a companion to 30 in 30

LadyS, congrats on your finish. :rose:

Ange, that is a gorgeous piece of poetry. Just thinking about the imminent PoBo Terzanelle class has me ready to break a sweat. I'll be joining Bj for shots of bleach, no chaser. :eek:

And thank you, too, my jazz sister. I think you'll find terzanelles pretty easy. I find them one of the easier forms to write. For me, much easier than ghazels. :kiss:

Dear Eagleyez,

You are the best boyfriend in the whole world. And yeah it's goofy but just right. I love you muchly.

xxxxxooooo,
Angeline

PS Thank you for making coffee. :D

Thank you both! I'm going to try to write some more for the Amante series in this run. I'd love to get it up to around twenty or so poems. :)

:kiss:
Didn't you once say you wanted to try an Amante chap book? If so, great idea. Keep going, girl. :rose:

Didn't you once say you wanted to try an Amante chap book? If so, great idea. Keep going, girl. :rose:

I am. And thank you for the vote of confidence. I was not feeling well last night--allergies, I think; the weather is getting very chilly and autumnal here and my sinuses are in revolt. So I got in bed and then remembered the 30/30. I said to T, "we're a team, right?" Lol. I was sure I'd get flak.

Anyway, your poems in that thread are rocking. Really they are. We're baaack. :D

:heart:

I am. And thank you for the vote of confidence. I was not feeling well last night--allergies, I think; the weather is getting very chilly and autumnal here and my sinuses are in revolt. So I got in bed and then remembered the 30/30. I said to T, "we're a team, right?" Lol. I was sure I'd get flak.

Anyway, your poems in that thread are rocking. Really they are. We're baaack. :D

:heart:
Unfortunately, I'm a little behind on the poems. I haven't had much time on the computer in the past few days. I hope I can catch up later and not be thought of as a terrible cheat for not starting over. I just don't have it in me to start the 30/30 again. It's too hard! :D

Unfortunately, I'm a little behind on the poems. I haven't had much time on the computer in the past few days. I hope I can catch up later and not be thought of as a terrible cheat for not starting over. I just don't have it in me to start the 30/30 again. It's too hard! :D

A terrible cheat? Like me? lol. Ask Hugo to write one for you like I did with T. :p

He's why I'm behind on my poems. :mad:

Bad Hugo! Bad man! :D

I don't even know why I started in again with that thread. I mean I love to write poems like you do and I know it's good for me to work at it every day, but jesus as soon as I start in that thread I feel like the ancient mariner with the dead albatross.

Where's that Neo? I wanna :caning: him!

I've just read the last several pages of 30/30 ... :nana: I have to say ya'll are doing Great !!! Keep'm coming my friends, they're very inspirational ~~

:rose:

sun-faded
remnants,

bob in the jetties
left behind,

wind-torn,
rain-soaked
pieces of separating
paper, broken
ink--lost memories,

misplaced dreams,
dislodged
futures
-----
:cool:

Congratulations Mister Master Glomper. Well done! I only have 21 to go. My future is feeling pretty dislodged, too. :(

:kiss:

Congrats 4d and Remec. :rose: (4d, as per your wishes, i'm whispering....no pom poms even :))

Ange, I read your terzy. It is not meant to be read quickly. I had to try three times and I kept slowing down. Once I did, it flowed nicely. Oh, and I thought about your voice and heard it in my head when I read it. That made a difference. You need to do an audio of this one.

Ange, I read your terzy. It is not meant to be read quickly. I had to try three times and I kept slowing down. Once I did, it flowed nicely. Oh, and I thought about your voice and heard it in my head when I read it. That made a difference. You need to do an audio of this one.

Thank you flamey skeleton girl.

I was gonna put a note on there that said read it aloud. You figured it out. I feel like we've been married for 20 years. :D

Thank you flamey skeleton girl.

