The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You got snow? And the rest of the Midwest was gettin' bulldozered by tornadoes? Man, y'all must love living dangerously.

An' dem bulldozers turned off a few lights, too.
Meanwhile, round here's got colder and wetter.
And the Heating's packed up - again.

Rolf, please pass me a large Bianco Martini & Lemonade, would you ?.
Thanks.
Anyone else for a glass of something ?

You got snow? And the rest of the Midwest was gettin' bulldozered by tornadoes? Man, y'all must love living dangerously.

Those same areas (at least in this state) where the tornadoes did their worst earlier this week are now expecting winter storms. And all those people with no hearth or home to protect them . . .

An' dem bulldozers turned off a few lights, too.
Meanwhile, round here's got colder and wetter.
And the Heating's packed up - again.

Rolf, please pass me a large Bianco Martini & Lemonade, would you ?.
Thanks.
Anyone else for a glass of something ?

That sounds tasty. I'll try one.

At the moment, I'm feeling chilled to the bone. How are you?q

exactly the same; cold.
Even the wind is against my attempts; it's in the wrong direction and burns the coal fire too well with most of the heat going up the chimney.

Brrrrrr

exactly the same; cold.
Even the wind is against my attempts; it's in the wrong direction and burns the coal fire too well with most of the heat going up the chimney.

Brrrrrr

I've a nice fire on the hearth myself, but the heat is staying nicely in the room. Our cold is gentle today. I just stood in my shirt sleeves, in a heavy falling snow, and harvested fresh, green herbs. How many people can do that in winter? It's been a mild one here.

The herbs are for the dipping oil I made to go on the crusty bread. The bread is to accompany the beautiful lasagna I just put in the oven. Slurp.

That sounds delicious...

And as to weather:D... It was a beautiful blue sky and 72 degrees here... I bought a new pair of capris to wear to work tomorrow. Haven't needed a jacket in weeks. Though we do get a bit of a cold front and drop down to 65 from time to time.:cool:

It was 86 here but the nights still drop into the 40's. My Fredclarkia has new growth I need to start watering it again but it isn't warm enough to put it outside, yet. The coming week will drop back into the 60's again and next weekend is predicted rain.

It was 86 here but the nights still drop into the 40's. My Fredclarkia has new growth I need to start watering it again but it isn't warm enough to put it outside, yet. The coming week will drop back into the 60's again and next weekend is predicted rain.

The snow is still coming down. It's wet, heavy and getting deeper. Go to my FB to see the photo of white in night.

That is an interesting and complex question. I have wandered hither and yon. Thought i would appear and see what was up with all you fine deviants and degenerates.

Sitting in a hammock in the sun reading. Lawn mowed so it smells like grass and the dog has turned green. I think I'll mow the day before st Patrick's. He'll look rather festive that way.

We need to start a garden. slyc promised me roses and I think I'd like lilacs they make the whole yard. Smell so nice.

a few days ago, the only thing flowery was a few isolated snowdrops in obscure places.
Then there were a few crocuses.
Now there are lots of crocus, and the Daffodils are starting to sprout, as well as a distinctly green tinge to several bushes.

Pure magic, I tell you !

a few days ago, the only thing flowery was a few isolated snowdrops in obscure places.
Then there were a few crocuses.
Now there are lots of crocus, and the Daffodils are starting to sprout, as well as a distinctly green tinge to several bushes.

Pure magic, I tell you !

Daffodils were always blooming right around Easter in Ohio where I grew up. So they have a few weeks yet.

Round here people have a strange kind of appeciation for a plant that looks like cabbage and isn't edible. I figure if you want cabbage then plant cabbage. More useful. Besides I thing it looks odd in between the flowers.

Sort of green and shiny? Survives on little water? I think I know what you're referring to. I'm planning a succulent garden in pots against a west-facing wall on the driveway. Anything planted there will have to be really tough!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back