What do you think?

Well?

• Total voters
I've always thought mods should be active participants in their boards. Looking around at some there's long-inactive people still listed as mods.

So I should put one of my stories up for critique just because I'm a mod here?

Moderating shouldn't have to involved ginning up discussion. If discussion has to be ginned up by someone in authority after years of being available, it's a good candidate for canceling. A good moderator moderates; she/he doesn't get involved in the discussion in any partisan way. (She/he also doesn't get into the discussion under an alt.)

One good example is Bard has a thread in Feedback stating he'll offer feedback to those seeking it. I know years ago one or two SRP mods usted to be involved in role plays and discussions, same with ORP. And 10+ years ago Calvin and the other Playground/Personals mod was active...

Well, I certainly think it's duplicitous for mods to be active via alts on forums they moderate. ;)

On a plus side.....this is the most action this forum has seen in quite some time. :D

NOTE:

The SDC is for discussing and critiquing stories, not for arguments or personal attacks.

I wish people used QUARREL instead of ARGUMENT to characterize angry disputes.

ARGUMENT is the logical structure to warrant or justify a belief. Its what lawyers do in court. Its what all of us do to change minds.

QUARREL is an exchange of insults and accusations in angry disputes.

So, I just submitted a story.

When it is released, I plan to invite members to discuss it. Partly it's about feedback, partly it's because I hope the story is interesting enough to be worthy of discussion. To be perfectly honest, I still have no idea whether I should post my invitation in SF or SDC.

That seems like a bug.

Back