Be the Reason Someone Smiles Today

MorningSunshine83

Really Experienced
First of all, I know what you’re thinking. “She’s been on here for a month, zero posts - she must be a bot”. It’s ok, I often react the same way, but I’m not. I’m flesh, and blood, and brain. But I’m also a work-a-holic who loves her job, loves her time outside, and truthfully doesn’t know what to do this time around.

I’ve been a lit member under a previous name for several years but took a break when I felt I needed to. I’m here again and looking for what most on here want – someone. Someone to get to know, and who wants to know me. Like really know me – not just my bra size. Someone who I can learn from or teach. Someone to enjoy and look forward to. Someone real – which is all too often a miss on this site. Someone with a heart and doesn’t mind that I wear mine on my sleeve. A connection.

Specifics:
  • I can’t say “looks don’t matter” because if you have 2 heads and 6 eyes I will likely be a bit afraid (sue me!) but a connection is built on much more.
  • Age does matter. I’m not looking to be some novelty for an 18 year old nor do I think I will have much in common with an 80 year old. 28-48 would probably be ideal.
  • I like sex, but again I’m looking for more than that. Please don’t include a dick pic with your first PM :).

Sorry if you think I’m picky, I just like to be upfront. Wasting someone’s time is never kind and pride myself on being a sweetheart :)

Last edited:
Hi Sunshine,
First of all, you’re already underselling yourself! When you posted that, you had one post, not zero! I am thinking from your post that you are looking for a gentleman (or maybe not so gentlemanly type of that’s your preferred flavor... but I have to ask if you would ever consider a couple? Sort of like a gentleman with a tiny bit of dessert. ;) If so, I have to tell you that you sound like just the type of girl my husband and I would like to chat with. Please check out my profile and our post if you’re even the tiniest bit curious. If not, I wish you lots of luck... there are some extremely interesting and captivating people here (even if you have to search a bit...)
xo

I sent you a pm, Sunshine! Welcome to lit!

Thanks for the "welcome" but I've been here before. Reading is key ;)

Hi Sunshine,
First of all, you’re already underselling yourself! When you posted that, you had one post, not zero! I am thinking from your post that you are looking for a gentleman (or maybe not so gentlemanly type of that’s your preferred flavor... but I have to ask if you would ever consider a couple? Sort of like a gentleman with a tiny bit of dessert. ;) If so, I have to tell you that you sound like just the type of girl my husband and I would like to chat with. Please check out my profile and our post if you’re even the tiniest bit curious. If not, I wish you lots of luck... there are some extremely interesting and captivating people here (even if you have to search a bit...)
xo

Thank you for the kind message but I'm just not into women - or couples. But if I were, you sound lovely :)

I completely understand! Know that you were definitely the reason for my smile as I anxiously waited to see if you’d be curious. If you ever have the slightest change of heart or desire to explore outside of your normal preferences... please message us :)
xo

You may very well be too picky, but I hope you find what you're looking for.

I have no idea how to reply to this. Welcome back to lit? While I always like to chat with people either in chat rooms of over pms I fear you may run away when you see my 6 eyes and 2 heads :p

I hope you find what you are looking for as connections are great, so is learning or teaching.

Just a heads up if you want me to pm you or something just be warned I have a wicked sense of humor and I do pun puns.

You're not weird nor picky. Selective moreso. It's ok to be this way. I'm not seeking anything but being friendly. No, I'm not into women either.

I applaud your efforts and truly wish you the best🌹

I am also seeking my connection. But here's where I'm a bit perplexed. In my mind, having a connection with someone is more than knowing each other's digital profile. Non-verbal cues and spoken inflections create more context to a conversation than any amount of words ever could.

If I type, "You're a peach." Can you tell if I'm being sarcastic, serious or sexy? What if I describe the speaker as having a Scottish accent and saying it with a loving smile. It's not so easy, is it.

So why are you trying to make a connection here when the internet offers various other ways to do this on a more local scale where it would be easier to establish a meet?

I am also seeking my connection. But here's where I'm a bit perplexed. In my mind, having a connection with someone is more than knowing each other's digital profile. Non-verbal cues and spoken inflections create more context to a conversation than any amount of words ever could.

If I type, "You're a peach." Can you tell if I'm being sarcastic, serious or sexy? What if I describe the speaker as having a Scottish accent and saying it with a loving smile. It's not so easy, is it.

So why are you trying to make a connection here when the internet offers various other ways to do this on a more local scale where it would be easier to establish a meet?

So I'm sensing that you have not had luck in this area - whether it is by your own choice or others. It's fine - I get it, really. Not finding what you seek can make you mad, sad, perplexed, or even...I don't know...unnecessarily negative or down-putting of others ideas.

