Writing Goal for the Day?

Hmmm. Mr Penn says he will take the kids out today and leave me to myself. I should challenge myself to see how much writing I can get done in that time...
 
Yoo Hoo! TEX the cabana boy! Bring me some coffee, pulleez.

Just bagged my daily writing quota. No excuses.

Oh! Horror! I took the FACEBOOK 'What Famous Person Are U' test, and got Adolf Hitler. Then I took a Political Identification Test and scored a cats whisker from bullseye dead-center. Most pols dont come near the center, so there are no famous pols associated with my score. I think my score makes me libertarian.

Finished FREAKY DEAKY by Elmore Leonard last nite. He says its his best book but it aint close to it. His best books were his Westerns of the 1950s.
 
Got a little done. They weren't gone too long. Still, it was nice. Not sure about today. Grocery shopping is a must.
 
Sigh. My quest for stroke failed. I ended up adding some story to it and will finish this morning.

This one isn't for lit, it's going on Amazon.

When this is finished I'm going back to my Summer contest entry and seeing if I can get it done by mid week.
 
I've finished an edit and got a couple of pages in on a new story. The idea was just too good to pass up. :D

Poor JbJ, he doesn't understand the way the game is played. Putting the excuses out there in front of everyone makes you have to do better. A negative type of positive reinforcement.
 
Poor JbJ, he doesn't understand the way the game is played. Putting the excuses out there in front of everyone makes you have to do better. A negative type of positive reinforcement.

Well done, sir.
 
Another dollop of story is done. No excuses.

A better ending popped into my noggin. It fits my criteria for novelty and plausible surprise. I got the idea from a book I read: A woman reports her car stolen, then later finds it where she lost it in the parking garage. Duh. I altered the idea to this: A trio of guys go on a caper. One of the trio is supposed to stay with the getaway car, ready to roll. But he doesnt. He briefly strays for whatever reason, and someone steals the car.
 
I ended up with a little over 4000 words and 13 pages on the story I started yesterday. Maybe I can finish it today. It's a silly premise but a fun write.

Juggling 9 naked ladies and a naked guy chained to a wall is an interesting learning curve.
 
Juggling 9 naked ladies? :eek:

I hope you have a lot of advil on hand, and an audition with cirque du soleil lined up.
 
I guess i should have added a disclaimer that no naked ladies were harmed during the writing of this story. :D

Phew. As long as there isn't also a disclaimer letting the reader know that no naked ladies were pleasured during the writing of the story, then we're good.

I am hoping to add another healthy size chunk to my Summer Contest story. :)

How sad is it that I've been working on the winter story in the hopes that I'll have enough time to finish it?

Best of luck, by the way.
 
Done! No excuses.

Actually it was done last night when the scene was fresh. Writing scenes rather than pages seems to be my natural stride.

I noticed something recently. Middle-class people arent interesting, and are tough work to make interesting unless theyre alcoholic or promiscuous or otherwise afflicted.
 
Phew. As long as there isn't also a disclaimer letting the reader know that no naked ladies were pleasured during the writing of the story, then we're good.



How sad is it that I've been working on the winter story in the hopes that I'll have enough time to finish it?

Best of luck, by the way.

Thanks, and it's okay to work ahead. I usually do, this time though - (incoming excuse) - I was done to one computer and had all the kids home from school, so my summer suddenly was full of real life and less computer time.
 
How sad is it that I've been working on the winter story in the hopes that I'll have enough time to finish it?

Best of luck, by the way.

I started my summer story months ago and there's no guarantee I'll get it done for the contest. So planning can help, or... you can be me. :)
 
1. My summer contest is posted.
2. I got some editing and a lot of good writing in yesterday.
3. Today's gonna be spent at the dentist, so I'm not going to expect to get any writing done. I will be working on plotting in my head, though.
 
I noticed something recently. Middle-class people arent interesting, and are tough work to make interesting unless theyre alcoholic or promiscuous or otherwise afflicted.

Nice.


Dumped out 3k words on a story last night, probably going to double that. Plot's done, down to nookie. I'll probably finish it today or tomorrow.
 
Back
Top