The Tattoo Artist (closed)

Most mortals do pass out when they first meet me.

The wall spoke again as the eye focused on him again.

Ignore our Lexa's bedside manner to those unconscious.
 
Most mortals do pass out when they first meet me. “Jesus……..” he whispered, unsteadily rising to his feet “so you are real…” he mentally slapped himself, yea brilliant question, good way to get eaten right? Travis finally found his bearings and let go of the chair he’d had a death grip on, still reflexively taking a step back, his hand reaching out blindly to take Lexa’s, Ignore our Lexa's bedside manner to those unconscious. ok that made travis laugh, and he gave her a sidelong glance, his eyes sparkling, and that statement succeeded in helping him to relax some “Yeaaaaa, she isn’t much for a soft touch” he teased, looking at her with a grin before he focused back on the eye “and well, I apologize, I uhhh, im not sure what the social etiquette is for meeting a??........dragon?......” he glanced at Lexa for confirmation his eye brow’s raising “soooooo…………………….” His voice trailed off, “well, I guess ill get to business” he cleared his throat and tugged at the collar of his shirt before he started relaying the information they had learned and how his business was now in limbo due to the revelation of bad business deals and Mafia involvement.

When he finished when he finished he gave Lexa’s hand a squeeze “would it be impolite to ask for a drink? Preferably a stiff one?” he half chuckled
 
Lexa nodded when he looked for confirmation that he was in fact talking to a dragon. Grandmother motioned to the table where there were several drinks available from Sako to true Russian vodka and everything in between.

Lexa spoke up.

The yak and the mob both making plays for this place... I do not like this.

The dragon nodded slightly.

I will speak with the others if they know nothing of this then they will hunt on their end as we hunt here.
 
Travis listened as Lexa and the....dragon.....talk, fucking god, he still can't wrap his mind around that, but really, should he be surprised? He's learned so much in the last year, most everything he grew up dreaming about, playing, wishing were real, wishing he'd been one, idly he rubbed his eyes, rousing from his thoughts and working his jaw a few times to clear his hearing he smiles as the older lady brings him a glass of something warm, he sniffs it, Sake she says and walks away, he smiles warmly and takes a tentative sip, feeling the warm liquid slide down his throat he closes his eyes briefly in pleasure. I will speak with the others, if they know nothing of this then they will hunt on their end as we hunt here.. Travis blinked and looked up "others? Like, other dragons? How many are there? " the little boy in him perking up in interest "I'm starting to realize that most of what I grew up hearing about it that I always dreamed about is real" Travis pauses and takes a few breaths, realizing the itch of his voice makes him sound like a blathering idiot and he downs the rest of the sake in his cup, feeling the warm burn of it spread across his skin and he blinks looking at the cup, Wow, good stuff....... he sets the cup aside "ummm......" watching as Lexa and the huge eye stare unblinking at him and he grins stupidly "sorry....."
 
There are 5 in the old countries and 4 in the new lands west of you all call Congo.

The eye blinked as if thinking.
 
Travis nodded but the gears in his head were also turning, finishing off the glass of sake he pours another glass, he'd never been one to drink sake, but it right now it seemed that he acquired the taste, not that he was really tasting it, but it was helping him to cope. Running his hand through his hair he started at the wall, as he finally began to relax slightly The artist in him began studying the curves and near elegance of what he could only assume was the dragons head, or at least a portion of it that served as that wall and the way the eye moved as it looked back and forth between him and Lexi.

"So, how long have you been................here????.......". The pause in his voice suggesting he had been ready to ask a different question, or finish that statement differently. But his gaze continued to move, "so is that his head? I'm assuming since there's an eyeball blinking at us?" He asked "The contouring of the spines and ridges, over the eye look almost painted in their design, are scales? " and he paused, just assuming it was scales since dragons were considered reptiles "are they unique to every dragon? Or do you all share the same scaly.......design?" Travis knew he should shut up, but the the artist in him needed to know
 
The Dragon laughed and answered his questions patiently like an older person would any child. Lexa sat back, biting back hard not to laugh. The Dragon's eye fell back to her with a raise of that brow arch.

What is so funny? Has he held no interest in drawing you snake?

The dragon laughed.

I have been here since the first of my mortal people arrived here seeking work and to pass along knowledge. I would be agreeable to you traveling into my chamber of the mines some time to talk more face to face if you like.

She simply sat back watched with a smirk at the Dragon's comment to her knowing he could tell that they had been intimate.

