

This has been happening long before Fox News. Google has shut down pretty much all conservative Youtube channels by cutting all ad revenue for them. Meanwhile, the filth that comes from leftists such as The Young Turks are still cashing in.

But that's Capitalism for ya. Live by Capitalism, die by Capitalism.
No, Google has shut down the Nazi channels. There are plenty of genuine conservative channels out there.

No, Google has shut down the Nazi channels. There are plenty of genuine conservative channels out there.

It would depend on your definition of "Nazi channels" and "Genuine conservative channels," wouldn't it?

There are many Youtubers suffering. It covers a wide spectrum of the skeptic community. Considering I spend a vast majority of my time on Youtube, I have seen who it affects and who it doesn't. To say that Steven Crowder, who has an FCC approved radio show, is a Nazi would be absurd. He doesn't even use any kind of foul language. Then you have TYT dropping F-Bombs all while denying the Armanian Genocide with Ana Kasparian and Cenk Uygur telling us that they're "fucking better than you." Yeeeah...

But this is not new. The internet swings left. Anything corporate swings left. I think it's corporate's stance to try to be as PC as possible to maintain the approval of all groups of people because that just makes business sene. It's financial suicide to be conservative if you're a big company.

Which is why conservatism and free speech do not mix with capitalism. Or at least the type of capitalism that is here in America. Conservatives who preach free speech AND capitalism are shooting themselves in the foot. The puzzle pieces do not fit together.

Keep in mind, I never said it was a problem that Google shut down ad revenue for right leaning channels. They are a business and they can do what they want. But to say it's not happening to legit channels is disingenuous at best.

It would depend on your definition of "Nazi channels" and "Genuine conservative channels," wouldn't it?

There are many Youtubers suffering. It covers a wide spectrum of the skeptic community. Considering I spend a vast majority of my time on Youtube, I have seen who it affects and who it doesn't. To say that Steven Crowder, who has an FCC approved radio show, is a Nazi would be absurd. He doesn't even use any kind of foul language. Then you have TYT dropping F-Bombs all while denying the Armanian Genocide with Ana Kasparian and Cenk Uygur telling us that they're "fucking better than you." Yeeeah...

But this is not new. The internet swings left. Anything corporate swings left. I think it's corporate's stance to try to be as PC as possible to maintain the approval of all groups of people because that just makes business sene. It's financial suicide to be conservative if you're a big company.

Which is why conservatism and free speech do not mix with capitalism. Or at least the type of capitalism that is here in America. Conservatives who preach free speech AND capitalism are shooting themselves in the foot. The puzzle pieces do not fit together.

Keep in mind, I never said it was a problem that Google shut down ad revenue for right leaning channels. They are a business and they can do what they want. But to say it's not happening to legit channels is disingenuous at best.
I see Stephen Crowder on Youtube. I don't know why you do not.

Maybe it has something to do with Google's efforts to suppress fake news?

I see Stephen Crowder on Youtube. I don't know why you do not.

Maybe it has something to do with Google's efforts to suppress fake news?

He's on Youtube but his ad revenue has been cut off by Youtube. That's what's happening. Google isn't deleting channels... well... we can get into the details of channel throttling and the DMCA bans but that's not what I was originally referring to.

I saw Tucker in Penn Station recently. He looked like a silly little fop.

It is kind of surprising how Fox seems to be swirling the drain. Perhaps it's a sign of things to come. Now that the ultimate FAUX NEWS is running the country, they don't really serve a purpose anymore. Some of them are joining the Resistance.

I saw Tucker in Penn Station recently. He looked like a silly little fop.

It is kind of surprising how Fox seems to be swirling the drain. Perhaps it's a sign of things to come. Now that the ultimate FAUX NEWS is running the country, they don't really serve a purpose anymore. Some of them are joining the Resistance.

Aren't all forms of television media swirling the drain? Aren't all forms of media backed into a corner since the internet is instant?

Big media outlets are all falling in ratings, and I'm not necessarily sure Bill was a good long-term deal for Fox. Regardless of his sexual harrassment, ratings are going down just because of modern ways we're getting our news.

I don't think the media would be against the government stepping in and regulating the internet. Cable TV is dying a slow death.

Not true at all. I don't know how Fox is doing, but ratings for the "left" media outlets like MSNBC are through the roof. CNN is way up, the NYTimes is NOT "failing".

Idiot Boy's attacks on the free press as the "enemy of the people" have driven people to supporting the real news. They're all up in subscriptions.

I would suspect that leftie sites are going to continue to grow, now that Right Wingers are in power, just like the opposite was true.

Aren't all forms of television media swirling the drain? Aren't all forms of media backed into a corner since the internet is instant?

Big media outlets are all falling in ratings, and I'm not necessarily sure Bill was a good long-term deal for Fox. Regardless of his sexual harrassment, ratings are going down just because of modern ways we're getting our news.

I don't think the media would be against the government stepping in and regulating the internet. Cable TV is dying a slow death.

He's on Youtube but his ad revenue has been cut off by Youtube. That's what's happening. Google isn't deleting channels... well... we can get into the details of channel throttling and the DMCA bans but that's not what I was originally referring to.
Is that what he's telling you?

Oldest trick in the book. Make yourself a victim and get sympathy donations.

Not true at all. I don't know how Fox is doing, but ratings for the "left" media outlets like MSNBC are through the roof. CNN is way up, the NYTimes is NOT "failing".

Idiot Boy's attacks on the free press as the "enemy of the people" have driven people to supporting the real news. They're all up in subscriptions.

I would suspect that leftie sites are going to continue to grow, now that Right Wingers are in power, just like the opposite was true.

Is that why the Wall Street Journal went after PewDiePie and then offered their news source as a platform for his explanation of why he has content joking about Hitler? Literally seconds of footage out of 3,700 videos were pulled and put together to smear his name. Then they sent that to Disney, and Disney cut a contract they had with PewDiePie costing him millions of dollars.

That media? They seem to need clicks just as much as any other random website.

The Youtube community in 2016 was a place where people went to hear other people discuss the election with minor biases. SURE, there was bias but there was conflict among the bias. Some people were leaning Trump and some people were leaning Hillary. Hours upon hours of streams where regular people talked about what they thought was refreshing compared to BS news sources.

Whether you like it or not, Youtube is an enemy of the major news networks. That's why this "attack" is being made where channels are having their funds cut by 70% or more just because they hold classic liberal or conservative views. And trust me, being a classical liberal is not okay with today's liberals. Because classical liberals are just a bunch of pissed off white guys who feel left out, according to somebody here.

So what's the answer to the ad revenue cut? Well, some channels have Patreon and some are putting ads in the videos themselves. This is combined with Youtube's algorithm, which is now forcing content creators to push videos out daily or else they fall behind. This is why you'll see more videos with less quality from channels that used to be a lot better.

I could continue but I need to get my Persona 5 fix in for the day.

Back