I'm not a hermit. I don't live in an underground bunker with my laptop in my hands and never see the light of day. I have friends, I have "my people". But as someone who has been on this site for years (under a different name), I know that you CAN find interesting people on here to get to know. And this place offers a space to explore idea and conversations that might be a little more awkward with people you just met in a Barnes & Noble (yes, I do still buy paper books - I like to read, I like the smell of books, and kindles just don't cut it for me.)

I would highly discourage for someone to live their life on Lit - only seeking connections online. But you never know, my newest BFF might be one PM away :)

First of all, I know what you’re thinking. “She’s been on here for a month, zero posts - she must be a bot”. It’s ok, I often react the same way, but I’m not. I’m flesh, and blood, and brain. But I’m also a work-a-holic who loves her job, loves her time outside, and truthfully doesn’t know what to do this time around.

I’ve been a lit member under a previous name for several years but took a break when I felt I needed to. I’m here again and looking for what most on here want – someone. Someone to get to know, and who wants to know me. Like really know me – not just my bra size. Someone who I can learn from or teach. Someone to enjoy and look forward to. Someone real – which is all too often a miss on this site. Someone with a heart and doesn’t mind that I wear mine on my sleeve. A connection.

Specifics:
  • I can’t say “looks don’t matter” because if you have 2 heads and 6 eyes I will likely be a bit afraid (sue me!) but a connection is built on much more.
  • Age does matter. I’m not looking to be some novelty for an 18 year old nor do I think I will have much in common with an 80 year old. 28-48 would probably be ideal.
  • I like sex, but again I’m looking for more than that. Please don’t include a dick pic with your first PM :).

Sorry if you think I’m picky, I just like to be upfront. Wasting someone’s time is never kind and pride myself on being a sweetheart :)

If this is who I think this is I wish you luck old friend. I truly hope you find what you are looking for. You're amazing. :rose:

So I'm sensing that you have not had luck in this area - whether it is by your own choice or others. It's fine - I get it, really. Not finding what you seek can make you mad, sad, perplexed, or even...I don't know...unnecessarily negative or down-putting of others ideas.

I'm not a hermit. I don't live in an underground bunker with my laptop in my hands and never see the light of day. I have friends, I have "my people". But as someone who has been on this site for years (under a different name), I know that you CAN find interesting people on here to get to know. And this place offers a space to explore idea and conversations that might be a little more awkward with people you just met in a Barnes & Noble (yes, I do still buy paper books - I like to read, I like the smell of books, and kindles just don't cut it for me.)

I would highly discourage for someone to live their life on Lit - only seeking connections online. But you never know, my newest BFF might be one PM away :)

To be fair, I'm not putting your idea down. Do as you like. It's not for me to judge. I just feel very misunderstood in an online atmosphere where my verbal inflections and eye contact don't exist as part of my communication. Maybe it's just up to me to adjust to that.

My point is that I don't see how you can truly connect with someone that you don't see in person. And if your aim is to connect, why go this route? I'm not asking to naysay, simply to understand your pov.

As for Barnes and Noble, I'm sure there's a section on fetishes somewhere in that store... Well, maybe not.

What if I want to be the reason someone furrows their brow today? That's a standard I find more aspirational.

Where I am the reason people laugh, either with me... or AT me. Mostly at me. lol

What if I want to be the reason someone furrows their brow today? That's a standard I find more aspirational.

Well....if you like upsetting people, you are certainly checking out the wrong thread. But to each their own, I guess?

Where I am the reason people laugh, either with me... or AT me. Mostly at me. lol

I'm ok with people laughing at me - if it makes them smile. I mean, if I fall on my bum or say something stupid, I'll likely be laughing too :)

Well....if you like upsetting people, you are certainly checking out the wrong thread. But to each their own, I guess?

I'm ok with people laughing at me - if it makes them smile. I mean, if I fall on my bum or say something stupid, I'll likely be laughing too :)

Good :) Hope you had an amazing Christmas... I miss chatting with you old friend. Drop me a line some time.:rose:

Intrigued

Hi, I too used to be quite active on the site under another name (bet you can't guess which one ;)).

"Someone who I can learn from or teach." This intrigues me. Would love to message you about it...

I never thought a furrowed brow necessarily equated to being upset.

I must confess, if you did then I most likely would. However, I would also quickly check you were ok and I'd offer to rub arnica in :)

Be the reason YOU smile today, because you'll likely be the reason they smile today as well :rose::D

Bummer, would love to get to "really" know you. That's what I'm kinda on here for. Sex chat is cool but I would love long term chat. But unfortunately, at 58, I'm about ten years older than what you're looking for. :-(

Back