You just keep thinking that Scales

SHe joked back
 
Travis didn't miss the fact that Lexa's shoulders were shaking with silent laughter and he tried to give her a dirty look but he was unable to keep the smile from curling the edges of his lips. yea he knew he sounded like a babbling idiot, but he couldn't help it, how many people in their lives ever, will be able to say they met a damned dragon and not only lived to tell the tale, but that they were indeed real!!!!. The rumbling bass of the dragons voice cut through his questioning and inquisitive thoughts What is so funny? Has he held no interest in drawing you snake?. Travis' eyebrow peaked at the question as he turned to give Lexa an inquisitive look, his eyebrow arched "yea baby, when do I get to see you in all your naked glory" he taunted, she knew damned well he'd been wanting to draw her since the day she shifted on him and tried to scare him away, and he already seen, kissed, and licked every damn inch of her body. The dragon laughed. You just keep thinking that Scales


"The mines huh? " he frowned and canted his head to the side "interesting, the same caves we were at just a few days ago? Or is there another place in town I wasn't aware of?" He asked, his mind now firmly off of the troubles with the Yakuza, moving around to once more stand beside Lexa, taking her hand in his unconsciously. "So what's the next move then? You said you'd go have a talk with the others?"
 
Yes the same ones just a deeper area than most travel.

She simply sat back watching them. She held his hand.

Yes I will be traveling to speak with the other dragons to get their assistance with the mortals who fail to listen to orders of leaving my home alone
 
Travis just nodded, thoughtful, a hand going to his forehead rubbing over his brows as he winced slightly, a good migraine starting to build behind his eyes, absently nodding as things were explained and again he sighed, this really was turning into a shit year, “look………..im……….im sorry for bringing all of this to your doorstep like this” he gave Lexa’s hand a light squeeze, glancing to her then the dragon, “I still cant wrap my head around how one bad business deal that nearly had Lexa ripping my throat out could turn to shit so utterly, I mean, some of the biggest criminal empires on the planet chose me out of fucking anyone else, and now youre cleaning up my mess, which only seems to get worse the more we find out “ he shook his head, finding a chair to slump down into rubbing his eyes
 
Lexa smirked.

Every few generations these idiots realize or remember there is a shoreline area that they have not gotten a hold of for some reason. Forgetting why they don't have a piece of this town. So we get to remind them... It's fun. Just like that bar I cleaned up.

She chuckled as did the dragon since it was him that the bikers brought some of the remains to for disposal.
 
It's fun. Just like that bar I cleaned up. That made Travis snort, then start laughing, helping to ease the tension in him as he shook his head and wipe away the tears of laughter that colored his vision “Only you” he shook his head, shoulders still trembling from his chuckling “would find that fun” but whether intentional or not her exclamation helped to ease some of the guilt he still felt. Too much had happened in the last 6 months already for which he felt responsible, but knowing now, that Lexa could be trusted………god has it really only been 6 months? He felt like he’d known her forever by now, and while she still had the ability to completely shock him with revelation after revelation about the world he truly lived in. He felt steadier with her around then he ever had, leaning back in his chair, arms raised her stretched, groaning and twisting slightly a few small pops and cracks of bone and muscle and he settled, glancing at his watch and blinking “damn……….so, whats for dinner?” he quipped “I swear, days are just flying by lately”
 
Let's head back upstairs to eat and let him do what he needs to do.

Lexa smiled holding his hand. Then we will see what happens.
 
Let's head back upstairs to eat and let him do what he needs to do. Travis nodded as he followed Lexa up to the dining hall, ordering a glass of tea he pulled her chair out for her then sat himself grabbing a menu “so, whats good to eat?” he said looking over the options foot tapping slightly in time to the soft music
 
She smiled to him and nodded to the server.

Bring a little bit of everything for him to try.

She sat back and relaxed.

So now that everything is dealt with what should we do?
 
So now that everything is dealt with what should we do?. Travis blinked, "I....................don't know......" he trailed off, head tilting in thought "I have a few ideas of some things I'd like to do, and I have a few online orders to make for supplies for a project I have in mind" he smiled, those supplies being new drawing pads, pens, colored markers, colored paints even a few tablet computers designed specifically for art students to make digital art for the children and those in the cave, something new he was hoping they would enjoy, as well as a few new drawings he also had in mind, although the lingering thought of drawing Lexa in all her scaled glory, and subsequently naked glory, danced through his head, and the thought made him shift slightly in his chair as his body reacted to said images. "Do.......you have anything in mind?" He asked, looking to her as the food arrived, and he looked over the spread, brows raising at the degree of food offered, hardly knowing where to start
 
I think they might like that,

She smiled.

Relaxing till my involvement is needed again.

She smiled as the food arrived and his expression.
 