I was gonna put a note on there that said read it aloud. You figured it out. I feel like we've been married for 20 years. :D
Do the audio. You have a great voice!
I don't do audio poetry. You've heard me. :rolleyes:

Hey champ, really liked the one about the dance. Part of me wants to just kick back and delight in that bold, almost brutal power, and another part of me wants to study it. I think I know what you're doing but you make it look deceptively easy to do. Eve sometimes gets on me about more meatiness... bingo.

Hey champ, really liked the one about the dance. Part of me wants to just kick back and delight in that bold, almost brutal power, and another part of me wants to study it. I think I know what you're doing but you make it look deceptively easy to do. Eve sometimes gets on me about more meatiness... bingo.
Sly innuendo is far more powerful than blatantly obvious. darkmaas had a challenge here a wee while (years) ago and we had to write an erotic poem using euphemism and innuendo. The challenge was to use language you would if you were sitting with the great-aunts and the parish vicar at tea. Some really funny poems came from that, but also, it was a terrific exercise in using the double entendre... I think that's where my "Oil Change" poem came from.

Sly innuendo is far more powerful than blatantly obvious. darkmaas had a challenge here a wee while (years) ago and we had to write an erotic poem using euphemism and innuendo. The challenge was to use language you would if you were sitting with the great-aunts and the parish vicar at tea. Some really funny poems came from that, but also, it was a terrific exercise in using the double entendre... I think that's where my "Oil Change" poem came from.

Would you call "Push your pelvis forward" sly innuendo? To me that's pretty blatant. But it did come after a relatively sly setup. Shifted gears. That's the impression I got.

the salad one was pretty good too.

oh fanged bunny,

this:

Analog Time

I followed the minute hand around the day
and noticed that the sun stayed low
in the sky, not rising far above
the southern pines.

I felt the moments linger on in shadows
of a morning tea and buttered toast
nibbled later than a summer breakfast
simply since the day stayed long in bed.

Too soon the time came to say goodnight
without a long and lingering dusk
since early winter really means
the night falls heavy and stays long.

and this:

Annie's Worth

She won't wear a weight of gaudy jewels,
not gold and silver on her skin;
those signal things belong to fools.

Her worth is found hidden within,
measured in love poured from her heart,
not gold and silver on her skin.

Scraps of velvet or lace or satin to start
to show her devotion to truth and her friends,
measured in love poured from her heart

and the unfailing support her strength lends,
so she consents to wear this tangible sign
to show her devotion to truth and her friends.

I want to shower her with everything fine
she's extremely valuable, you see,
so she consents to wear this tangible sign.

Not for Annie precious metal filigree
she won't wear a weight of gaudy jewels
she's extremely valuable, you see,
those signal things belong to fools.

took the top of my head clean off. For various reasons. It was a damn fine experience, so thank you.

bj

oh fanged bunny,

this:

and this:

took the top of my head clean off. For various reasons. It was a damn fine experience, so thank you.

bj
Thanks, sugar. I've been running short of easy ideas to write about and these ones came along as bolts of inspiration. I'm trying to make them all long enough to say, "I really did work on a poem today" although I understand length doesn't neccessarily equate to effort or quality, but it's a personal kind of feeling that I can't explain.

So, 5 more days to go and then I'll start bringing them up to the rad crit thread.

Congratulations on your 30/30 Champagne. Solid effort. You will have plenty of gems to polish from this run.

And WildSweetOne, great start to your 30! I look forward to your poems ahead. :rose:

Thanks ladies. The November 30 in 30 was my nano run. Eventually I'll try to push it to 1500 words in a story a day but for now, a poem was enough. I feel good about it.

WSO :rose: how lovely to see you joining in on that thread. I look forward to your waffling ;). Give me a day or two off and we'll see if I can think about another stab at 30 more.

Dear WSO, I've been paying attention to your run and you're giving us some really terrific poems. It strikes me that your entries are durned near final edits. I know we can always find something to improve upon in our own poetry, but you must admit, sometimes leaving a poem as is, works.

Keep going! I'm posting to the Dirty 30 thread this month since the holidays may be disruptive to daily entries and I hate to fail at the challenge. So, with you in spirit and definitely in words. :rose:

Back