I think they might like that, . Travis blinked, looking up his eyebrows lifting "huh? Who might like what?" Had he spoken out loud? He knew he'd been thinking way to hard, Or was she just able to read him that easily now? He was about to ask when the food arrived, and he became distracted by the smells of what was laid out before them. He figured he could always ask later as they ate in companionable silence. He had never been one for Chinese or middle eastern foods, but he had to admit that damn, these people made incredible selections. He took his time savoring the different options and delicacys till he thought he would pop from being too full. Wiping off his hands and face he smiled, picking up his soda and washing down the rest of the food he sighed happily. "How did I ever get so lucky? He asked, smiling, both referring to Lexa now being in his life and the direction things seem to going, he still believed one day he'd wake up and find this allll had just been a very long, very vivid dream and he'd still be living in that old dingy orphanage

"Lexa...." he said quietly as they lounged... "what would you say if I asked you to become my partner?"...........then just as quickly realizing what he'd said and how it could be taken "Business partner!" He croaked as he coughed having inhaled his soda the wrong way beating his chest to clear his airway "uhh, business............partner.... he could feel his face heating to a bright red as the blush curled all the way up to his ears "uhhhh, ..yea....ummm..." he coughed again a few times and wiped his mouth
 
Business... partner... I already have a business partner. So what are you trying to say or ask or whatever?

She raised a brow watching him very carefully. She was curious at the apparent backpedaling but dismissed it from her expression as she waited for him to stop coughing.
 
Business... partner... I already have a business partner. So what are you trying to say or ask or whatever?. Travis rubbed his face, seeming to shake himself, although he couldn't quiet get rid of the stupid embarrassed grin as he fussed with his shirt, tugging at his collar "uhhh, well, you know you can have more then one business partner, but I'm talking about you possibly helping me with my firm." He undid the top button of his shirt and finished the glass of sake that he had. "Now that I'm down a secretary and my reputation and contacts are now in the trash. Perhaps you'd be willing to help me rebuild my own business, help make decisions on cases or any plans. Or well, Hell, its clear there are far more people, like those here, in the cave, that need help"

How the hell could this women STILL make him stutter and feel like a school yard kid giggling over the hot girl, "well fuck, it appears you still can make me tongue tied, i stuttered because I wasn't sure how you'd take my proposal about helping with my business, and it doesn't help that i cant seem to think or talk straight around you" he gave her a genuine large smile, happy, "or do you think i should give up my firm at this point? "
 
I think you should do what makes you truly happy. If it is rebuilding your firm then do so. If it is something else then that is something only you can figure out. Just don't assume that those who live different than you always need help or saving from their lives. Adding to their lives is one thing but trying to change their lives to fit your surface views is different okay.

She smile then pausing to hear what sounded like a rumble in the mountains.

Well he will be gone a few days.
 
I think you should do what makes you truly happy. If it is rebuilding your firm then do so. If it is something else then that is something only you can figure out Travis mulled that over, his head tilting one way then another, considering what she’d said, the merits of it. Idly he swirled his drink around in his glass. He enjoyed being a lawyer, he enjoyed the court battles, but as everything began to pile up and with the events of the last 6 months, it had really soured his demeanor. [/I] Just don't assume that those who live different than you always need help or saving from their lives. Adding to their lives is one thing but trying to change their lives to fit your surface views is different okay.[/I] without really moving his body he shrugged. Nodded. “You’ve taught me the difference now, and I actually understand the difference” he said casually, smiling “I don’t think I have ever said thank you, at least that im capable of recalling at the moment” his smile softer, more genuine, his head turning briefly his brows lifting as he heard the rumble, then Lexa’s words and he shook his head “still cant wrap my head around that one yet” he half laughed “dragons, what a time to be alive” he smirked, focusing back on lexa as he finished his plate, and his drink, wiping his mouth clean “Im done trying to change things, I think youre right, I need to find a new path, maybe taxidermy, do something with all the bodies piling up” he joked, his eyes twinkling “sorry. That was a bit morbid” but he still smiled
 
She shook her head and smirked at his comment. Finishing her food she paused as if hearing something. From various points in the saloon snarls growls hissing and other animalistic sounds could be heard as if all wincing in pain but not severe just a discomfort.

The tribe... calls... the... wild souls...

Her eyes transform into their serpentine form as her fangs spring into place
 
He smirked as she shook her head, loving that little smile she had, it always made her face light up. He was gathering their plates and cleaning up, figuring they’d be heading out when the hair on the back of his neck stood up, a chill racing up his spine as he heard the first low growls, and snarls around him, his eyes widened as he looked around, but it was the coldness in Lexa’s voice that had his head snapping around, The tribe... calls... the... wild souls... the shiver that crawled up his spine should have frozen the blood in his veins as he watched her eyes shift, as she too joined the hisses, his eyes riveted to her fangs “uhhhhhhhhh, babe?” he studdered, swallowing hard as he looked around him, his hand inching to the gun at his back
 
A waitress walked over clearly very human except her eyes held a fsint glow she was a mortal born of the wolves.

I wouldnt do that if I were you.

She whispered.

The old one did not tell the tribe why he was returning home so if he said anything at all. Sooo every supernatural being in the area are now feral teill the tribal elders get answers. I can take you to them and if you know why he left they may accept the answer from you since you carry Lexa's scent but I don't guarantee it.
 
Back
Top